New Rumor

jmvd20

yes and the monorail will run to MGM and AK and throught the dark spaces in Swan & Dolphin.

any other questions?

You bet I do! How about Beastly Kingdom at AK, or a 5th gate...

Maybe a new park in Ohio!!!!!! (Maybe called Disney's Magical Soybean Field)

DisneyLeo18

You bet I do! How about Beastly Kingdom at AK, or a 5th gate...

Maybe a new park in Ohio!!!!!! (Maybe called Disney's Magical Soybean Field)

you bet! in fact beastly kingdom is already in progress underground beneath AK and you will take a special bus to get there but is for DVC members only actually. the 5th gate will be built next week and as for your question about a park in ohio thats just silly. we all know the next area disney will be building in will be in Alaska for its "Frozen Dreams" park :ROFLOL:

Eyorefan

you bet! in fact beastly kingdom is already in progress underground beneath AK and you will take a special bus to get there but is for DVC members only actually. the 5th gate will be built next week and as for your question about a park in ohio thats just silly. we all know the next area disney will be building in will be in Alaska for its "Frozen Dreams" park :ROFLOL:

Can I just say that the lack of any real new rummors or information is mildly depressing. The fact that this thread has over three hundred posts is just a testment to how much "nothing" there is right now. :(

MiklCraw4d

Quite simply a backdrop. Think "Streets of America" at the Studios... Anything else has yet to be decided. The backdrop will be there for further purposes if ANY attraction is placed behind the existing pavilion.

This is intriguing... So I take this to mean we're getting a forced-perspective Fuji backdrop whether or not an attraction comes? And, to put words into your mouth, it would serve as one of those sweet World Showcase-style photoreal construction taps in case they went ahead with the ride?

To continue to ask lots of questions about something that is still completely blue sky - do you know if this 2-D solution would be replaced with a 3-D ride building facade if they decided to go that route, or is it intended to be permanent (although that sounds kinda DCA-y). While the specific features of Mt. Fuji itself would be easily recreated in a 2-D (or very limited depth 3-D) backdrop, I fear the illusion would look pretty cruddy from International Gateway around to Boardwalk, and from the roads behind EPCOT.

It's also interesting to hear the Canada rumor persists, although I still despise full-body-drench raft rides so I hope that idea gets tweaked..

Thanks for the info you've shared...
mc

jedimaster1227

This is intriguing... So I take this to mean we're getting a forced-perspective Fuji backdrop whether or not an attraction comes? And, to put words into your mouth, it would serve as one of those sweet World Showcase-style photoreal construction taps in case they went ahead with the ride?

To continue to ask lots of questions about something that is still completely blue sky - do you know if this 2-D solution would be replaced with a 3-D ride building facade if they decided to go that route, or is it intended to be permanent (although that sounds kinda DCA-y). While the specific features of Mt. Fuji itself would be easily recreated in a 2-D (or very limited depth 3-D) backdrop, I fear the illusion would look pretty cruddy from International Gateway around to Boardwalk, and from the roads behind EPCOT.

It's also interesting to hear the Canada rumor persists, although I still despise full-body-drench raft rides so I hope that idea gets tweaked..

Thanks for the info you've shared...
mc

Now when I say backdrop, I probably should have explained a little better...

Such a backdrop could be made using both 3-D and 2-D effects as well as forced perspective. Consider a mountainous bedrock emerging from a flat (but highly detailed) backboard giving you the believable image that you are staring Mt. Fuji in the face (and after seeing it in person, I can tell you the real thing looks like a painting anyways). Again, nothing is definite yet, but it is the most likely option as of right now.

minnie61650

mousemerf is so clever!!

Try rereading parts of this old thread: (page8)

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=2606357#post2606357

well... no specifics but, from what I hear and have put together, allot of it has to do with already annouced plans... lets just say an old press release was very vaugue when the described their future plans. I don't want to loose my job... so have fun guessing! :wave:

meh - not even a haiku...

Just my 2 cents.

Tim G

I say it's an Australian Pavilion. Here's why...
"Lost"--The TV show was closely associated with it
"dust covered"--It's a concept from the early planning stages of Epcot. The plans will needto be dusted off.
"mound"--Sydney opera house? or Ayers Rock?
"reborn"--again, an early Epcot idea coming now to life
"skyline of World"--The skyline of the World (WDW) is the World Showcase
"high rising"--I guess it will be one of the taller pavilions
Additionally, there've been a number of rumors floating around about an Australian pavilion. :veryconfu

Better not...

It definitely won't be another country in WS...

Sorry :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom