Nibblesandbits Amazingly Wonderful Trip Report Number 3 (Sept. 14-21)

The Pre-Game: (Before we get into the meat and potatoes of this TR! :D)

This trip was absolutely great. My DH (What's His Face as he is commonly known around here-also abbreviated WHF) and I had a wonderful time and even during this last trip we were already talking about going back, since we were offered the Free Dining for next year. We didn't take Disney up on their offer, as we were still mulling where we want to go for our next vacation, but going back to Disney World is definitely in our minds again. (Right now, we are considering Vegas and Disneyland however).

What's His Face and I have been planning this trip for about a year now. I remember hearing about the Halloween parties last year and knowing that I wanted to go when those were going on. I also knew that I wanted to go in Sept. b/c crowds were small and with the hope that Disney would be offering Free Dining. I got my wish on all accounts.

Now, after reflecting on all my trips, I realize I actually learn something new each time. The last trip before this one, I learned not to kill myself by trying to accomplish everything in a short window of time. This time I learned a very different lesson. As a Disney Fanatic, we all try to plan, and plan, and plan our trips. This then skews our expectations on what we believe our trip will then turn out like. (Then we wonder why people come back complaining about what a crummy time they had or problems that occured.) For me, while I do try to plan, I don't over plan...this just works well for me. However, I guess I'd been hyping up this trip for so long in my head, that I was still a little disappointed when things didn't go as I had "planned" in my head. Next trip, I am going to try not to "plan" so hard in my head. (Good luck to me! :ROFLOL: )

Just so you know, I am DEFINITELY NOT complaining about my trip. I did end up having a blast, however, the way I got there was not how I planned and I think that's why I may feel a little sad now. I did a lot of things that were new or different than usual on this trip, including, but not limited to, going to the (very soggy) MNSSHP, going on my first tour (a Segway Tour!), meeting up with a couple of friends for the first time that I've "met" from here, going to Pleasure Island for the first time and falling in love with the Adventurer's Club (Kungaloosh! :D ), getting to eat in restaurants I would have never dreamed I'd be eating in, and seeing attractions that normally, I wouldn't pick to see.

As you can probably tell, this trip was jam packed with action...so let's get down to the fun! (And of course, the pictures!) :sohappy:

Nemo14

Here you go!

party0052.gif

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Guess it's going to be a long night waiting.....:eek:

How much were you drinking on the plane? The picture of the Contemporary and first one of WL are just a little slanted? Or maybe it was just the rough seas.

Waits patiently for next installment....:zipit:

maggiegrace1

Whatever Santa leaves me will be fine! :xmas:
Ho Ho Ho!:xmas::ROFLOL:
Ooh got any Pizza flavor??? :slurp:
Yes I do love..!

How much were you drinking on the plane? The picture of the Contemporary and first one of WL are just a little slanted? Or maybe it was just the rough seas.

:lol:
Amazing what those lil bottles of liquor will do..;)

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
MNSSHP portion of the evening:

We took the boat back to the MK and once we docked, I saw someone working that I recognized! I had been told to be on the lookout for him, but I wasn't really expecting to see him that quickly. It was Michael (Str8fan on the boards). I was all dressed like a pirate for the Halloween party (I'd changed in the bathroom at WL) and felt completely rediculous, but yelled for him nonetheless. I got off the boat, gave him a hug (Yeah...that's right Dana!) and unfortunately forgot to take a picture. (Stupid! I had my camera in my hands I think!) I thought he was busy, apparently he wasn't though, but I said good bye anyway. I had Disney on the brain. So I'm sorry we didn't spend any more time together Michael. :kiss:

We got to the Halloween party 30 minutes before the official opening.

Some of the decorations up for Halloween:

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

As soon as we walked down Street (where they were preforming Dream Along With Mickey) we walked around trying to decide what to do. We stood to the side, looking at the castle for a while. And caught the tail end of DAWM.

Pics:

DSC_0056.jpg

And my favorite from that:

DSC_0059.jpg

Also, we noticed that the Stepsisters were doing a meet and greet. We were going to meet them, but we were in the back and decided we wanted to do some other things. I did catch some pics of them though.

DSC_0060.jpg

From there, we went to Fantasyland. We Rode Pooh, Snow White, and Peter Pan (20 minute wait!! Shortest wait the whole trip!) After that, the heavens broke loose for the night, so we hightailed it to It's a Small World.

Now, I thought that this was just going to be your typical Florida storm...it would rain for a bit and then stop. As many of you know, this would certainly not be the case, as the whole thing ended up being a complete wash out--at least for most people. However, WHF and I were smart. I knew that it was likely to rain during the evening, so I brought an umbrella with me. Smartest idea I could have done. That baby bailed me out many a times during this trip...and tonight would be no exception. While everyone else was hiding for cover, we just sloshed out there and had a grand old time.

So after IASW, we headed over to the brand new and improved HM. I simply couldn't wait any longer. It was killing me! (lol!) I absolutely LOVED it! I think the staircase scene is amazing, the Madam Leota head is so cool--I love how she floats up and down, and the audio was great! I actually didn't think the bride looked as cool as I thought she would, but thought it was much better than what was previously there. Also, the disappearing husbands heads effect never worked during my trip. I actually just thought they were static pictures, until I got back here and learned that they weren't supposed to be.

After that, we attempted to go to every single Candy station possible. Some of them, we even went to multiple times. We have so much candy right now. Unfortunately, b/c of the rain, it is all sticky. (Ew!) From there we were going to ride POTC, since I haven't seen Jack Sparrow yet, but unfortunately, it was broken down. (It was rumored that lightening had hit the building). We then decided to run to Tomorrowland, but realized that the fireworks would be starting soon.

Up next: Soggy fireworks and the NSSHP parade.

tigsmom

*kicks back with some pretzels and waits for the next installment*

So far, so good. Love the pics of the WL. :wave:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster

Um...that's actually the way I take pics now...sometimes. I was using the camera that I use for work (I do photography-B&W photojournalistic style for weddings) and I tend to slant my camera b/c of that. The rest will be normal, I think. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom