no more protective sleeves (for now) with lightsabers.

natatomic

Same issue, different overpriced product.

I was taking some photos of a little girl having a princess makeover during her family’s vacation a week or two ago, and the dad had a droid he had built during their trip. He was telling me how they ran out of two different parts (I don’t know what they were), and he was pretty upset. He, too, asked if he could have a discount (no) or if he could have the missing parts shipped to him when they came in (also no). He said the only thing they offered him was the opportunity to either buy it as is at full price or not buy it at all, after having already built it.

similar to the lightsaber bag debacle, no one was warned about the missing pieces beforehand. I’m sure that’s intentional. Once you’re already in the middle of building you own personal, custom item, there’s a bit of emotional attachment to it. Customers are less likely to back out of the purchase at that point than had they been told before they even began that they’d be getting only a partial product.

So yeah, this has been going on for a while.

GimpYancIent

I was taking some photos of a little girl having a princess makeover during her family’s vacation a week or two ago, and the dad had a droid he had built during their trip. He was telling me how they ran out of two different parts (I don’t know what they were), and he was pretty upset. He, too, asked if he could have a discount (no) or if he could have the missing parts shipped to him when they came in (also no). He said the only thing they offered him was the opportunity to either buy it as is at full price or not buy it at all, after having already built it.

similar to the lightsaber bag debacle, no one was warned about the missing pieces beforehand. I’m sure that’s intentional. Once you’re already in the middle of building you own personal, custom item, there’s a bit of emotional attachment to it. Customers are less likely to back out of the purchase at that point than had they been told before they even began that they’d be getting only a partial product.

So yeah, this has been going on for a while.
Really sad and troubling Disney logistics personnel know when there is a shortage of something well before running out of the item or product. To say or do nothing then jam the guest / customer with a take it or leave it as is, that is simply wrong. To arrive at an accommodation / substitution or remedy before the running out occurs is the sign of proper proactive management. Looks like a new management team is needed.

Brian

Really sad and troubling Disney logistics personnel know when there is a shortage of something well before running out of the item or product. To say or do nothing then jam the guest / customer with a take it or leave it as is, that is simply wrong. To arrive at an accommodation / substitution or remedy before the running out occurs is the sign of proper proactive management. Looks like a new management team is needed.
It really shouldn't take a public shaming to get them to offer a modest discount on the product/experience when they are advertised as including a box/carrying sleeve.

castlecake2.0

I am embarrassed. What is going on with that leadership team?

Years ago at the epcot restaurant I worked at it was noticed we were drastically overbooked one week because of a computer glitch. Right away managers started calling reservations asking if they’d like an alternate location. On the overbooked days we had GR on site to assist guests, scheduled extra cast in the lobby to help entertain guests and brought in extra servers and food runners to try to turn the tables quicker/reduce waits. That’s how you handle an issue.

How does this locations leadership team think this anywhere close to handling this properly? Shame on all of them!

Last edited:

mf1972

Same issue, different overpriced product.

58B1A690-00B6-4CE3-8045-4C43CB1ADD64.gif

these are not the bags your looking for

John park hopper

Haven't the broader supply chain issues improved over the last month? I know they aren't fully resolved, but they've fallen out of the news, and for the most part they seem to be less of a part of the national conversation.
The supply chain has not improved at all. Like all things the media harps on a problem for a period of time then the media stops reporting but the problem still remains and gets worse --same with gas prices--- same with inflation --same with the border.

JoeCamel

Haven't the broader supply chain issues improved over the last month? I know they aren't fully resolved, but they've fallen out of the news, and for the most part they seem to be less of a part of the national conversation.
They seem to be getting worse from China

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom