NextGen / FP+ / Magic Band. The official truth starts to appear

BigThunderMatt

So, will we be able to use normal fastpass tickets? Reason I'm asking is because I'll be working at WDW in the summer therefore my family will get complimentary tickets...(maybe paper tickets?) how will they book fastpass+ experiences on the day itself? surely theyll all be sold out...will they just be unable to use FP? or will they still be able to get paper fastpasses?

Anyone that can help?

Regular FastPass will be phased out.

gldc

Regular FastPass will be phased out.

Wow, I imagine it'll be impossible to ever get ride reservations on the day itself then if people are planning months in advance! That also means as cast members we'll not have a fp+ option....that is unless disney comes up with something different.

tracyandalex

Another question that we have is will we be able to the traditional room key cards? We have APs and presumably will get the wristbands to replace the paper APs. Since we stay on-site for 97% of our trips (one main reason WDW makes plenty of $$ off of us even though we are lowly AP Florida residents) we don't want to have to carry 2 wristbands each!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Another question that we have is will we be able to the traditional room key cards? We have APs and presumably will get the wristbands to replace the paper APs. Since we stay on-site for 97% of our trips (one main reason WDW makes plenty of $$ off of us even though we are lowly AP Florida residents) we don't want to have to carry 2 wristbands each!
They can assign multiple tickets to a wrist band, so your AP and resort stay will be on the same band.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We generally have about 3-4 resort stays per year, so the info on my AP wristband will theoretically be updated ever time to have my new trip info?
The band itself doesn't contain any info, just an identifier for you. So when you make a booking, it will know you are an AP and also have a resort stay. The beauty of the system is that it ties EVERYTHING together, no more separate tickets.

ctxak98

....so...My family only goes once a year and we do not stay on disney grounds because expenses are too high! will I be able to still purchase FP+? and how much does that cost??? this is getting ridiculous. Because we dont go very often we like to get in as much as possible so for some ride FP is the way we ended up going. This will ruin everything. HELLO DISNEYLAND!!!

ThemeParks4Life

....so...My family only goes once a year and we do not stay on disney grounds because expenses are too high! will I be able to still purchase FP+? and how much does that cost??? this is getting ridiculous. Because we dont go very often we like to get in as much as possible so for some ride FP is the way we ended up going. This will ruin everything. HELLO DISNEYLAND!!!

FP+ is free.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Fastpass+ will be part of whatever ticket you decide to buy - 1 day, 4 day, AP etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom