New Quick Service McDonalds location at Magic Kingdom

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It's just food kids, you don't have to eat it, and the MCD's don't occupy space that woul be used by something else. Really - they're avoidable.

Some people like them. I don't like roller coasters (or eating McD's at WDW for that matter) but as long as they don't bulldoze something I do like for them, i'm ok with other people enjoying them.

Foolish Mortal

shoppingnut said:
And to those of you that are so crazed over the corporate infiltration of McD's, you need to get past it because that is what disney is built on, just look at all the rides and don't think that just because they sponsor a ride they aren't selling stuff in the parks because they are, cases in point, Kodak film, Nestle toll house cookies, Nestle candy, Frito Lay chips, etc.

Fair point and a good one, however, in our day to day lives we dont have Nestle, Frito and Kodak shoving their stuff down out throats. I'm even willing to cut Kodak a little slack since film is something people actually NEED on a vacation. I think what bothers most people about this is that everyday we are just saturated (bad word to use in a McSlops thread ?) with McSlops. Commercials on every other break, unless it's a sporting event, then every break. Open up a newspaper on Sunday and watch the coupons come raining out. From where I live, I can be to at least 4 McSlops within 15 minutes. And thats without thinking about all the ones in my area.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
jeffb said:
Since El Pirata y El Perico is rarely open, and McDonalds wants park presence, they should let McD open up a Chipotle in that space.

I would rather have Disney fries while at the World over McDonalds. You can get McDonalds pretty much anywhere and I never feel to good after I eat McDonalds anyway.

Not a bad idea, however McDonalds is selling off their ownership of Chipolte.
http://money.cnn.com/2006/04/27/news/companies/mcdonalds_chipotle.reut/

ctwhalerman

At least it's going in a place that I have never seen open at any time in my life, so it's a no-brainer for Disney.

But putting a McDonald's in Fantasyland? Everyone's talking about how fat the kids are, isn't this just a continuation of the problem?

SpectroPhoenix

I agree, filling unused space is always good, but it does take away from the magic of WDW. But looking at it from another angle, something as simple as chicken nuggets or a hot dog is great for the little ones as well as a cheap snack that saves money for when you might want to go and get a real "Disney dinnner".
So, despite it weakening the world's magic, a few extra bucks in my pocket so I can save up and go to the Crystal Palace or somewhere else fancier works for me.

stuallan

i think people are going a bit ott about this.
Its not gonna be full blown McD's its just gonna be McD's fries and Disney hotdogs.
Its gonna be staffed by WDW staff in WDW uniforms, there will probablay be a realitively small sign outside showing MCd's Its not like the giant arches are going over the castle or anything? (possible future sponsorship idea:p ;) )
I actually think its kinda cool how disney manages to blend in another modern day company (mcd's) without making it stick out like a sore thumb, i certainly dont think it sticks out at there other locations.
Maybe we shouldn't sell coca-cola, fanta, sprite etc because these are all coporate and spoil the magic?
as far as the health thing goings, McD's fries are no worse, and no better, for you than the WDW ones.
If you dont like it then dont buy it, but it increases choice and may reduce lines at your preferred food location as other will go here instead.

stu

wannab@dis

:rolleyes:

I've never seen so much crying and whining in my life. They have put in a POPULAR kids food in a CLOSED location in the kid's main area of the park. If you don't like it... skip it. Everyone has been skipping it forever since it's been CLOSED.

geez... cry because something is empty... cry when they open it and put something there. Enough crying. If you don't like it, you don't HAVE to eat there. Go somewhere else.

Oh, for those of you wanting something "different"... take a look at Noodles. Yep, it really seems like the park guests want to eat something different. What do you want to bet there will be longer lines at this new stand than there is at Noodle Station?

zone15int

I think that most of you are completely overreacting over this. From what I read, I get no notion that its a complete McDonald's QSR. It's JUST McDonald's fries and thats not going to hurt any of you. Don't eat there, nobody's forcing you. Disney has relied on all kinds of sponsors for the parks since 1955. This is nothing new. Plus, all of the McD's arches havent been obtrusive. Just a few little signs here and there.

ToTBellHop

McDonalds making kids fat? I think kids are making themselves fat, and Disney has never helped this. News flash: Disney's chicken tenders, fries, and burgers are also NOT healthy for you. All that stuff in Disney's bakeries, including the 2 lb brownies? not healthy. Those ice cream sundaes with about a half gallon of icecream and a quart of hot fudge? not healthy. The salads that people douse with two packets of blue cheese dressing? not healthy. This is Disney World, not Weight Watchers. It's never been Disney's job to make people thin; it's their job to make people happy, and sadly the food that makes people the happiest also tends to clog their arteries. It's a horrible fact of life that our taste buds prefer food that is horrible for us.

MissM

parker kim said:
Does anyone have pictures of this area be nice to see what were talking about and any way I love a reason to look at picture of WDW.
I probably have one at home but I'm at work now so the net will have to do. Unfortunately, all I found on a quick search was the sign:

http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id214.htm

Hrm. It's right around the corner from the small Snow White's Dwarf Mine shop heading towards Pooh. Same side. There's closed up windows and the queue railings are still in place. There's some tables/seating around there which normally gets used for Mrs. Potts (right next door - see here or here.)

Being an empty area, it's proving hard to find photos. Seems no one has clearly labeled pics of it! :lol:
-m

MKCP 1985

Nice link, M. Has that Lumiere's sign turned up at MouseSurplus yet? :lol:

*goes and checks the MouseSurplus auctions at e-bay* :lookaroun

MissM

Ok, I apparently don't take pictures of it either. Sheesh! I had to go back through my old camera's files and found this one from 2004. It's not the greatest - I took the shots to show the weather, not the building - but it'll do for a general idea.

The empty space in question is to the right of Mrs. Pott's in the photo. You can see at the edge of the photo the rounded corner of where the Dwarf Mine shop is.

mrspotts-wdw04.jpg

But that's where it is. :)
-m

McDonald's does not own nor operate any locations within a Walt Disney World park at which their products are sold. The only McDonalds location within a park that is actually owned by McDonalds is Burger Invasion at DCA.

Does Coca-cola own all of the coke stands?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom