NO MORE CoP!? (October 2001)

mickeyears

I am so glad that I saw CoP this past week. We made a point to see it since there had been talk of it closing for good. There was a long line for the first show of the day. I believe that others had the same idea as us. It is so sad to hear it is now closed.

markymark

Closed for rehab might not be too bad. Surely if they were going to close it for ever, they would just say it was closed indefinately, or until further notice.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by markymark
Closed for rehab might not be too bad. Surely if they were going to close it for ever, they would just say it was closed indefinately, or until further notice.

I know my memory is not always reliable, but my recollection is that when they initially closed Mr Toad's ride, it was for "rehab." Then, when they decided on a replacement, the signs for a new attraction went up. Does anyone remember how this, and the closure of 20,000 leagues were handled? I just remember not thinking they were closing permanently at first.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
And how could we forget Journey Into Imagination? :)

Ahhhh, well that one wasnt in the same category as the others. It closed and went into immediate rehab - it didnt just sit there doing nothing like Horizons, 20k, Timekeeper and now COP.

But i know what you mean about rehab = replace.

DanStat

So Sad

You know, if Disney can't do anybetter than to close things for "cost-cutting", there is something wrong.

But yet, they can still charge $1,250.00 a night at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Let's not cut costs there to get more people to stay there, then get them into the parks.

I have written a letter to Disney complaining about all of the recent "cost-cutting". It is really sad that the "happiest place on Earth" is turning into "Cost-Cutting Capitol of the World"

:mad: :fork:

Tramp

:( SACRILEGIOUS :(

How else can you describe it?

Not only is the attraction a 'historical' piece in itself, but it's contents were a simplistic, yet effective, teaching tool by demonstrating chronological changes in the way we lived, the way we dressed, and subtle, social influences and nuances in our lives. :cry:

Walt....God bless ya man....sometimes change is not good.:cry:

OKWMEMBER

This is just icing on the cake for our upcoming trip! CoP has always been a must ride for me at the MK.:cry: I saw this attraction for the first time at the 1964-65 New York Worlds Fair and was thrilled with it then as well as now. This trip is going to be so different in so many ways.:( I'm sure we will still enjoy ourselves but I will definitely miss CoP, as well as the Skyride, 20,000 Leagues, etc. etc. infinity, it seems. Indeed, what a way to celebrate Walt's bithday.

Gary and Gail

astewart

This was one ride that I was really hopping to go on one last time. I went on it on my trip in 2000, but wanted to get in one last time before this happened. :(

disneydentist

Disclaimer: I personally like C0P. Now, with that out of the way and at the risk of offending a lot of people, I can see why it was closed. When's the last time that you saw even a moderate number of people on it? I can't recall when. People line up like crazy for Buzz, Space, Alien, and even the Speedway but not for C0P. Should they have left it open until it was time for new construction? Sure. Should it be replaced? Unfortuately, yes. It is a classic but one that most people don't seem interested in. At least in MHO.

Debbie

This sucks! Although it was older and not as popular it was indeed one of the touches of Walt Disney. All of the news of the cut-backs in WDW is just downright depressing. What a way to get me into the parks:rolleyes: Time to go get the Prozac filled.

Chris

I hate to see this attraction go. It has always been one of my favorites. The last time I rode it, they forgot the famous "and no video taping" part of the cast member introduction. Taking this as a key, I video taped the entire ride. Glad I did. May be the only way I will ever see this one again.:hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom