New Year's Eve Announcement?

Lee

Adventurer
Hi, my name is Hakuna........(Hi Hakunaaaaaaaaaa)

I have been reminded recently by some that I consider good online friends that I should not simply assume that others don't like Disney because they have positions that differ than mine. I have fallen trap to taking offense to a posting style in conjunction with a point of view about a certain topic and allowing that to muddle my opinion about the poster, when I don't know those individuals outside of this forum. I really don't think there is any here that truly hate Disney in the true sense of the word. I think there are those that may hate certain things that Disney does, as I recently have been experiencing a few of those instances myself.

So in the Spirit of trying to bring a bit of civility back to the conversation, I offer my shortcomings up as evidence that even a longtime member of the board can be wrong and my commitment to focus on what we are all here to do and discuss Disney and all things Disney related.

That's a fine post, right there.:wave:

Buried20KLeague

is the 20K leagues under the sea like the original from back in the day at MK and DL?

No. It's a weird plot line including alien type things that live under water. Sort of weird, but I didn't care... I was just happy to be on a 20k sub ride again.

And technically DL didn't have a 20k leagues ride. It was just the Submarine Voyage without themed nautilus subs.

And a friendly tip from someone that's been around here for a long time... You're coming off lookin like you have a death wish... Like you're pushing on purpose to get the axe. If you are, that's fine... You'll probably get there. I don't understand it, but who am I to judge.

But if you're actually trying to stick around here long term and be a contributing member to discussion, you're going to have to change your approach. The course you're on will get you wacked, whether you think it's justified or not.

Just an FYI. You should tone it down a bit and stick around... You can learn a lot here. Like about tokyo's 20k league ride, for example. :cool:

bullsforthewin

No. It's a weird plot line including alien type things that live under water. Sort of weird, but I didn't care... I was just happy to be on a 20k sub ride again.

And technically DL didn't have a 20k leagues ride. It was just the Submarine Voyage without themed nautilus subs.

And a friendly tip from someone that's been around here for a long time... You're coming off lookin like you have a death wish... Like you're pushing on purpose to get the axe. If you are, that's fine... You'll probably get there. I don't understand it, but who am I to judge.

But if you're actually trying to stick around here long term and be a contributing member to discussion, you're going to have to change your approach. The course you're on will get you wacked, whether you think it's justified or not.

Just an FYI. You should tone it down a bit and stick around... You can learn a lot here. Like about tokyo's 20k league ride, for example. :cool:

Thank you for your help. The one poster got me frustrated since i have issues with liars but i am over it. Thank you for the info about the ride. I have heard some not so flattering things about TDL but i really want to go there. My friend who visited was in a frustrated state that may have clouded his judgement so i want to take him back for his birthday and i want to go on the 20k ride now lol

Buried20KLeague

Thank you for your help. The one poster got me frustrated since i have issues with liars but i am over it. Thank you for the info about the ride. I have heard some not so flattering things about TDL but i really want to go there. My friend who visited was in a frustrated state that may have clouded his judgement so i want to take him back for his birthday and i want to go on the 20k ride now lol

Tokyo has the best two Disney parks on the planet, in my opinion... And I've been to all of them. I can't fathom anyone stepping foot inside Disney Sea and not being amazed, regardless of mood. It's the top park in the world, and the people are wonderful.

bullsforthewin

Tokyo has the best two Disney parks on the planet, in my opinion... And I've been to all of them. I can't fathom anyone stepping foot inside Disney Sea and not being amazed, regardless of mood. It's the top park in the world, and the people are wonderful.

He was bitter because of a fight he had with his girl, which i just found out, so he sulking the entire time at the park, i wanted to slap him thru the phone lol

The Mom

Premium Member
Once again, I'm stepping in to warn you everyone to behave. But if I find another thread going downhill because of one poster, and others reactions to that poster, I will start banning people - beginning with the poster who is instigating the arguments, followed by those who refuse to take the high road and just let it be. This is your last warning.

NoChesterHester

Please stop calling people liars. Please stop calling people haters that don't blow sunshine up the rear of Disney Executives. Please dont flat tell people they are "wrong," just state your case of why you disagree.

It is message board ettique to not single out long time members with attacks. There are a lot of very connected members on here, you dont want to alienate them. I have only been a formal member for a couple years, but I "lurked" for a couple years previous just to learn the insiders, the culture, and the various members before I started posting.

Just trying to help.

redshoesrock

Just wanted to pop in and say how confused I am that people would be upset that the Disney Christmas Parade is a "two hour informercial". Was there sometime when it wasn't? Because the Disney Christmas Parade I've watched for years and years has *always* been one long informercial for the Disney parks - heck, that was why I watched it! Before the Internet and sites like this, that was a great way to see what was new at WDW (I can still remember the late Jim Varney as his character "Ernest P. Worrell" debuting Splash Mountain). And let's not forget that this idea isn't something that just came out of the blue - Disney's been doing it for decades. The original "Disneyland" television show hosted by Walt was an entire SERIES that was one long informercial for the new Disneyland park - a common complaint by critics of the time. So where the sturm und drang is coming from, beats me.

Pioneer Hall

Hi, my name is Hakuna........(Hi Hakunaaaaaaaaaa)

I have been reminded recently by some that I consider good online friends that I should not simply assume that others don't like Disney because they have positions that differ than mine. I have fallen trap to taking offense to a posting style in conjunction with a point of view about a certain topic and allowing that to muddle my opinion about the poster, when I don't know those individuals outside of this forum. I really don't think there is any here that truly hate Disney in the true sense of the word. I think there are those that may hate certain things that Disney does, as I recently have been experiencing a few of those instances myself.

So in the Spirit of trying to bring a bit of civility back to the conversation, I offer my shortcomings up as evidence that even a longtime member of the board can be wrong and my commitment to focus on what we are all here to do and discuss Disney and all things Disney related.

I thought they said there were going to be sugar cookies at this meeting...now I'm annoyed.

In all honesty though, I am going to echo The Mom's message. We both gave warnings yesterday and things on both sides of the aisle haven't calmed down it seems. Banning people isn't fun and none of us ever want to do it, so please don't give us a reason to.

_Scar

I didn't read the thread, but I think I heard the announcement is something like a party on leap year? Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Once again, I'm stepping in to warn you everyone to behave. But if I find another thread going downhill because of one poster, and others reactions to that poster, I will start banning people - beginning with the poster who is instigating the arguments, followed by those who refuse to take the high road and just let it be. This is your last warning.
Thank you!

And thanks to a few peeps who said some nice things earlier :wave:

Just wanted to pop in and say how confused I am that people would be upset that the Disney Christmas Parade is a "two hour informercial". Was there sometime when it wasn't?

No, there wasn't a time. Indeed, these kind of shows have to walk the line and entertain whilst laying on the pixie dust and showing what a great place it is. Otherwise they can be classed as a true commercial and need to pay advertising rates not to mention fall foul of the FAA (in the US)

What seems to irritate a lot of people is the lack of actual parade coverage. The show tried to be hip and edgy but was a mess of jump cuts, cheesy pre scripted moments, inane annoying voiceovers and wannabe host coverage, predictable crane swoops over static floats, and far too much pop show singing that bad nothing to do with a parade.

Yes, Disney have always laid on the saccharine with tv shows - Solomo hugging shots, smiling guests and the like, but watch older parade broadcasts and that's what the product concentrated on. The actual parade. This years edit tried to be the jack of all trades but was the master of none.

Brian Noble

I think this promo does what it is intended to do. The events themselves are not the point. Getting people to visits that web site every day to enter for the next sixty is the point---because it is the next sixty days when a lot of people are planning spring travel, and the early birds are thinking about summer plans.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I didn't read the thread, but I think I heard the announcement is something like a party on leap year? Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

The announcement was that both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom will be open twenty-four hours on Leap Day, Feb. 29th.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/317102

There were actually three things announced:
  • MK and DL will be open from 6AM 29 Feb to 6AM 1 March.
  • There is a package offer that if you buy 3-day/3-night package you get a 4th day/night free, only during a two-week period around Leap Day.
  • There is a 60-day sweepstakes that started yesterday for daily draws to win a vacation to either coast's parks [you choose between Cali or FLA if you win]. http://disney.go.com/memories/
People seem hung up on the first announcement instead of all three. IMO the first two are cutsie throw-aways, the sweepstakes is the "big" announcement.

pintraderpayee

I thought this thread was supposed to be what we thought of the New Year's Eve announcement?!?:shrug: Maybe it's the teacher in me talking, but warnings aren't usually issued willy-nilly by the mods on this site....just an observation:animwink:

I personally like the 60 free WDW or DL trips giveaway. Granted, the chances of winning are slim, but someone has to! I noticed that the winners will also receive a $1000 Disney gift card, choice of free PhotoPass CD, spa treatment etc. and airfare if residence is more than 250 miles away. I will be entering until Feb. 20th when I will have to stop because DD will sign her employment papers with Disney for the CP! :sohappy:

I like the idea of MK being open 24 hours. I thought more individuals posting would look at it as a 24 challenge. I think it would be fun to try to make it the entire 24 hours:shrug:. It seems I am in the minority. As for the contest I will be entering every day (fingers crossed).

bullsforthewin

I like the idea of MK being open 24 hours. I thought more individuals posting would look at it as a 24 challenge. I think it would be fun to try to make it the entire 24 hours:shrug:. It seems I am in the minority. As for the contest I will be entering every day (fingers crossed).

It would be interesting to see if anyone can be in the park for the full 24 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom