New Rumor

ladyofthecastle

I saw on another website that there was going to be no Mt. Fugi project because the mountain would be to close to EE, although Merf was right, there had been a discussion of building the mountain behind Japan.
Another park would be nice, or a monorail system that connected all four parks. I do agree with some, though, Epcot is the only park without a major roller coaster like thrill ride to be found. I say put Mt. Fuji in anyways, who cares if it is close to EE! :shrug:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I saw on another website that there was going to be no Mt. Fugi project because the mountain would be to close to EE, although Merf was right, there had been a discussion of building the mountain behind Japan.
Another park would be nice, or a monorail system that connected all three parks. I do agree with some, though, Epcot is the only park without a major roller coaster like thrill ride to be found. I say put Mt. Fuji in anyways, who cares if it is close to EE! :shrug:

If its going to be a backdrop, then it will be forced perspective, thus would not likely compete with the size of Everest. If its going to be an attraction, then thats a different story.

brkgnews

If its going to be a backdrop, then it will be forced perspective, thus would not likely compete with the size of Everest. If its going to be an attraction, then thats a different story.
I suppose it would also have to be a two-sided backdrop since it could, potentially, be viewed from the public road that travels parallel to the backside of world showcase.

(Of course, for the longest time, that didn't stop them with Everest's plain hiney.) :lookaroun

DisneyAnole

First of all, my original post, I almost had pretty much narrowed it down what the rumor was(if you cant see that then re-read)and there was no need to put it down in all caps like I didnt know, esp. after telling me to go somewhere else to read it.:rolleyes: That was dumb, but thats on you.

And secondly, I was commenting on why should anyone who doesnt know what the rumor is, or understand whichever anyone wants to put it, search through all of the however many pages to just find something that isnt that much clear, because thats what someone else implied that you should do. But anyways, if the original poster was the one to say or not say what he or she has heard, then everything else is just speculation. But anyways, its over. :cool:

My ALL CAPS response wasn't only meant for you, but also for those who couldn't come to grips with the Japan rumor.

And my other point was that the rumor was mentioned as recently as the previous page. And I only mentioned the other discussion boards to let you know that this isn't a "merf exclusive". You could verify the rumor by going to one of those other sites.

But, yeah, thanks for taking the mature approach to "correcting" me. ;)

The Empress Lilly

It is NOT the same Mount Fuji concept from the late 80s/early 90s, but it IS a large-scale E-Ticket, thrill ride.

Corrus said:
And that will only be a friggin' backdrop...

Maybe Disney has figured out that they can save even more money by just building an oversized two-dimensional cardboard backdrop and presenting it as a large-scale attraction. :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Is it possible for us to get over this?

It's Japan, it's an E-Ticket, it's a rumor.

Nothing more , nothing less.

applause.gif

phenom1307

I read this on The Disney Reporter a few days ago, maybe it will help.. maybe it wont.. :lookaroun

We also have some more news on the Mt. Fuji attraction proposed for the Japan pavillion over at Epcot. WDW1974 from MiceChat writes in to say, "

1.) Mt. Fuji was a coaster/thrill-ride concept proposed for Japan during Michael Eisner's infamous Disney Decade Where Most Things Didn't Happen (you might want to remember this when reading all of the grandiose plans for DCA!);

2.) The reason it wasn't built had NOTHING (read that again, focus, because some spirits are very tired of reading the same Internet/CM/Disney geek/urban myths presented as fact) to do with Kodak and Fuji film companies. NOTHING. Itcame down to funding and priorities. Mount Fuji is one of the most well-known landmarks in Japan. That is why it was considered as an attraction to begin with. So please dispose of this crazy rumor along with the rumors of Disney building a fifth gate themed to villians ... or the dark spaces in the Swan and Dolphin being removable for monorails ... or the turrets of Cindy's Castle being removable in hurricanes ... or that River Country was closed due to killer bacteria in the water etc ... NO TRUTH TO ANY OF THEM.

3.) Right now there is a MAJOR attraction being worked up for Japan and Joe Rohde has done design/conceptual work on it.

4.) It is NOT the same Mount Fuji concept from the late 80s/early 90s, but IS a large-scale E-Ticket, thrill ride.

5.) It has not 'officially' received the green-light but is considered a shoe-in to do so as Mitsukoshi has offered to put up money, as they have the past few years for the great redos of their department store and dining facilities at EPCOT;

6.) If things progress the way they are, this attraction will be open in the 2011-12 timeframe;

7.) This attraction has nothing to do with the proposed raft ride for Canada, which also is likely to happen (even though some of us think rides that get you wetter than a shower have no place in Disney parks at all)." We hope this clears things up for our readers, and I'm glad to hear someone else backing up this rumor.

thatd be pretty cool though

the-reason14

My ALL CAPS response wasn't only meant for you, but also for those who couldn't come to grips with the Japan rumor.

And my other point was that the rumor was mentioned as recently as the previous page. And I only mentioned the other discussion boards to let you know that this isn't a "merf exclusive". You could verify the rumor by going to one of those other sites.

But, yeah, thanks for taking the mature approach to "correcting" me. ;)

Oh your welcome.:) Anytime you need it let me know. :wave: And Im glad you recognize maturity.:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom