New Walt Disney World Magazine

Disneykidder

Orlando Attractions is pretty good but a quick read for me. I can read it in one short sitting and be done with it. They do showcase a lot of Disney, so it's cool. It gives me a lil fix but still does nto compare to the original Disney Magazing.

I am eagerly awaiting my new mag to come. I put in my subscription quite a while ago.

devoy1701

Orlando Attractions is pretty good but a quick read for me. I can read it in one short sitting and be done with it. They do showcase a lot of Disney, so it's cool. It gives me a lil fix but still does nto compare to the original Disney Magazing.

I am eagerly awaiting my new mag to come. I put in my subscription quite a while ago.

:brick:

October is halfway over...and still no mag! :veryconfu

EDIT: just checked on another site I'm part of...a friend of mine emailed Celebrations press yesterday and this is the response she got from them...I just wanted to share with you guys:

Yes, you're right, everyone is anxious (including myself!!).
I'm happy to say that the first issue at the printers (we had to take an extra week or two to make sure everything was just right), and will be mailing out in just a few days, so the first issue should be in your hands in a week or so. Thanks for your patience, and I do hope you enjoy it...! :)

Thanks for writing and take care!
Tim Foster
Guide to the Magic/Celebrations Magazine

yankspy

:brick:

October is halfway over...and still no mag! :veryconfu

EDIT: just checked on another site I'm part of...a friend of mine emailed Celebrations press yesterday and this is the response she got from them...I just wanted to share with you guys:

Yes, you're right, everyone is anxious (including myself!!).
I'm happy to say that the first issue at the printers (we had to take an extra week or two to make sure everything was just right), and will be mailing out in just a few days, so the first issue should be in your hands in a week or so. Thanks for your patience, and I do hope you enjoy it...! :)

Thanks for writing and take care!
Tim Foster
Guide to the Magic/Celebrations Magazine
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

DivineMadness7

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I wouldn't get too excited. Even though I didn't subscribe, I've been following this soap opera. They seem to keep saying "oh, yeah, next week! definitely....:lookaroun"

Not saying it won't happen, but I'm always a glass-half-empty-kinda-girl. It might be good to have some cautious optimism, though.

sbkline

I wouldn't get too excited. Even though I didn't subscribe, I've been following this soap opera. They seem to keep saying "oh, yeah, next week! definitely....:lookaroun"

Not saying it won't happen, but I'm always a glass-half-empty-kinda-girl. It might be good to have some cautious optimism, though.

To be fair, though, that email does seem to be consistent with the other email replies that other posters have shared here. One person a few weeks ago emailed and was told that it was about to go to the printers. Then another one emailed later and was told that it had been sent to the printers, now this person emailed and was told that it was about done at the printers and to be mailed out in a few days. So the email replies sent by the company to the various posters here who have inquired all seem to "fit" with each other and the timing in which the inquiries were sent.

While I'm glad to see that it's almost ready to be mailed out, the thing that bums me out every time I see one of those emails is that it bursts my bubble for being able to hope to see it in my mailbox the next day. :lol:

I work at a printshop and I am wondering "WHY" so long at the printers. If it was ready it should have only taken a a week tops after them getting the files. They would proof it and the press run should be one day! I am begining to question the time!:eek:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
if I wasn't using my phone for this I'd email him and say what printing company are you using then call them and ask if they are printing them.

disneytopdog

I am with you on that SBKLINE. When ever this thread pops up. I think "ALL RIGHT SOMEONE GOT THEIR FIRST ISSUE" but then get bummed....but not giving up hope I will have a copy in my hands before Halloween!

devoy1701

if I wasn't using my phone for this I'd email him and say what printing company are you using then call them and ask if they are printing them.

you have to remember that this is a brand new magazine that is probably using a small print company...they aren't planning to release nationally on news stands, nor are they planning on being in select book stores yet. For awhile this magazine is just going to be mail order. Growth takes time! If they are successful and are able to expand their base, they'll probably look for a print company that meets their new needs. Not to mention this is the VERY FIRST issue and they want it to be PERFECT! the long wait hasn't been because it's been at the printers all this time, it's been because they've been adding and refining it. If it DOES become a success...they probably won't be spending so much extra time planning the future issues as they have with this one because they will know whatever they can't fit in this issue they can always fit into the next one. They can't take that chance right now because if the first issue isn't perfect we're all going to come on this site and our other fan sites and say "Man, this mag blows! What a waste of money!" :lookaroun

When I first emailed the editor, he said they do hope to eventually make this a monthly publication...so hopefully the first issue will warrant that!

mickeymouse090

I'm like everyone else, waiting anxiously for the first edition to be delivered. I subscribed a couple of weeks ago & can't wait to see how it looks! :sohappy:

kbmum

They've updated the website and no longer have the pre-publication subscription rate of $24.99. People can order a back issue of the first magazine (but I'd suggest waiting until those of us with subscriptions receive our copies). The cover of the holiday issue looks gorgeous!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom