New Year's Eve Announcement?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
They had better be prepared to feed people overnight. The temps will be low. The sleep deprived loonies, like me (hopefully), will be fighting to stay awake. All of those folks are going to need some "real" food to keep them tanked up and going through the wee smalls.

As for the 40th, don't even get me started. :fork:

At best, I bet it's Cosmic Rays and Casey's.

This whole 24 hour thing is going to cost Disney a bundle because it's not a special ticketed event. I bet after a certain time it's going to be very limited food, retail, and attractions.

Pioneer Hall

At best, I bet it's Cosmic Rays and Casey's.

This whole 24 hour thing is going to cost Disney a bundle because it's not a special ticketed event. I bet after a certain time it's going to be very limited food, retail, and attractions.

I really do hope they have something open other than the bakery or ODV carts. While I won't want a big meal during the middle of the night (since it seems like I will be there) something more substantial than a cookie might be necessary.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'm really starting to get the sense they didn't think this through very well (from an operations standpoint) before they announced this.

Scuttle

I'm really starting to get the sense they didn't think this through very well (from an operations standpoint) before they announced this.

Ya it could very well be a disaster. I think DL will be fine, but WDW with all the transportation issues could be a mess.

TP2000

I think both customers and employees appreciate being spoken to like a person. For some reason, however, corporations and large organizations often seem to go out of their way to make everything seems so contrived and ridiculous.

My God, thank you for that!

Disney is just really bad at this. The Disney Parks Blog is the worst, full of ridiculously perky women with hyphenated names who speak to their adult customers as if they were telling kindergartners that it's time to take off their hats and gloves and get ready for snack time. :hammer:

It almost makes me glad to hear that Disney executives, and relatively normal ones like Tom Staggs at that, get their thoughts wordsmithed and packaged by Marketeers into blabbering oblivion and then sent out to adult Cast Members.

If Disney's "Guests" have to be talked down to like a 6 year old, then the CM's should be talked down to as well. Somehow it's nice to know we're all in this same boat of misery and condesending behavior together.

The sad thing is, there are too many people in Burbank and corporate suites in Orlando and Anaheim that actually think this type of communication is working. As if we all can't see right through it, and we're too stupid to know that it's forced and fake and insulting. :rolleyes:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ya it could very well be a disaster. I think DL will be fine, but WDW with all the transportation issues could be a mess.
DL could be worse. All their rides are by law required to have a minimum check over before opening. 2 hours isn't enough.

Scuttle

DL could be worse. All their rides are by law required to have a minimum check over before opening. 2 hours isn't enough.

Ya true. I just think the entire transportation system at WDW could be a mess. I'm hoping for the best since I'll be there.

Mouse Detective

Ya true. I just think the entire transportation system at WDW could be a mess.

When they have Extra Magic Hours they know how many guests are in their hotels and they can estimate by history how many will be taking part in it. With the February 29 - March 1 event, there is basically an unlimited number of people who can participate (up to park capacity) and they know now it will be far more than any EMH.

So I would expect a limited number of attractions open at 6am on the 29th with more and more coming on line as the normal opening time approaches. After the normal closing time that night I would expect most everything to remain open until at least midnight if not later and then some reductions later on as things get late and they see how many people are still roaming around. If a huge crowd remains I really think most rides will remain open all night, except for anything that absolutely must be shut down for required nightly maintenance. I think at least the main Disney store will remain open all night and several restaurants. A lot will depend on the weather the night of the 29th. If it gets as cold as it did this past week there will fewer of us fools out there. But if it's as nice as New Years Eve was, there could be a large crowd staying the night. Transportation the night of the 29th will be basic bus service after 1am or so.

Of course I'm guessing here but I expect Disney will be putting in a good faith effort to deliver a quality (maybe even magical) experience to everyone.

IlikeDW

The marketing team missed again, has anyone noticed the Vanessa Williams video on the one more Disney day contest entry site? Where she says if she had one more Disney Day she would spend it at the SPA @ the Grand Floridian. Why would you promote the SPA since it is closed for enhancements from September 19, 2011 to early 2013 ???

COProgressFan

The marketing team missed again, has anyone noticed the Vanessa Williams video on the one more Disney day contest entry site? Where she says if she had one more Disney Day she would spend it at the SPA @ the Grand Floridian. Why would you promote the SPA since it is closed for enhancements from September 19, 2011 to early 2013 ???

The marketing team regularly makes amateur mistakes like this all the time. They seem have very little knowledge of the actual resort that they claim to be promoting/selling.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I've been told full transportation will be running the entire time, express/resort rails, ferries, all other boat routes and of course buses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom