no more protective sleeves (for now) with lightsabers.

disneygeek90

Just sat down for Indiana Jones. Directly in front of me.
7EBD292B-DABC-4BB4-961B-F1A7E4500660.jpeg

dovetail65

Some people are acting like the free sleeves they used to get were any good to begin with, they were better than a bag, that's about it.

They are NOT what they sell for 50.00 that are light years away from what they gave free and many still went ahead and purchased those 50.00 covers when when they gave away the "included" covers. The free covers they used to include were not display quality like the 50.00 ones are.

So yeah, they are going plastic bags now and it's not as good as free cheap covers, but Disney is not as some seem to think, now charging 50 bucks for what was once free. They are two totally different covers entirely.

JoeCamel

Some people are acting like the free sleeves they used to get were any good to begin with, they were better than a bag, that's about it.

They are NOT what they sell for 50.00 that are light years away from what they gave free and many still went ahead and purchased those 50.00 covers when when they gave away the "included" covers. The free covers they used to include were not display quality like the 50.00 ones are.

So yeah, they are going plastic bags now and it's not as good as free cheap covers, but Disney is not as some seem to think, now charging 50 bucks for what was once free. They are two totally different covers entirely.
If I buy a large art poster in the world how do they pack it? Do they hand it to me and direct me to go to the UPS store for a mailing tube or do they put it in a tube for me?
No way they couldn't have got cardboard or plastic tubes as an interim solution for their fragile product sold at a cray=zy price.

Cesar R M

Bob Iger posted on Twitter on December 30th that he had just spent 3 days at Walt Disney World. Clearly, this was on his orders.
He probably wanted to be 7 days.. but once he seen that sh...t happening by Chapek's orders.. he decided to beeline out before rabid fans hunted him.

dovetail65

If I buy a large art poster in the world how do they pack it? Do they hand it to me and direct me to go to the UPS store for a mailing tube or do they put it in a tube for me?
No way they couldn't have got cardboard or plastic tubes as an interim solution for their fragile product sold at a cray=zy price.
I am only saying that the covers they were giving away were not the 50 dollar covers. Not only here but a few other forums people are making it seem like yeah if you want a cover go spend 50 when those free covers weren't worth but a few bucks.

I am betting it's supply chain issue, and anyone understand that gets it.

disneygeek90

I am only saying that the covers they were giving away were not the 50 dollar covers. Not only here but a few other forums people are making it seem like yeah if you want a cover go spend 50 when those free covers weren't worth but a few bucks.

Sure, I think everyone understands supply issues but they also should have been proactive in their recovery giving at least $25 in refund or gift cards and not waiting until the internet got a hold of the story. Lately it just seems like they do what they want and see what they can get away with.

JoeCamel

Um if I were selling crap and I ran out of said crap to put my expensive fragile toy in I would come up with a better solution than a plastic bag too small using the opportunity to increase the perceived value of the expensive crap I was selling.
It isn't hard to package it looks like no one cares to do so.
If you feel it wasn't worth anything and people shouldn't miss it I think you really don't understand what it is to sell retail.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Um if I were selling crap and I ran out of said crap to put my expensive fragile toy in I would come up with a better solution than a plastic bag too small using the opportunity to increase the perceived value of the expensive crap I was selling.
It isn't hard to package it looks like no one cares to do so.
If you feel it wasn't worth anything and people shouldn't miss it I think you really don't understand what it is to sell retail.

I would just take them up on the hotel delivery system. And then pick it apart when it arrives. I want no scratches, no blemishes, no irregularities. If Disney wants to be difficult...well then I can become a difficult guest.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
So the CMs you are ******* to have to bear the brunt for their manager's decisions? Big nope

Fair. But why should I bear the brunt of their executives decisions? It’s a two way street. Those CMs are paid because we as guests shell out a lot of $. If we don’t feel that - the $ is well spent - well then unfortunately the CMs are the first line. You may be okay with not receiving value for what you spend - I’m not.

JoeCamel

Fair. But why should I bear the brunt of their executives decisions? It’s a two way street. Those CMs are paid because we as guests shell out a lot of $. If we don’t feel that - the $ is well spent - well then unfortunately the CMs are the first line. You may be okay with not receiving value for what you spend - I’m not.
Easy, don't go, don't buy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom