New Test Track ride vehicle debuts

JustInTime

Also, the rumor that the Crash Dummies would be leaving seems to be confirmed by the lack of black and yellow icons. Perhaps they will be added later? Gone forever? These look nice.

Scuttle

Hahahaha. That's great. Ive been watching Conan for years since Andy Richtor part 1. You must love him since he's a local to you.

Skipper Dan

Guys, I'm afraid this is just a wrap, or paint job. It's the same vehicle, and I'm REALLY not trying to be pessimistic, but it looks kind of cheesy. It actually bothers me that this is all we're gettin'. If you could have seen the Radiator Springs Racers vehicle up close, it makes the TT vehicle look like an antique. It looked like all the kinks had been worked out. They'd even moved the speakers to beside the headrest, like in RnRC. Ah well, I see it as a plus, 'cause it's love to one of my fav's, and it means no ridiculous, unjustifiable Cars overlay. :sohappy:

Plus I drive a 2010 Camaro, so I'm all for the Chevy emblem! :sohappy:

thelookingglass

If the black and yellow lines/crash dummy type decals don't get added, then that adds further support to the rumor that the story will be changing. Personally, I don't mind at all that its the same cars, just shined up. I thought even the current cars didn't look outdated at all, so to me this just looks even better.

wedenterprises

There are new video screens in the ride vehicles so it's a little more than just a new paint job.

They look fantastic, I love that this attraction is getting some attention. Interesting stuff.

devoy1701

I think I like the old colors better, but I really like the chevy logo in the front! I guess this is what we are getting for the TT refurb, along with an interactive queue and hopefully some track refurb. The Anti-lock brake part has been broken for months now. Thanks for the pics.

Well if this is all we're getting it should be a HUGE positive. Those current ride vehicles have the worst audio and visual systems on any attraction in WDW.

Hopefully we will see some additional changes in the attraction itself as well.

Irie

^^ I'm guessing they won't all be Chevys.

It looks really nice. I'm also curious if its a completely new car, or just a new chasis.

I rode Test Track yesterday once and noticed that the TV in the center of the briefing room has finally been replaced with an HDTV. The ones on the left and right were still CRTs. Its nice to see Test Track getting some love, it sorely needs it. The car I had yesterday was squeeking and grinding the entire ride, and at least 1/3rd of the time the onboard audio isn't working when I ride.
I thought I had read somewhere a few months back that only Chevrolet would sponsor TT once the refurb is completed.

sksowell

Very glad to see the ride it getting some attention. Hope the Jan-Feb refub keeps it from shutting down as much in the future.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think we need to add cars to the list of things not to be discussed on WDWMagic. It is like religion and politics wrapped up in a neat little package.

Mickey_777

Anyways...

I think the new paint looks good. I'm all for a big ol' Chevy logo on the front it if means more money to invest in TT itself. It'd be cool if the front bumper/moldings could alternate to look like different Chevy or GM models. "Oh man, not the Cruz again...I wanted to ride the Escalade."

Test Track Changes

I live in Michigan, actually two blocks from the Milford, Michigan GM proving grounds that are pcitured on the walls in TT pre-show rooms, and I am a nanny for a family of two GM execs, and I was asking them about this after returning from my trip a few weeks ago, and after hearing about a rumored Cars overlay. I know we all hate the infamous "I know someone who knows someone who said..." So please don't flame me if I'm wrong. I just thought I'd add what I've heard.

.....but they said that GM is looking to move their sponsorship to feature Chevrolet much more prominently, if not exclusively, as that is their strongest line. Cadillac tends to be branded for a more specific demographic and Chevy is much more wide-reaching.

She had also heard that they were working with the idea of featuring the Volt, and highlighting their alternative energy projects, especially since their renewable energy exhibit (right where you exit, I'm blanking on the name?) has gone largely ignored. I believe these pics show us that they are going to be doing the Volts!

This makes alot of sense, and mimics some of the other stuff I've read on the boards. I'm so excited as I LOVE TT and know it needs the attention!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I live in Michigan, actually two blocks from the Milford, Michigan GM proving grounds that are pcitured on the walls in TT pre-show rooms, and I am a nanny for a family of two GM execs, and I was asking them about this after returning from my trip a few weeks ago, and after hearing about a rumored Cars overlay. I know we all hate the infamous "I know someone who knows someone who said..." So please don't flame me if I'm wrong. I just thought I'd add what I've heard.

.....but they said that GM is looking to move their sponsorship to feature Chevrolet much more prominently, if not exclusively, as that is their strongest line. Cadillac tends to be branded for a more specific demographic and Chevy is much more wide-reaching.

She had also heard that they were working with the idea of featuring the Volt, and highlighting their alternative energy projects, especially since their renewable energy exhibit (right where you exit, I'm blanking on the name?) has gone largely ignored. I believe these pics show us that they are going to be doing the Volts!

This makes alot of sense, and mimics some of the other stuff I've read on the boards. I'm so excited as I LOVE TT and know it needs the attention!

Makes sense to me and the featuring of alternative energy stuff would certainly be consistent with the corporate message.

Happy to see another fellow Michigander (I live in Chicago now, but grew up in Southfield/West Bloomfield) around here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom