Nibblesandbits Amazingly Wonderful Trip Report Number 3 (Sept. 14-21)

The Pre-Game: (Before we get into the meat and potatoes of this TR! :D)

This trip was absolutely great. My DH (What's His Face as he is commonly known around here-also abbreviated WHF) and I had a wonderful time and even during this last trip we were already talking about going back, since we were offered the Free Dining for next year. We didn't take Disney up on their offer, as we were still mulling where we want to go for our next vacation, but going back to Disney World is definitely in our minds again. (Right now, we are considering Vegas and Disneyland however).

What's His Face and I have been planning this trip for about a year now. I remember hearing about the Halloween parties last year and knowing that I wanted to go when those were going on. I also knew that I wanted to go in Sept. b/c crowds were small and with the hope that Disney would be offering Free Dining. I got my wish on all accounts.

Now, after reflecting on all my trips, I realize I actually learn something new each time. The last trip before this one, I learned not to kill myself by trying to accomplish everything in a short window of time. This time I learned a very different lesson. As a Disney Fanatic, we all try to plan, and plan, and plan our trips. This then skews our expectations on what we believe our trip will then turn out like. (Then we wonder why people come back complaining about what a crummy time they had or problems that occured.) For me, while I do try to plan, I don't over plan...this just works well for me. However, I guess I'd been hyping up this trip for so long in my head, that I was still a little disappointed when things didn't go as I had "planned" in my head. Next trip, I am going to try not to "plan" so hard in my head. (Good luck to me! :ROFLOL: )

Just so you know, I am DEFINITELY NOT complaining about my trip. I did end up having a blast, however, the way I got there was not how I planned and I think that's why I may feel a little sad now. I did a lot of things that were new or different than usual on this trip, including, but not limited to, going to the (very soggy) MNSSHP, going on my first tour (a Segway Tour!), meeting up with a couple of friends for the first time that I've "met" from here, going to Pleasure Island for the first time and falling in love with the Adventurer's Club (Kungaloosh! :D ), getting to eat in restaurants I would have never dreamed I'd be eating in, and seeing attractions that normally, I wouldn't pick to see.

As you can probably tell, this trip was jam packed with action...so let's get down to the fun! (And of course, the pictures!) :sohappy:

Nemo14

Bring it on! I'm ready!

party0051.gif

k.hunter30

:lookaroun *takes a handful of Betty's popcorn*
*munches in anticipation*
*looks at watch*
Oh no! Gotta run... :mad: I'll have to check back later. I'll bring a fresh bag of popcorn with lots of extra butter with me!

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Alright the meat and potatoes portion!

Day 1: Friday Sept. 14
Magic Kingdom-MNSSHP

We start our trip with a late morning flight out of St. Louis to Orlando. I did NOT want an early flight b/c I absolutely am not a morning person and I also knew we'd be staying up very late this evening for MNSSHP. So we got to the airport about 9:30 or so for our 11:10 flight. (This was after a VERY short shower in which the water company had turned off our water for the third time that week without any notice! Luckily I had managed to get everything I needed done...I would have been royally ticked off if I had no chance to take a shower that morning what-so-ever.)

At the airport, we breezed through security (sort of) and got to the boarding area in plenty of time. I went and got a bagel for breakfast and we waited. Luckily, our plane arrived and we boarded. We took off just a few minutes late. The good news, the pilot said we'd have some wiggle room in our flight time, so we might actually get in early! This was great news for me. WHF and I had dinner ressies that night for Whispering Canyon Cafe at 5:00 and I wasn't sure we'd make it! It was going to be tight, but I was going to try my hardest to eat there. (I also had dining ressies scheduled for Tony's Town Square for later that night, just in case, but I've already eaten there and didn't think it was all that great, so I was hoping we'd make the other ressies.)

The flight went relatively smooth and while I tried to catch a cat nap on the plane, I simply couldn't. I was way to jazzed up. I was going to Disney World! There's no way you can sleep when you're doing that! Since there was some wiggle room in our flight intierary, we did end up getting in early. This was going way better than I had hoped. We definitely had a chance to make our WCC ressies! We got off the plane and immediately went to the ME area. I was a little nervous about Disney retrieving my luggage, but if I wanted any shot at making dinner, I would have to let them do it. We checked in automatically and were sent off to a bus immediately. Things were simply going my way.

The best sight to see on the ME bus:

100_0673.jpg

We ended up arriving at the hotel (Pop Century) at 3:30. This gave us a half an hour to get checked in and head up to the room to get rid of our carry on luggage. We found out that this time, we were in the 80s section of Pop and ended up getting (after requesting when we arrived) a king bed. The only "downside", we would be in a handicapped room. I was just happy to have the King size bed, I didn't even think about what the handicapped bathroom would entail. Once we got to the room, I found out. It was quite interesting. There is no tub wall. It's kind of like a locker room shower with a bench in it. I ended up getting used to it and actually liked it by the end of our stay.

We unpacked our stuff that we would need for the night, including my costume and a trick or treat bag and hurried our little butts over to the bus for MK. Luckily when we got there, there was a bus waiting to go to MK. (This was looking great!) We got to the Magic Kingdom and hopped on the Ferry to the Wilderness Lodge.

Some Ferry Pics:

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

And my favorite:

DSC_0013.jpg

As soon as we saw WL, WHF fell in love. He asked if we could stay there sometime. I said maybe, we'd have to see, but that it was pricey for us. It really is a beautiful resort though!

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

I worried, since I'd never been to WL that I would have trouble finding the restaurant, but we found it with no problems. I thought our dinner was absolutely amazing. We had the all you can eat skillet and I absolutely loved the chicken, the corn was delicious, and the shrimp has amazing seasoning on it. The mashed potatoes were good, however, not so great were the ribs (those are not St. Louis style ribs! :fork: ) and the baked beans. I found the salad to be ok. But I'm not a really big salad eater to begin with.

Up next, since this is apparently going to turn into a Vince style novel!, is MNSSHP--the water ride...:lookaroun

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
*mutters*

Bunny gave birth faster than this.....:rolleyes:
:ROFLOL:

Hey!!! :fork:

I've got a lot to say!!! It's been almost two years since I've been...I want to make this good so in 2 years, I can remember this trip perfectly! (And not have to go...hmm...I sort of remember doing that...:lol: )

maggiegrace1

:king:
*mutters*

Bunny gave birth faster than this.....:rolleyes:

Hey!!! :fork:

I've got a lot to say!!! It's been almost two years since I've been...I want to make this good so in 2 years, I can remember this trip perfectly! (And not have to go...hmm...I sort of remember doing that...:lol: )
If you would quit responding to us you could go faster..."_

Great report and pics so far:kiss: love..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom