NextGen / FP+ / Magic Band. The official truth starts to appear

juniorthomas

is it over-sharing if I tell you guys that this system is referred to internally as "Tag and Release" ? :)

Orson-welles-clapping.gif

RSoxNo1

You have to realize that a lot of people are going to absolutely love MyMagic+.
For most of these people, a $10 subscription to TouringPlans under the old system would have been far more effective.

Meanwhile, I just posted the following in the Disney Parks Blog post:
Veteran Fastpass uses would often use more than 4 Fastpasses per day at the Magic Kingdom, or be able to acquire multiple fastpasses for the same attraction on any given day in the other parks. It doesn’t seem like this is possible under the new system.

More importantly, will people that are unwilling or unable to plan which ride times they want in advance be at a disadvantage? There is alaready a shortage of things like Toy Story Mania and Soarin’ Fastpasses under the current system, will this be a greater problem under MyMagic+ and Fastpass+?

Jeffxz

I cannot find a link to this but it was on Click Orlando channel 6 news this morning. It mentions that the bands will have a way to let you know when there is little to no wait times on favorite rides.

I have not seen any mention of this anywhere else. Any one know more about this?

The mobile applications will be able to notify you with push notifications when you are near an attraction that has low wait times. The braclets themselves will allow disney to know approimately where you are at in the parks. The bracelet alone won't be able to notify you of anything.

SirLink

So the sky isn't falling like the Chicken Littles in this thread would want us to think? You can opt out, it's not an add on charge...

You can opt out of a new service to get something taken away from you in the process which used to be available to all guests customers inventory.

There has been enough internal discussion over the years that they'll eventually creep you to having it as an add on to your MYW tickets ... international inventory it may only be in a separate new ticket...

There is enough bad stuff and the the gatekeepers of said info ... I don't trust the House of the Mouse

IWant2GoNow

3. How much does 'MyMagic+' cost?- The system will be available at no additional cost. The basic MagicBand RFID bracelet can be upgraded to a customized band, such as a Princess band, for an additional fee. This is only a cosmetic change however, and does impact the actual experience.

Steve, am I understanding the last sentence correctly here? It will change the experience depending on if you upgrade to the character band? Or is this strictly cosmetic only?

IWant2GoNow

So the sky isn't falling like the Chicken Littles in this thread would want us to think? You can opt out, it's not an add on charge...

It seems you can opt out, yes. However, you're no longer able to use FP if you do so. So I guess those who wish to opt out can enjoy artificially inflated stand-by queues. Good thing they put a lot of money into interactive elements & not more rides to spread out capacity more.

Disney will have effectively created a new "attraction" to thin out capacity. It's called, Waiting in Line Longer: The Ride.

I'm not on board with this really, but I still want to see what happens with it. Luckily if I plan a trip at all, it'll be in Oct. of 2014 & I'll know by then whether I should dedicate a few days to WDW or just strictly stick to UO & SW. Maybe even LegoLand.

Enderikari

Not at WDI's inflated prices. But any other company in the industry could easily afford an entire park with that much money.

Yes, if you want to build a small park with no theming and a couple of off-the-shelf coasters in the middle of Wyoming, by all means, spend your 2 billion dollars making a park.
However, if Disney were to build a park for 2 billion, the backlash on these boards would be epic!

BigThunderMatt

Yes, if you want to build a small park with no theming and a couple of off-the-shelf coasters in the middle of Wyoming, by all means, spend your 2 billion dollars making a park.
However, if Disney were to build a park for 2 billion, the backlash on these boards would be epic!

Magic Kingdom cost $400M to build. In 2012 dollars that's roughly $2.2B.
EPCOT Center cost $1.4B to build. That's $3.3B today.
Disney-MGM Studios cost $500M to build. That's $928M today.
Disney's Animal Kingdom cost roughly $1B to build. It would cost about the same to build today.

So your logic is flawed. If $2 billion could buy a Magic Kingdom size park TODAY, $2 billion could easily build a brand new park for any other company but Disney that would rival a Disney park in both size and scope.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Let's not insult the MBA's by placing them with WDW execs :lol. Seems more like CPA or Accounting. MBA is "suppose" to be more strategic thinking and not counting every penny. Yes some CPA/Accounting degrees become MBA but so do other degress that aren't bean counters.

So all CPAs are unfit to run companies? Interesting observation. :rolleyes:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3. How much does 'MyMagic+' cost?- The system will be available at no additional cost. The basic MagicBand RFID bracelet can be upgraded to a customized band, such as a Princess band, for an additional fee. This is only a cosmetic change however, and does impact the actual experience.

Steve, am I understanding the last sentence correctly here? It will change the experience depending on if you upgrade to the character band? Or is this strictly cosmetic only?
Typo, my apologies. It should read This is only a cosmetic change however, and does NOT impact the actual experience.

captainkidd

I haven't read through the entire thread, but my question is, do we have to do things this way, or can we still do things like use cash in the parks? I don't want to leave my CC info and just charge things as I go along.

IWant2GoNow

Typo, my apologies. It should read This is only a cosmetic change however, and does NOT impact the actual experience.

No problem at all. I figured it was but didn't want to be rude when pointing it out. Thanks for the info as usual!

PS- Love this whole new layout & all the changes! MUCH easier to navigate & find where I left off in a thread. Any chance of getting the old smileys back? Haha.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
No problem at all. I figured it was but didn't want to be rude when pointing it out. Thanks for the info as usual!

PS- Love this whole new layout & all the changes! MUCH easier to navigate & find where I left off in a thread. Any chance of getting the old smileys back? Haha.

It was a pretty significant typo - so glad to see it pointed out!

Glad you like the new site! and sorry it's a no on the smilies.

gldc

So, will we be able to use normal fastpass tickets? Reason I'm asking is because I'll be working at WDW in the summer therefore my family will get complimentary tickets...(maybe paper tickets?) how will they book fastpass+ experiences on the day itself? surely theyll all be sold out...will they just be unable to use FP? or will they still be able to get paper fastpasses?

Anyone that can help?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom