no more protective sleeves (for now) with lightsabers.

matt9112

I built a lightsaber not too long after Galaxy’s Edge opened but always wanted to build another one. I made a reservation for the end of the month so now I am considering either canceling the reservation or taking the case I received with the first one I built.
Ok, fair point. I wasn’t thinking about the movie experience. But if they “presented” the wand in the box and I carried it out, I wouldn’t care. Personally. Because I hate packing those things home.

Fair...but you can at least pack it. Than again i have zero light sabers. I do have snapes wand though.

UNCgolf

I know we all hate Bob, but realistically he has no idea this is happening. Who should be getting blamed is area leadership at park level, and after a day or two escalate it to the park’s VP and President of WDW. If this lasts longer than the weekend then I have lost a lot of faith in that park’s executive team.

This is something I've pointed out repeatedly.

Chapek's overall vision for the parks is terrible, but CEOs are almost never involved at this level of decision making. It's likely several steps removed from him. No one sent him an email asking what they should do because they're out of carrying cases at the lightsaber building shop.

With that said, lower level employees believing this is an acceptable practice does feed back up to overall leadership. I'm not sure anyone would have even attempted this if the management team had different priorities.

Last edited:

doctornick

If there's a supply issue, then there's a supply issue. However the way to handle it is to keep giving the sleeves out until they run out, at that point say to guests "Sorry there's no sleeves anymore, you can cancel at no cost. Alternatively if you still want to build it you can and we'll give you a voucher for when they're back in stock or deduct $20 (or however much) from the price".

If there's a supply issue that's not the guests fault and therefore the cost shouldn't be passed on to them. But under no circumstances should guests be told "We're short of stock but if you pay extra you can have one"

Absolutely. If there is a supply issue, then Disney can't fix that. But their response to the supply issue is the key thing and the response by Disney is abysmal (and is better at Disneyland but still not really ideal).

Edit: I'll just point out that stuff like this just furthers my thoughts that the Starcruiser experience will be subpar. This lightsaber build is a relatively high cost experience. It's not some $10 trinket that is disposable where people don't have much expectation of quality. They hyped up this experience, charge a pretty penny for it (and limit it to only 2 people so it gets complicated or expensive for families) so they need to come through with the payoff. It's the kind of thing that park decision makes should say we need to keep these guests happy and satisfy their expectations; but this is far from achieving that. Now the Starcruiser is much more expensive, but you get the sense that they don't realize (or don't care) to actually meet the expectations of the people paying for it.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Not really. They're genuinely horrible. The foam inside melts in warm weather and gets stuck to the lightsaber. When I went to Savi's, I threw the thing out before my flight home because it was such a piece of crap.
Don't know what to say I have several and all have held up just fine. The Doc Ondars cases are a better quality, have one of them too, but as for the SAVIS cases I am satisfied that they have performed well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom