no more protective sleeves (for now) with lightsabers.

Peter Venkman

Original Poster
from another website:

"There’s a lot of plastic lightsabers being carried around in…plastic bags today at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Instead of being given a carrying sleeve for their lightsaber at the end of the Savi’s Workshop Custom Lightsaber building experience, guests are given a plastic bag.

The change, we’re told, is due to supply issues, but guests that we spoke with (and overheard yelling) are clearly not happy. It is reportedly not communicated to guests that they will not be given a carrying sleeve either before the experience, at check-in, or at the end of the experience. Cast Members are simply staying silent. Silent, that is, unless guests ask for a sleeve. At that point, Cast Members either provide a clear plastic bag, or inform guests that they can purchase a sleeve at Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities for $50.

As explained to us, this is a supply chain issue. When we asked about the price of the experience being adjusted to account for the lack of a carrying sleeve, we were told that the sleeve was previously considered “complimentary” and that the price won’t be adjusted. We’re told that the price that guests are paying is for the lightsaber, hilt, and kyber crystal – the sleeve is not calculated in the price. Of course, for nearly three years now guests have been given a sleeve at the end of the experience, so a few very vocal guests were not happy with the change after they exited the experience."

it would be one thing if they ran out since there are supply issues everywhere........but they have them and are telling you to go pay $50 for it now.

they may claim it's temporary but the way things are going........

Last edited:

JoeCamel

from another website:

"There’s a lot of plastic lightsabers being carried around in…plastic bags today at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Instead of being given a carrying sleeve for their lightsaber at the end of the Savi’s Workshop Custom Lightsaber building experience, guests are given a plastic bag.

The change, we’re told, is due to supply issues, but guests that we spoke with (and overheard yelling) are clearly not happy. It is reportedly not communicated to guests that they will not be given a carrying sleeve either before the experience, at check-in, or at the end of the experience. Cast Members are simply staying silent. Silent, that is, unless guests ask for a sleeve. At that point, Cast Members either provide a clear plastic bag, or inform guests that they can purchase a sleeve at Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities for $50.

As explained to us, this is a supply chain issue. When we asked about the price of the experience being adjusted to account for the lack of a carrying sleeve, we were told that the sleeve was previously considered “complimentary” and that the price won’t be adjusted. We’re told that the price that guests are paying is for the lightsaber, hilt, and kyber crystal – the sleeve is not calculated in the price. Of course, for nearly three years now guests have been given a sleeve at the end of the experience, so a few very vocal guests were not happy with the change after they exited the experience."

its would be one thing if they ran out since there are supply issues everywhere........but they have them and are telling you to go pay $50 for it now.

they may claim it's temporary but the way things are going........
How much does a plastic mailing tube cost? $.50 - $1.00?
#THANKSBOB

Peter Venkman

Original Poster
F777E712-756A-4EB2-9B3A-8ED6EFCDCAC8_1_201_a.jpeg

sullyinMT

If this were a lack of a themed box, a la Ollivander’s, I’d laugh this off and say “big deal. Box, bag, whatever.” But the Dok Ondar’s packaging looked to be a little more than that. Definitely part of the experience (even if a very small one). We’ve never done the lightsaber, only droids, but if they started charging for the Build-a-Bear style box I’d be irate as a guest.
Seriously, a lack of any kind of customer service recovery attempt has me thinking this isn’t a temporary or transient change. Unless enough people voice ire and this unannounced surprise goes the way of the ‘Ohana shrimp salad and noodlegate.

Goofnut1980

I can't believe how cheap they are getting... Soon it will be:

If you would like to breathe the air in the parks, that will cost you $1 per minute. We will bill you on the way out of the parks. There will be extra charges if you get a whiff of horse poo or popcorn being popped. The assessorial charges will be on a per sniff basis. Thank you and have a magical day.

doctornick

This seems absolutely insane. You can't charge that much for the experience and not have an adequate replacement. If you can't provide the proper carrying item and there is no valid substitute then you discount the price. I know we've talked about burning through goodwill but this is just pouring gasoline on the fire.

vikescaper

I built a lightsaber not too long after Galaxy’s Edge opened but always wanted to build another one. I made a reservation for the end of the month so now I am considering either canceling the reservation or taking the case I received with the first one I built.

doctornick

As has been mentioned in another thread, the details for Savi's still has stated and still states that a carrying case is included. If anyone is there now and this happens to them, I would take a screenshot and head to guest services and demand that I get the case from Dok Ondor's for free.

Wow, it sure is! I don’t know how you get away with telling someone to go buy one when it’s still advertised as part of the experience!
View attachment 612697

gerarar

Premium Member
I'm surprised these lasted through Christmas. Quoted wait time for standby/waitlist at the time was 3 hours. So many lightsabers in their complimentary case everywhere you look HS, and then there's the line of people taking pics with it at the Millenium Falcon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom