News and observations from the past month

novawildcat18

I think y'all are assuming that it's easy and simple to just move a ride like IASW. That ride is huge and would take a lot of time, effort, and money to move. I just don't think it would be cost-effective. Not only would they have to pay for deconstruction and then reconstruction, but they would need to replace IASW with something at some point.

Tom

Beta Return
I think y'all are assuming that it's easy and simple to just move a ride like IASW. That ride is huge and would take a lot of time, effort, and money to move. I just don't think it would be cost-effective. Not only would they have to pay for deconstruction and then reconstruction, but they would need to replace IASW with something at some point.

The entire IASW building is constructed like the opening set in the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. It's on giant semi-trailer wheels and you can just drive it to its new location with a remote control.

BobConnor

I also have to wonder - Would it be possible to unbolt and maybe even roll and reconstruct the Carosel of Progress to Epcot? That way, if Disney has to expand Magic Kingdom again they don't need any additional land.

Bairstow

I also have to wonder - Would it be possible to unbolt and maybe even roll and reconstruct the Carosel of Progress to Epcot? That way, if Disney has to expand Magic Kingdom again they don't need any additional land.

Considering how unpopular the attraction is, I can't see Disney ever spending the money to do such a thing.
It's no small miracle that they haven't demolished it at its current location already.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The entire IASW building is constructed like the opening set in the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. It's on giant semi-trailer wheels and you can just drive it to its new location with a remote control.
That's amazing! How often do they change the tires?

Goofyernmost

Considering how unpopular the attraction is, I can't see Disney ever spending the money to do such a thing.
It's no small miracle that they haven't demolished it at its current location already.
Where do you get the idea that it is unpopular? You don't like it I take it! You're correct about it not being demolished, but it was major amount of fan protest that stopped it from being taken to the trash bin. They have been trying to get rid of it for years.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I've seen them move it. Back in 87 they were having an event and the area where IaSW usually sits was used for picnicking and whatnot. The ride was moved so close to HM that many thought it was one attraction. Talk about jarring to the thematically sensitive!

Goofyernmost

I've seen them move it. Back in 87 they were having an event and the area where IaSW usually sits was used for picnicking and whatnot. The ride was moved so close to HM that many thought it was one attraction. Talk about jarring to the thematically sensitive!
You keep talking like that George and they are going to permanently put you away! (assuming you haven't been already) ;)

Tom

Beta Return

I was there for that! Of course, I was 7, so my mind was blown....plus a little of the magic was ruined with the temporary merging of the rides.

doctornick

CoP was moved across the country from DL to WDW, so yeah it's possible.

Of course, if they are going to the trouble of moving an attraction out of Tomorrowland, why not displace the one that makes the least sense and move Laugh Floor to the (empty) Premier Theater in DHS?

Last edited:

doctornick

Well, I think I'm the one who came up with the idea. My suggestion was building a brand new ride in WS to house IASW and then using the IASW space in FL for a Tangled boat ride.

The main cost would be building the new ride show building in FW (the figures and scenes would be moved from MK, which wouldn't be that expensive) and then adding new show scenes/figures for the Tangled ride in MK. The reason why I think it makes sense is that it puts IASW in a better thematic location, adds a much needed ride to Epcot at a relatively affordable cost -- I doubt you'd be able to build a ride that would be as popular for the same money -- and tightens up the theming in FL including giving Tangled a stronger presence right next to the recent bathroom addition.

It's sort of two rides for the price of one. Would it happen? No, don't think so, but it's certainly in the range of "conceivable" unlike some blue sky stuff that's talked about here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom