Nothing coming in 2010?

WDW Vacationer

Ooooo, good point!

:sohappy:

Never seen Crush yet (shy family :eek:), but I heard he answers marine biology questions for the kids. Is this true?

Any question their imaginative minds think up! It's pretty funny too,he usually picks on a few people in the "human tank".:ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

TDO is at fault for a lot of things, point is EO isn't the right fit.

Never said it was. But it is proper now. With the right circumstances.

Adults don't like Finding Nemo? And that argument can be said about anything- point is there's a happy medium for everyone and most Pixar and Disney movies are.
I honestly don't think that everything needs to be a happy medium. That's how you loose uniqueness. Like the AC. Not everything has to be for everyone, but that is important. There needs to be a balance. And having Nemo plastered all over the pavilion isn't it.

Ok...

Actions speak louder than words. We'll see, but I doubt it'll have a huge turn-out.

TLS was also more boring than watching a one man Broadway show staring Jeff Goldblum.

:snore:
Your opinion.

Which is why this thread is going no where. You won't convince me, I won't convince you.

:snore:

_Scar

I honestly don't think that everything needs to be a happy medium. That's how you loose uniqueness. Like the AC. Not everything has to be for everyone, but that is important. There needs to be a balance. And having Nemo plastered all over the pavilion isn't it.

Nemo isn't plastered over the whole pavillion. A lot of it Nemo-less. Balance.

EPCOT Explorer

See, I think Discoveryland has always been a more accurate description of Future World. I also think that the changes to The Seas Pavilion were better than the change from Horizons to Mission: SPACE, and Mission: SPACE (and to a lesser extent Living with the Land) are really the only Futuristic things in Future World right now. I've argued the opposite side of this, but the more I think of this, Ellen's Energy Adventure isn't particularly forward thinking any more. The Future theme is lost, and I'm not sure if it was every really cohesive - Discovery describes each pavilion far more accurately.
RSox- Sorry I missed this..:lol: I had to defend my jugular from jake first. :lol:

While it might be a accurate description, I think that's only because that's the direction they've allowed EPCOT to take. I think that's wrong. It's too generic. Futurism is something relevant, something dramatic and dynamic. Discoveryland? Can be found anywhere. DAK could fit that bill, IMHO.
Nemo isn't plastered over the whole pavillion. A lot of it Nemo-less. Balance.
Bull!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you been in there!? :lol:

muteki

:ROFLOL:

In DL it would be limited,in WDW,no way.

Something NEEDS to go there,but it's not EO.

They need to use the HISTA space in a refurb as compensation for the 40% of Journey Into Imagination that I have been shorted for the past 10 years. While they are at it, they can put their minds together with 30 years of technology to fix the turntable too :ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

They need to use the HISTA space in a refurb as compensation for the 40% of Journey Into Imagination that I have been shorted for the past 10 years. While they are at it, they can put their minds together with 30 years of technology to fix the turntable too :ROFLOL:

That's exactly what they hope to do. :lol: For HISTA at least.

muteki

Well they have been saying that for a while, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Least they could do would be to make a new imageworks in the HISTA space, and reabsorb the current 'works back into the ride, since the track pits still exist. That is, of course, if they insist on being looneys and not putting anything back upstairs :lookaroun

aladdin2007

Interesting, I didnt know they were even considering gutting the theater for more ride space? Seems like it would be cheaper to just reuse the the current ride space redo it from scratch, and put a new movie in the theater. Hopefully they use imagination this time though and would be great if the ride were enlarged. A 3D movie isnt a necessity I guess.

aladdin2007

Well they have been saying that for a while, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Least they could do would be to make a new imageworks in the HISTA space, and reabsorb the current 'works back into the ride, since the track pits still exist. That is, of course, if they insist on being looneys and not putting anything back upstairs :lookaroun

Yeah I'll believe it when I see them do anything at all really. I dont think Kodak has any intention right now of paying for anything.

EPCOT Explorer

Interesting, I didnt know they were even considering gutting the theater for more ride space? Seems like it would be cheaper to just reuse the the current ride space redo it from scratch, and put a new movie in the theater. Hopefully they use imagination this time though and would be great if the ride were enlarged. A 3D movie isnt a necessity I guess.
It's in the plans. Don't know if it's the one they'll act on, though.
Yeah I'll believe it when I see them do anything at all really. I dont think Kodak has any intention right now of paying for anything.

I wouldn't blame Kodak...Blame our other friends. :lol:

misterID

I agree with all of this, but I think so many of us criticize the theming of Tomorrowland and to a lesser extent Future World. Tomorrowland has never reached that Jules Verne vision of the Future - Sure, you had 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but Horizons actually had Jules Verne in the attraction. I agree on what the intent of Future World and Tomorrowland were meant to be, but Future World was never an accurate description of the land - they really should have called it Discoveryland because Future World as a whole was never entirely Futuristic. If they were against calling the entire land Discoveryland, they could call Future World East (Mission: Space side) "Future World", and they can call Future World West (The Seas and The Land side) "Discoveryland".

As to Future World and Tomorrowland being different, had Mission: SPACE been more successful it would have been cloned around the world. I have to assume it would have been put in Tomorrowland.

Yeah, neither TL or FW live up or reflect their themes. FW's theme was literally ripped to pieces. Our TL is just a mish mash. I wish we could get the refurb more like Paris, where I think they have THE definition of what TL should be. I even read Space Mountain Mission 2 was supposed to have a updated Horizons ride at one point. That... Would... Be... Awesome. :lookaroun

Future world is just a name now. No cohesive theme. Attractions that don't live up to potential. It would be hard to get it back to being the land it was and should be because of all the money and, erm, management involved. I could see a name change being appropriate. But it would be very sad.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, neither TL or FW live up or reflect their themes. FW's theme was literally ripped to pieces. Our TL is just a mish mash. I wish we could get the refurb more like Paris, where I think they have THE definition of what TL should be. I even read Space Mountain Mission 2 was supposed to have a updated Horizons ride at one point. That... Would... Be... Awesome. :lookaroun

Future world is just a name now. No cohesive theme. Attractions that don't live up to potential. It would be hard to get it back to being the land it was and should be because of all the money and, erm, management involved. I could see a name change being appropriate. But it would be very sad.

It would just mean that I would have to move to Paris. :lol:

I think FW has some Future left in it...SSE, LwtL, M:S, and the new parts of Inno do help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom