NO MORE CoP!? (October 2001)

HinunterZuNich

@$G>?Q#$GH$?QHQ@ :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
@#TRK@LGK@#TK@TK@L:GTK@$L:GK@L"FK

I had the flight booked for Orlando along with some chains and a strong lock. I was planning to attach myself to the attraction :hammer:

Thanks for the scare, LOL!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Well, looks like this thread will be here for a while.

Let's make the most of it. We know how you would feel now if it was closing. So don't just SIT there!!

EASY WAYS TO TAKE ACTION! - Takes a few minutes!

1. Write guest relations!
2. THEN - do not stop! Contact executives, including Bob Iger
3. Be polite and courteous!

Addresses listed here. Spread the word! Tell friends and family to write in. I have articles at D-Troops based on the CoP (it's the current "mission") and they could perhaps prove helpful with additional tips.

--SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THOSE WHO HATE SCROLLING ABOVE--
1. EMAIL:Walt Disney World Guest Communications: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

2. WRITE - Write one solid letter with your passion. Show the benefits of keeping the attraction open if you wish. But most important be polite. You can take that one letter, and address it to different executives. Express your "mind and heart."

Mr. Robert Iger
500 South Buena Vista
Burbank, CA 91521

Mr. Al Weiss
President of Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Mr. James A. (Jay) Rasulo
President of Walt Disney Attractions
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

Mr. Lee Cockerell
Executive VP of WDW Operations
1375 Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Phone: (407) 934-7287

Walt Disney World Guest Communications (unless you emailed)
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Mr. Dave Vermeulen
General Manager of the Magic Kingdom
PO Box 10000
Phone: (407) 824-4040

Mr. Phil Holmes, Vice President
Vice President of the Magic Kingdom
PO Box 10000

Mr. Marty Sklar
President of Walt Disney Imagineering
1401 Flower Street
Glendale, CA 91221
Phone: (818) 544-7251

Mr. Michael Eisner
Chief Executive Officer
Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

Whoa. The General in me sorta popped out.

Pardon me. I was in the moment. :D

Kwit35

That was just wrong! I did write my email Grizz...:) I was polite, but made it clear that this ride is still loved. Long Live COP!

niteobsrvr

disneyprep50321 said:
You know, if Disney can't do anybetter than to close things for "cost-cutting", there is something wrong.

But yet, they can still charge $1,250.00 a night at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Let's not cut costs there to get more people to stay there, then get them into the parks.

I have written a letter to Disney complaining about all of the recent "cost-cutting". It is really sad that the "happiest place on Earth" is turning into "Cost-Cutting Capitol of the World"

:mad: :fork:

Its a mature product. Disney is well aware of the battle they have to get people to come in the droves that will help produce double digit returns on investment that Wall Street expects.

diddy_mouse

dear God this thread scared me to death!!! very cruel to bump something like this. :mad: anywhoo...long live CoP! and i shall write a letter to Guest Communications :D

CRO-Magnum

I think a few small changes...

would go a long way. First, shorten the show. Most people have been on it more than once and the most common complaint I hear is "but it's soooooo long!". With fastpasses and the atari generation bringing our kids, we're more into get in, get it on, get out. Second, advertise the history of the attraction; I mean really get into it with the goal of making a brand. Third, try some merchandising to create some exclusivity. Finally, make the show more dynamic by having two or three scripts for each scene and a randomizer which chooses the combination for each show.

Regardless, to me the biggest problem is front and center on every stage. The story revolves around the progress of appliances per the original sponsor GE. For a major overhaul, let's refocus on measuring progress via technology! What are there, six stages? How about a technology theme where each stage represents a technology: telephone, mobility, aerospace, computer, medicine, and the home. Or, have each stage represent a setting from history where significant technological advancement was made (sponsor it with the History Channel): engineering with the Romans; electronics with Tesla, Edison, and Bell; mobility with Wright Bros, Daimler, Chevrolet, Ford, etc.; computers with the Apollo program; medicine today; innovation in WWII; etc. Show how big a leap was made by providing context.

If they close the attraction it will be because of a lack of imagination.

CRO-Magnum

Cost cutting is what the weak minded do because they can't figure out how to grow the company. However, as the say, nobody ever cut themselves to success. There is always some waste, but you quickly hit the limit of diminishing returns and end up with a negative impact in morale; a bad result in a people driven industry like entertainment. Cost cutting has its place, especially where largess runs rampant like the film studio. However what Disney is doing is putting a new burden on their theme parks beyond the already Herculean expectation of providing a disproportionate percentage of the profit margin compared to operating revenue.

Disney theme parks have always been a cash cow driven by their originality. However as people become more sophisticated and technology provides both other options and lets the competition close the gap, Disney's product is at risk of becoming stale. They are no longer the sole possessor of animated features with real stories and in another generation competing theme parks will be indiscernable from Disney (in no small part to Disney cost reducing their theme parks!). Disney can siphon cash from the theme parks, cash that should be re-invested, to fatten the corporate bottom line but only for so long, and the clock is ticking. They need to overhaul their film studio, rebuild their TV production stable, and finish the job of repairing their networks.

Oh, and Disney needs to fix their Board of Directors and executives or no progress will be made.

Laura

Premium Member
Thrawn said:
Wonderful. Do you have any other news worth of bumping a four year old thread?

Sometimes you just crack me up Thrawn! :lol: This thread was posted 2 months after my almost 4 year old was born! Why on Earth was it bumped up?

Captain Hank

:eek: :eek: AAAAHHHH!!!!! That scared the crap outta me!
:lookaroun
*Whew* Thank goodness it's an old, old (and happily inaccurate) thread. Of all threads to bump up... Grizz can't you go in and change the thread title?

Pongo

Well, maybe we can all learn something from this/maybe it's a sign.

If the rumor of CoP's closing wasn't true then, it probably isn't true now.

Figments Friend

Well i sure hope so!

Of all the times i have been to Disney, i have never ONCE seen this show!! Everytime i have gone, that attraction was closed!

This Spetember i will be at the Parks again...and i hope it won't be too late.

Here's hoping CoP will still be around!

DisneySaint

Bumping this thread was cruel, cruel.
I wish rep points were still around cos I'd be sending a big ball of red your way. :fork: Who even scrolls back that far?

JLW11Hi

Maybe he should have started a new thread....

But then might you all be mad at him for not doing a search on the topic to post in an already existing thread?

If these old threads are unnecessary and shouldn't be posted in, then why even bother to keep them online? Why not just permenently delete them after a year to save on web space? I dunno, just a thought....

CaptainMichael

JLW11Hi said:
Maybe he should have started a new thread....

But then might you all be mad at him for not doing a search on the topic to post in an already existing thread?

That only happens when a similar thread is posted over and over again. This was definitely an unecessary bump that scared the crap out of me!

Oh man, Y'all scared me. I'm going to WDW on Monday and Tuesday and i've never seen CoP. I thought I would never get my chance. Thank goodness its still open.

-DGJ

darthdarrel

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a way to find out wether or not COP will be opening in the first 2 weeks of Ocbober? That is when I will be going again and COP is a must see for me. :D :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom