no more protective sleeves (for now) with lightsabers.

sullyinMT

I can't believe how cheap they are getting... Soon it will be:

If you would like to breathe the air in the parks, that will cost you $1 per minute. We will bill you on the way out of the parks. There will be extra charges if you get a whiff of horse poo or popcorn being popped. The assessorial charges will be on a per sniff basis. Thank you and have a magical day.
You’ve done it! You’ve added parody to Star Wars canon:

screen-shot-2012-08-15-at-4-17-55-pm.png

StarshipDisney

This just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Soon they’ll start forcing people to buy silverware at quick service restaurants and say the plastic ware was complimentary. I wonder how much the birthday, anniversary, and celebration buttons will cost this year because I’m sure they won’t allow them to stay free.

Haven't you heard? Chapek wants to install toll booths at all the entrances to Walt Disney World. He figures he can charge just to enter the property. Then you can decide what resort, park and/or additional fees you wish to pay for once you are inside.

matt9112

If this were a lack of a themed box, a la Ollivander’s, I’d laugh this off and say “big deal. Box, bag, whatever.” But the Dok Ondar’s packaging looked to be a little more than that. Definitely part of the experience (even if a very small one). We’ve never done the lightsaber, only droids, but if they started charging for the Build-a-Bear style box I’d be irate as a guest.
Seriously, a lack of any kind of customer service recovery attempt has me thinking this isn’t a temporary or transient change. Unless enough people voice ire and this unannounced surprise goes the way of the ‘Ohana shrimp salad and noodlegate.

Lol wait so the box from ollivanders that you actually see...on screen is less important to the experience than a sleeve for your lightsaber? Thats featured....nowhere in cannon.

Ok pal.

vikescaper

At the very least, they should offer package pickup at the front for those who don’t walk around the park with their lightsaber in a plastic bag.

Hmm….now that I think about it more, maybe that wouldn’t be a good idea.

mergatroid

If there's a supply issue, then there's a supply issue. However the way to handle it is to keep giving the sleeves out until they run out, at that point say to guests "Sorry there's no sleeves anymore, you can cancel at no cost. Alternatively if you still want to build it you can and we'll give you a voucher for when they're back in stock or deduct $20 (or however much) from the price".

If there's a supply issue that's not the guests fault and therefore the cost shouldn't be passed on to them. But under no circumstances should guests be told "We're short of stock but if you pay extra you can have one"

sullyinMT

Lol wait so the box from ollivanders that you actually see...on screen is less important to the experience than a sleeve for your lightsaber? Thats featured....nowhere in cannon.

Ok pal.
Ok, fair point. I wasn’t thinking about the movie experience. But if they “presented” the wand in the box and I carried it out, I wouldn’t care. Personally. Because I hate packing those things home.

VJ

As has been mentioned in another thread, the details for Savi's still has stated and still states that a carrying case is included. If anyone is there now and this happens to them, I would take a screenshot and head to guest services and demand that I get the case from Dok Ondor's for free.
CMs have stated that the plastic bag is the carrying case and thus there is no requirement for reimbursement.

I'm not kidding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom