News and observations from the past month

The Empress Lilly

The entire IASW building is constructed like the opening set in the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. It's on giant semi-trailer wheels and you can just drive it to its new location with a remote control.
I've got this old book I bought in the 80s, 'The Wonder Of Walt Disney World'. It had some pictures of when they moved Small World from New York to Disneyland, and then to WDW. Let me see if I can scan them.

doctornick

I've got this old book I bought in the 80s, 'The Wonder Of Walt Disney World'. It had some pictures of when they moved Small World from New York to Disneyland, and then to WDW. Let me see if I can scan them.

??? While I am aware that they moved IASW from the World's Fair to California in DL, didn't they simply copy IASW in WDW? As far as I know, the IASW attraction in DL is the original.

Edit: I think you are confusing IASW with CoP. CoP did go from NY to California to Florida.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

??? While I am aware that they moved IASW from the World's Fair to California in DL, didn't they simply copy IASW in WDW? As far as I know, the one in DL is the original.
I don't think so. The building was probably never moved, just recreated in both places but the inner works, as far as I know, are the original. That's the scenes and AA's. Everything else in WDW..building and theater were rebuilt in Florida.
I would think they would do it all at once so they wouldn't spill the water....but then again that's why I'm not a cast member.
Wait...I thought we were talking about CoP. What water would we be talking about, the catch pan under the icebox, the water in the sink or the bucket to prime the pump or was there some water in the sink in the kitchen scene to put out the fire in the talking oven.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Wait...I thought we were talking about CoP. What water would we be talking about, the catch pan under the icebox, the water in the sink or the bucket to prime the pump or was there some water in the sink in the kitchen scene to put out the fire in the talking oven.

The conversation twists are fast and furious around here...this is the quote we were discussing:
The entire IASW building is constructed like the opening set in the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. It's on giant semi-trailer wheels and you can just drive it to its new location with a remote control.

lazyboy97o

Food for thought. Thank you for that. It IS interesting that you would never see ANYTHING like Pepe Le Pew in today's children's animation. We think of ourselves as liberated and enlightened, but how much of that perception is actually a mask for an intolerance of non-politically correct humor? I can't help but think that perhaps we have lost something if we can't laugh a little at such things.
Intolerance of intolerance is still intolerance.

The Empress Lilly

Intolerance of intolerance is still intolerance.
I think that uses the word intolerance in different meanings, freely interchanging two meanings.

Intolerance as 'refusal to respect contrary opinion' (I1). Intolerance as 'sustaining prejudice' (I2). Your sentence reads as 'Intolerance (I1) of intolerance (I1) is still intolerance (I1). I1 = I1 = I1. Which is true. But it is often applied when the subject is I1 = I2 = I1, or even I1 = I2 = I2, which are different, and not true.

BobConnor

Food for thought. Thank you for that. It IS interesting that you would never see ANYTHING like Pepe Le Pew in today's children's animation.
But we do have something like Pepe Le Pew at Disney, Figment lets out a big stink in the smell lab!

Cesar R M

I think that uses the word intolerance in different meanings, freely interchanging two meanings.

Intolerance as 'refusal to respect contrary opinion' (I1). Intolerance as 'sustaining prejudice' (I2). Your sentence reads as 'Intolerance (I1) of intolerance (I1) is still intolerance (I1). I1 = I1 = I1. Which is true. But it is often applied when the subject is I1 = I2 = I1, or even I1 = I2 = I2, which are different, and not true.
so to resume.. TWO WRONGS dont make it a right?.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom