NO MORE CoP!? (October 2001)

Captain Hank

I think we might be being a little hard on him. Sure, he's singlehandedly responsible for giving the active membership of WDWMagic a collective heart attack, but how could he have known that this would happen? Of course, he did post info that was a year old. But still, if he'd picked any other CoP thread with a different title, I think we wouldn't have as much of a problem.

The funny thing is, I don't think he knows about this huge reaction--his "Last Activity" time is about a minute after the fateful post.

sabian

Ok everyone, thank Horizonsboy for the massive Cardio pulmonary Infarction............................(all together) THANKS HORIZONSBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: :hammer:

Captain Chaos

Let me ask this question:

Has anyone ever writtent o a manager of the Disney company, for example, Al Weiss? If so, did you ever get a response back?

I ask because I just typed up a letter and addressed it to everyone Grizz listed above. I will be mailing these letters tomorrow. I am just wondering if they ever return your correspondance? I am not expecting any answers back.

General Grizz

Original Poster
dxer07002 said:
Let me ask this question:

Has anyone ever writtent o a manager of the Disney company, for example, Al Weiss? If so, did you ever get a response back?

I ask because I just typed up a letter and addressed it to everyone Grizz listed above. I will be mailing these letters tomorrow. I am just wondering if they ever return your correspondance? I am not expecting any answers back.
Most people receive some form of response - whether a confirmation or a written response to the letter.

Thanks for your work! It helps make a difference!

General Grizz

Original Poster
darthdarrel said:
Pardon my ignorance, but is there a way to find out wether or not COP will be opening in the first 2 weeks of Ocbober? That is when I will be going again and COP is a must see for me. :D :wave:

RUMOR - and ONLY rumor - has COP "going down" after Labor Day. Whether this is seasonal (i.e. Stitch would be "fixed" by then) or if it is permanent, there is no way really to know. That's why the letter-writing is so important, just in case the rumor of considering a permanent closure is fought by the fans. I hope you get to see it! (ONLY RUMOR).

FigmentsFriend - be sure to post your thoughts when you finally get to see the attraction. :)

DisneySaint

Looking at Horizonsboy's profile, he is also 11 years old ... so that explains a thing or two, no? :brick: I hought you had to be 13 to even register on any internet forum. :confused:

Figments Friend

It will be my pleasure Grizz....i'm really looking forward to finally seeing CoP after all these years! The hint that it may well be "closed for refurb" right after Labor Day has me a little down as i plan on visiting the week after that. Oh man, i DO NOT want to miss it YET AGAIN!!! This happens to me ALL THE TIME!! I guess destiny has decided that i should not see it....which makes no sense at all as i'm one of the biggest Omni/AA ride-show fans there is! I still can't beleive i have missed CoP all these years!

I earlier poster made a very good observation in noting that CoP really does'nt get much coverage in the park marketing and other places. I had no clue that there was a ride there like that in Tomorrowland until about 5 years ago...when i learned that it was a AA show, i HAD to see it! But alas...just like "Timekeeper" ( which i have also never had the luck to see yet! Argh!!!!) i always seem to miss it when i go down to the parks. Both attractions are always closed!! It would rip my heart out if the Company ends up slamming these attractions before i have the chance to experience them even ONCE. I guess i have myself to blame.....always going in the "off season"...but not all of us can afford peak season!

Hopefully they will delay the "closure" of CoP this Fall and i will at long last get to witness this spectacular. When i do, i will be glad to post my thoughts on it in full which may be interesting to read coming from a first-timer, CoP "virgin"!

Kwit35

Figments Friend said:
It will be my pleasure Grizz....i'm really looking forward to finally seeing CoP after all these years! The hint that it may well be "closed for refurb" right after Labor Day has me a little down as i plan on visiting the week after that. Oh man, i DO NOT want to miss it YET AGAIN!!! This happens to me ALL THE TIME!! I guess destiny has decided that i should not see it....which makes no sense at all as i'm one of the biggest Omni/AA ride-show fans there is! I still can't beleive i have missed CoP all these years!

I earlier poster made a very good observation in noting that CoP really does'nt get much coverage in the park marketing and other places. I had no clue that there was a ride there like that in Tomorrowland until about 5 years ago...when i learned that it was a AA show, i HAD to see it! But alas...just like "Timekeeper" ( which i have also never had the luck to see yet! Argh!!!!) i always seem to miss it when i go down to the parks. Both attractions are always closed!! It would rip my heart out if the Company ends up slamming these attractions before i have the chance to experience them even ONCE. I guess i have myself to blame.....always going in the "off season"...but not all of us can afford peak season!

Hopefully they will delay the "closure" of CoP this Fall and i will at long last get to witness this spectacular. When i do, i will be glad to post my thoughts on it in full which may be interesting to read coming from a first-timer, CoP "virgin"!
Oh MY GOODNESS!!!! You have to see this attraction! I feel so bad that you have missed it all these years. I wish I could take you by the hand, drag you down there, and give you the chance to enjoy it as much as I have. COP is such a great experience. My daughter is only 4 but has been on it at least 15 times and knows most of the words by heart! I will WILL the ride to be open while you are there. :lookaroun Have a great trip!

astewart

DisneyJoey said:
Looking at Horizonsboy's profile, he is also 11 years old ... so that explains a thing or two, no? :brick: I hought you had to be 13 to even register on any internet forum. :confused:

need to be 13, or have a parents consent

MiklCraw4d

orleans97 said:
On my last trip in Feb '05, Me and a friend of mine, while walking through Tomorrowland.He noticed a circular building in back that he had never remember seeing or riding in the previous times to Disney.Upon hearing this I freaked and made him ride it. Upon completion he today claims this as one of his favorites and won't stop singing the damn song.

Over the last five years I've taken a lot of my friends down to WDW who are all Disney newbs. They all, each and every one, *love* the COP. Without the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia, or even any particular influence from me.

It has as least soothed my fears that I'm just nuts, and that the COP can be loved by newcomers as well as oldschoolers such as myself. I'm also always glad to see the theater fairly full, and lots of others enjoying the ride.

I think the CoP may need a visual 'weenie' to draw people back to that otherwise empty part of Tomorrowland. It's not quite as conspicuous as some of the other attractions.

And hey, the kids seem to like it.

HorizonsBoy must have had consent, He's a WDWMagic Pass Holder.

I admit it scared me when i first saw it but I think it was an honest mistake on his part. I doubt he meant to cause a panic. Prolly he was doing a search for CoP and posted a reply not noticing how old the thread was.

Don't take the comments to heart HorizonsBoy. You meant well i'm sure. :wave:

-DGJ

darthdarrel

DisneyGuyJake said:
HorizonsBoy must have had consent, He's a WDWMagic Pass Holder.

I admit it scared me when i first saw it but I think it was an honest mistake on his part. I doubt he meant to cause a panic. Prolly he was doing a search for CoP and posted a reply not noticing how old the thread was.

Don't take the comments to heart HorizonsBoy. You meant well i'm sure. :wave:

-DGJ
I say we tar and feather him! :lol:
Actually I think it was an honest mistake.
But noone has answered my question yet! :cry:

darthdarrel

General Grizz said:
Yes I did. Search back on page 6. :p
BUt that is not a total answer as I asked if there is a way to find out if COP will be open at a certain time, wether it is open seasonal or not is not what I was looking for :p :lol: :wave:

General Grizz

Original Poster
darthdarrel said:
BUt that is not a total answer as I asked if there is a way to find out if COP will be open at a certain time, wether it is open seasonal or not is not what I was looking for :p :lol: :wave:
Fine, fine, fine. :p As far as I know, we will not know for CERTAIN for a few months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom