New Test Track ride vehicle debuts

RSoxNo1

Are the maintenance issues with test track routed in the vehicles, the track, the sensors or a combination of everything?

WDWFREAK53

It's tough to tell by the pictures...

Is the Chevy bowtie molded into the front fascia or is it just a vinyl application onto the bumper?

If it's actually molded...they will all be "Chevys" but if it's just a vinyl piece they could be adding different badges within the GM family. (Blue is Chevy, red is Buick, white is Cadillac)

Tom

Beta Return
they look like they have more legroom than the older cars

If you're talking about the "new" Test Track cars, I really believe that they're simply re-skinning the old cars. Those vehicles cost a literal fortune, and to replace them all would be cost prohibitive.

They'll all get new bodies that look bright and shiny to give the appearance of an upgrade.

flavious27

It's tough to tell by the pictures...

Is the Chevy bowtie molded into the front fascia or is it just a vinyl application onto the bumper?

If it's actually molded...they will all be "Chevys" but if it's just a vinyl piece they could be adding different badges within the GM family. (Blue is Chevy, red is Buick, white is Cadillac)

It all looks like some stickers.

Tom

Beta Return
There's an awesome new feature on the board called "Private Messaging". I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I hear it comes in useful sometimes.

WDW Monorail

Are the maintenance issues with test track routed in the vehicles, the track, the sensors or a combination of everything?

They really aren't maintenance issues. The ride is operating the way it was designed to operate. Any annomaly in the system from a sensor creates an e-stop. This can include anything from a false brake failure reading to a low tire pressure reading. Be glad that it works the way it does. That's what makes it safe.

RSoxNo1

They really aren't maintenance issues. The ride is operating the way it was designed to operate. Any annomaly in the system from a sensor creates an e-stop. This can include anything from a false brake failure reading to a low tire pressure reading. Be glad that it works the way it does. That's what makes it safe.

Well is it safe to assume that Radiator Springs Racers should be more operational effecient? Other than being newer what are the upgrades that have been made to the system.

I understand that rain will be less of an issue in California, but beyond that.

It would be nice if they could get the small things fixed too. The temerature sensor (infrared) screen at the end of the ride has not worked for the past three thrips for us.

The Mom

Premium Member
I think we need to add cars to the list of things not to be discussed on WDWMagic. It is like religion and politics wrapped up in a neat little package.

I totally agree! ;)

Back to discussing the refurb of an attraction at WDW without all of the political and "I know more than you do do so you're wrong and I'm right." OT arguments.

WDWFREAK53

I totally agree! ;)

Back to discussing the refurb of an attraction at WDW without all of the political and "I know more than you do do so you're wrong and I'm right." OT arguments.

Blame Disney...it was their idea to make them look like Chevy Volts :lol:

Love you Mom :wave:

Does anybody else know if anything aside from the look of the cars will be changing? Any actual ride elements changing?

Will the crashing car actually crash...ran than bunny hop?

blm07

Test Track really needs some attention. Today's problems: The preshow video's audio is way too loud, and you can barely hear what they are saying over the car screeching sounds, AND the speakers sound like they are busted. Narration in my car tonight was very low, some of the out of vehicle speakers sound like they are busted (does someone who works on that ride think that turning them up beyond the limit is a good idea?), the robots don't move, the breaks still suck at the end (I complain about that every time, cause they suck), and the photo preview screen is now covered over (it's normally just turned off). The post show area: the sound effect for the press machine wasn't working, and the film behind the factory robots wasn't working.

Here is a short video of the car pulling into the loading area
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrw7Q5vcf_E

IMG_20110909_203000.jpg

IMG_20110909_203005.jpg

Thrill Seeker

I personally saw the car yesterday. I was one vehicle away from riding in it, which was disappointing. The seats look slightly different in style, more like an actual car seat, and the video screens have been repositioned and in black and white it appeared. The high beams also seem to be different in the new car.

I guess what I'm getting at here is that this is a new car, not just a wrap. Same body structure, but new car. Now I just need to ride in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom