New Rumor

DisneyAnole

Maybe Merf should state the rumor point-blank, and maybe the haiku game wasn't the best way to deliver this info. BUT in Merf's defense, it's been mentioned numerous times in this thread that the rumor is for a new attraction for Japan in World Showcase. Nothing more, nothing less. The rumor originated over at laughingplace, and Merf simply conveyed that information here.

The only other bit of info that I haven't seen posted here is that Joe Rhode has reportedly done some work on this proposed Japan attraction.

Eyorefan

This has really gotten ridiculous and is really reflecting poorly on some folks... It's not my fault. The answer was explicitly given.

I agree. It's not your fault. You gave us a poem and you gave us the answer. If people are still confused it has nothing to do with you. IMHO of course.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No it wasn't and you know it. Just because you have thousands of posts doesn't give you the right to be a jerk. Next time you have a rumor, just post what you know. If you want to make a game out of it, go to the Disney Trivia and Games board on this site.

READ the thread!

hack2112

I don't care if it's Pokemon and all it really has is Jigglypuff singing while strobe lights flash before we're unceremoniously deposited in the Mitsukoshi. WS needs another ride.
Merf, stop spoiling the surprise! We were supposed to keep them in suspense for another week at least!

Buried20KLeague

Wow. I was away for Thanksgiving, and look at all the fun I missed. :dazzle:

To attempt to say something on topic...

While I don't know if another mountain would be my first choice... I wonder if the hidden motivation to all this might be Disney wanting to block the high rises from the Bonnet Creek area so they can't be seen from the park. :shrug: Just a thought.

DisneyAnole

Wow. I was away for Thanksgiving, and look at all the fun I missed. :dazzle:

To attempt to say something on topic...

While I don't know if another mountain would be my first choice... I wonder if the hidden motivation to all this might be Disney wanting to block the high rises from the Bonnet Creek area so they can't be seen from the park. :shrug: Just a thought.

I seem to remember reading elsewhere that sight lines aren't a motivating factor in this case.

lilclerk

This has really gotten ridiculous and is really reflecting poorly on some folks... It's not my fault. The answer was explicitly given.
This thread was great before people freaked out. We needed something to liven up the boards, and this would have done it... well, in a nicer way if people would actually read before posting.

the-reason14

READ the thread!

With all due respect, why? Why should someone read all the posts to find "the answer" when the answer isnt really clear. I havent posted in this thread yet, Ive yet to understand the rumor unless I just missed(I think its something about proposed plans for mt fuji in Japan) But if it wasnt, I know I wouldnt be one to just read the whole thread to find an answer that is just like a riddle.

With all respect, I think it was a clever and creative idea to present a rumor, but when you had/have people who dont get it, truth be told, I think you should just tell it like it is and stop people from being confused. Just my 2cents.:)

DisneyAnole

With all due respect, why? Why should someone read all the posts to find "the answer" when the answer isnt really clear. I havent posted in this thread yet, Ive yet to understand the rumor unless I just missed(I think its something about proposed plans for mt fuji in Japan) But if it wasnt, I know I wouldnt be one to just read the whole thread to find an answer that is just like a riddle.

With all respect, I think it was a clever and creative idea to present a rumor, but when you had/have people who dont get it, truth be told, I think you should just tell it like it is and stop people from being confused. Just my 2cents.:)

Good freakin' grief. The most recent answer to the question is on page 19. Merf doesn't have to be the one to tell you. You can look it up on Laughingplace or Micechat, if you're feeling industrious.

THE RUMOR IS:

A NEW ATTRACTION FOR JAPAN IN WORLD SHOWCASE. IT MIGHT BE MT FUJI BUT IT MIGHT NOT. That's all there is to it.

Tim G

Good freakin' grief. The most recent answer to the question is on page 19. Merf doesn't have to be the one to tell you. You can look it up on Laughingplace or Micechat, if you're feeling industrious.

THE RUMOR IS:

A NEW ATTRACTION FOR JAPAN IN WORLD SHOWCASE. IT MIGHT BE MT FUJI BUT IT MIGHT NOT. That's all there is to it.

And that will only be a friggin' backdrop...

Soo... :rolleyes:

WDWFREAK53

Merf, there have been times in the past that I haven't agreed with your tone or thought you were coming across as a jerk...and I believe I even PM'd you about it in the past. Since I called you out on what I thought was a negative...I'll call you out on a positive and thank you for the original post. It was a very fun way to give clues to a rumor and I applaud you for it.

Thank you again! Keep it up.

OneLittleSpark

I came across this info several months ago and still unsure where this ride vehicle is going , but perhaps this is it's destination. I know a person that is/was working on the design and testing of a new ride vehicle for Disney, I assumed it was going to Imagination because they said it was going to Epcot in 08 but there were some problems/bugs that needed to be worked out. I have since found out that it was a problem with inclines. I was recently told that the problems have been solved. But I have no other info and still don't know if project has been approved , canceled or put on hold.

the-reason14

THE RUMOR IS:

See on the real, if this wasnt a family board, I be just about ready to tell you a few things that I know will be censored here. So instead Ill take a different approach. :cool:

First of all, my original post, I almost had pretty much narrowed it down what the rumor was(if you cant see that then re-read)and there was no need to put it down in all caps like I didnt know, esp. after telling me to go somewhere else to read it.:rolleyes: That was dumb, but thats on you.

And secondly, I was commenting on why should anyone who doesnt know what the rumor is, or understand whichever anyone wants to put it, search through all of the however many pages to just find something that isnt that much clear, because thats what someone else implied that you should do. But anyways, if the original poster was the one to say or not say what he or she has heard, then everything else is just speculation. But anyways, its over. :cool:

phenom1307

Well, first off.. why would i think the Contemporary DVC is a new rumor?

But yes, someone said they're looking at large objects behind japan again.

And mind you, look at that concept art. It's installed overtop of the meet the world building. It will fit in the plot of land - it will just look like it wont.

looks pretty clear to me

jedimaster1227

The mountain as a backdrop for something else? Or are we speaking in metaphors now? :)

Quite simply a backdrop. Think "Streets of America" at the Studios... Anything else has yet to be decided. The backdrop will be there for further purposes if ANY attraction is placed behind the existing pavilion.

Android-XS

I read this on The Disney Reporter a few days ago, maybe it will help.. maybe it wont.. :lookaroun

We also have some more news on the Mt. Fuji attraction proposed for the Japan pavillion over at Epcot. WDW1974 from MiceChat writes in to say, "

1.) Mt. Fuji was a coaster/thrill-ride concept proposed for Japan during Michael Eisner's infamous Disney Decade Where Most Things Didn't Happen (you might want to remember this when reading all of the grandiose plans for DCA!);

2.) The reason it wasn't built had NOTHING (read that again, focus, because some spirits are very tired of reading the same Internet/CM/Disney geek/urban myths presented as fact) to do with Kodak and Fuji film companies. NOTHING. Itcame down to funding and priorities. Mount Fuji is one of the most well-known landmarks in Japan. That is why it was considered as an attraction to begin with. So please dispose of this crazy rumor along with the rumors of Disney building a fifth gate themed to villians ... or the dark spaces in the Swan and Dolphin being removable for monorails ... or the turrets of Cindy's Castle being removable in hurricanes ... or that River Country was closed due to killer bacteria in the water etc ... NO TRUTH TO ANY OF THEM.

3.) Right now there is a MAJOR attraction being worked up for Japan and Joe Rohde has done design/conceptual work on it.

4.) It is NOT the same Mount Fuji concept from the late 80s/early 90s, but IS a large-scale E-Ticket, thrill ride.

5.) It has not 'officially' received the green-light but is considered a shoe-in to do so as Mitsukoshi has offered to put up money, as they have the past few years for the great redos of their department store and dining facilities at EPCOT;

6.) If things progress the way they are, this attraction will be open in the 2011-12 timeframe;

7.) This attraction has nothing to do with the proposed raft ride for Canada, which also is likely to happen (even though some of us think rides that get you wetter than a shower have no place in Disney parks at all)." We hope this clears things up for our readers, and I'm glad to hear someone else backing up this rumor.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Wow, the Disney Reporter sounds a real barrell of laughs. Perhaps his objection to Wet rides is hes already a big enough drip. Or did someone spill his pint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom