no more protective sleeves (for now) with lightsabers.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Not sure what is going on with Disney. And this is more than a plastic bag for your light saber.

The optics on everything Disney has done over the past few months have been terrible. (This, ILL, Genie+, Star Wars Galactic Cruiser, and we could go on) Seems Disney is winging things half the time and putting in absolutely no thought for the guest experience. Not a good look.

Creathir

Not sure what is going on with Disney. And this is more than a plastic bag for your light saber.

The optics on everything Disney has done over the past few months have been terrible. (This, ILL, Genie+, Star Wars Galactic Cruiser, and we could go on) Seems Disney is winging things half the time and putting in absolutely no thought for the guest experience. Not a good look.
“Josh is so amazing. He really will turn things around.”

Him and Bob need to go. Fast.
They are destroying this company at Lightning (Lane) speed…

Casper Gutman

As I've said elsewhere it feels like, over the last couple years, Disney has gone from being a well-run company that doesn't care very much about the parks division and runs them as a bottomless cash register to being a badly run company that simply has no idea how to run the parks division.

Feige is basically running one section of the company so well that the problems with all the others are being overlooked. If he ever stepped away (and I love the MCU and hope he doesn't for decades) the whole house of cards would begin to crumble.

ImperfectPixie

As I've said elsewhere it feels like, over the last couple years, Disney has gone from being a well-run company that doesn't care very much about the parks division and runs them as a bottomless cash register to being a badly run company that simply has no idea how to run the parks division.

Feige is basically running one section of the company so well that the problems with all the others are being overlooked. If he ever stepped away (and I love the MCU and hope he doesn't for decades) the whole house of cards would begin to crumble.
Agreed 100%

"El Gran Magnifico"

Putting the financials aside. Meaning the price increases, room night increases, and other things seemingly in the cash grab category - They completely ignored the experience.

People vacation differently. They look forward to different things. Disney seems to want to shoehorn everybody into a Disney approved process - and basically dictate - this is how you WILL behave while vacationing at Disney. I’m really starting to resent it.

MrPromey

... When we asked about the price of the experience being adjusted to account for the lack of a carrying sleeve, we were told that the sleeve was previously considered “complimentary” and that the price won’t be adjusted. We’re told that the price that guests are paying is for the lightsaber, hilt, and kyber crystal – the sleeve is not calculated in the price. Of course, for nearly three years now guests have been given a sleeve at the end of the experience, so a few very vocal guests were not happy with the change after they exited the experience."...
Complimentary?

So anyone could have gone in and asked for a case without buying the experience and they'd have been given one? 🤣

Only an idiot believes "free with purchase" is actually free or "complementary" and Disney trying to claim it was never calculated into the price despite it specifically being mentioned on their website as a part of what people got for the price has to be one of current management's most blatant lies, yet.

And why? Why handle things this way?

Their customers paid a small fortune to get into the park and even more than that to do this thing and they're treated like ungrateful beggars?

I feel sorry for the poor cast members who've been instructed to not acknowledge what's going on and quietly try to pass a plastic bag off as what they know is not what people paid for. It's not their decision and I'm sure they're getting the brunt of people's ire.

If it were me, my butt would pucker every time my arm went out with the bag in it, bracing for the response.

Just boggles the mind.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Here is the issue with saying "supply chain issues". It's a cop out. When you are selling a premium product like this you make sure you have all the component, bags and all. You stay ahead of it, as a business owner this is something I was always well aware of and sometimes that meant changing suppliers and paying more to stay ahead.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Haven't you heard? Chapek wants to install toll booths at all the entrances to Walt Disney World. He figures he can charge just to enter the property. Then you can decide what resort, park and/or additional fees you wish to pay for once you are inside.
You think it's a coincidence that SunPass and E-ZPass just started being interoperable last summer?

MrPromey

They should have done that immediately without prompting. They were really tone deaf on this one.
I'm wondering what person in management had a hit to the head of late and suffered the kind of soap-opera amnesia that made them forget all about the internet, going viral and their recent experiences with that - especially as it relates to expensive Start Wars stuff. :rolleyes:

The funny part of all of this is they're actually encouraging this kind of negative publicity by the way they're handling things. The public is quickly going to learn that when they're not happy and they create enough of an online storm, Disney will eventually cave.

So much cheaper and simpler to do the right thing by their customers from the start but someone must think their cast members aren't being stressed enough and that the company, as a whole, hasn't been getting enough negative media attention, already.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

This spring, The Complimentary Light Saber Bags Return!....(Please Ignore The $10 increase which we also just added)

1CA8EEF3-7619-4FEB-B891-5A70CC4F95DB.jpeg

?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom