NO MORE CoP!? (October 2001)

General Grizz

Original Poster
Captain Hank said:
:eek: :eek: AAAAHHHH!!!!! That scared the crap outta me!
:lookaroun
*Whew* Thank goodness it's an old, old (and happily inaccurate) thread. Of all threads to bump up... Grizz can't you go in and change the thread title?
I tried... notice how page one title is different than thread-listing title. :(

Pongo: COP has been "endangered" since 2001. Although the show reopened seasonally in 2001, there had always been ideas circulating in WDI for its replacement.

I HOPE that you are right, but I am suggesting everyone contact Guest Relations and executives just in case (the pursuit of some to close it is there).

no2apprentice

Honestly...

When I saw the thread title and who started it, I thought, "Here we go again. More doom and gloom for CoP." Then I opened the thread and realized it was a FOUR YEAR OLD doom and gloom thread.

It wasn't all that confirmed after all, was it, Grizz? :rolleyes:

wannab@dis

no2apprentice said:
Honestly...

When I saw the thread title and who started it, I thought, "Here we go again. More doom and gloom for CoP." Then I opened the thread and realized it was a FOUR YEAR OLD doom and gloom thread.

It wasn't all that confirmed after all, was it, Grizz? :rolleyes:

Ditto! I had the same impression. :lol:

btw...
old_thread.gif

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
well, i know that nobody will forget the newbies name after that shocker!

what a way to make a splash on the boards........... i think that the only way you could have gotten a bigger reaction would have been to say they were bringing back Horizons......................

tazhughes

CRO-Magnum said:
How about a technology theme where each stage represents a technology: telephone, mobility, aerospace, computer, medicine, and the home. Or, have each stage represent a setting from history where significant technological advancement was made (sponsor it with the History Channel): engineering with the Romans; electronics with Tesla, Edison, and Bell; mobility with Wright Bros, Daimler, Chevrolet, Ford, etc.; computers with the Apollo program; medicine today; innovation in WWII; etc. Show how big a leap was made by providing context.

If they close the attraction it will be because of a lack of imagination.

Isn't this essentially what Spaceship Earth does already.

Number_6

tazhughes said:

SSE is solely the history of communication, not technology in general. CoP is about progress of all types of technology.

orleans97

My Contribution to keeping it open

On my last trip in Feb '05, Me and a friend of mine, while walking through Tomorrowland.He noticed a circular building in back that he had never remember seeing or riding in the previous times to Disney.Upon hearing this I freaked and made him ride it. Upon completion he today claims this as one of his favorites and won't stop singing the damn song.He says it's not right how
they promote buzz and all rides around it but not COP.Which is why I think not many people know about COP.Not that they don't like the ride, they just never have recognized it as one.Promotion is the key, tell people the history of the ride and promote it as one and people will come.Later that day we stood in front telling everyone who passed to ride COP.Some, amazingly had no clue this was a ride.I made one show full, which made me happy.

Expo_Seeker40

Wooo there's nothing like reading this at 6:00 in the morning and making you get so much energy in 5 seconds. :eek:

Yeah lol they should take the Epcot wand...change it to "Carousel of Progress" and slap it infront of the CoP building, that way everyone will no where it is . LOL :lol:

jsfra209

Wait, I'm a little confused.. Is COP closed or not, because the first post states that is not closed.. I hope it's not closed.. I was really looking foward to seeing it next week.. :cry:

thedreamer

There's no humor scarying people about CoP at these times...Or ever for that matter, lol. :lol:

Ironically, I visited WDW for the first time four years ago and CoP was both mine and my brothers favorite ride. :)

astewart

STR8FAN2005 said:
That only happens when a similar thread is posted over and over again. This was definitely an unecessary bump that scared the crap out of me!

I'm pretty sure this thread has been posted over and over and over and over in the last 4 years! and while yes, I wasn't happy to see the subject when I first logged into wdwmagic.com, I'm glad that he took the time to use the search button, becuase like JLW11Hi said, everyone would have just blasted him for not using the search!

CRO-Magnum

Good point, but manageable

tazhughes said:

Spaceship Earth is focused on communications. Would there be some crossover? Necessarily yes. But I think you can treat the same subject from different points of view without it being trite.

dizneeboy

I'll be writing guest relations today and letting them know how my 6 year old nephew saw it for the first time, along with some friends of the family that didn't even know it existed, last year in June and that they all loved it. If they would have shuttered it, there are a handful of people who would have never gotten to experience this piece of history.

I'm glad it was a bumped thread and not an up to date bulletin ; )

Captain Hank

jeanylaser031 said:
i gonna miss cop. now i am crying right now please forgive me about my tears and now the official they will close cop.
Wait! You misunderstood. This was a rumor from 4 years ago. Horizonsboy accidentally unearthed it and opened up a rather large can of worms. As of now, the CoP is open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom