New Quick Service McDonalds location at Magic Kingdom

RedBaron

Bravesfn1 said:
I agree the hot dogs at Casey's have to be better than the ones here. Since when did McDonald's start making hot dogs? Or are just the fries from McDonald's? This is a terrible plan in my opinion, I wish they would have served something else besides hot dogs and fries!
The McDonald's here in Chicago had hot dogs about a year ago, but dont think they are still on menu? I have to say I am disappointed that WDW is having a fast food chain restaurant in the parks. I admit that I love the fries there, but I can get that anytime. Some people probably think that a hot dog and fries is the same anywhere, but I still would rather not buy it at McDonalds while I am in Disney.

TimeTrip

Laura22 said:
Why would ANYONE get hot dogs there if they could just eat at Casey's???!

Maybe they'll offer a regular hotdog. I was really annoyed when I went to casey's and found out they only had the 1/4 pound hot dogs for sale. They got rid of the regular hot dog several months ago IIRC.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
wdhatter said:
By far this is not the first time that McDonald's will be selling their food inside the parks. At the Magic Kingdom, they have had a fry cart in Frontierland for many years. It is right next to where the parade enters and exits the park. At Animal Kingdom, Restaurantasaurus has sold several McDonald's items since that park opened in 1998. In Epcot, I believe one of the little stands between Future World and Canada has sold fries for a while. I can't remember where the fry stand in the Studios is located. Over on the west coast at California Adventure, there is a restaurant in Paradise Pier (can't remember the name) that has sold lots of McDonald's items since that park opened.

Adding this new location in Fantasyland is nothing new to the parks.

At the Refreshment Port location near Canada, they also sell Nuggets (as well as fries). For some reason they taste better in WDW! :)

Ciciwoowoo

SpongeScott said:
Fantasyland full of kids, a place offering hot dogs and french fries? Sounds like a money-making no brainer to me. That place will be packed.

As a mom, I completely agree. Its hard to find a kid who doesn't like McDonald fries and a hot dog. Put them together, and voila! A meal fit for a princess! (or prince :) )

All they need is milk and a side of gummy worms and they'll be in heaven!

CoffeeJedi

I HATE MCDONALDS.
hate hate hate hate hate them
Their food flat out SUCKS! Greasy tasteless blobs of chemical run-off with zero nutritional value. You couldn't PAY me to eat at McD's.
And I hate to see a McDonald's logo in a WDW park, it makes me sick to my stomach. It totally clashes with the atmosphere and sticks out like a rotting boil on a pretty girl's face.
Who's with me? Boycott the in-park McD's locations!

SpongeScott

CoffeeJedi said:
I HATE MCDONALDS.
hate hate hate hate hate them
Their food flat out SUCKS! Greasy tasteless blobs of chemical run-off with zero nutritional value. You couldn't PAY me to eat at McD's.
And I hate to see a McDonald's logo in a WDW park, it makes me sick to my stomach. It totally clashes with the atmosphere and sticks out like a rotting boil on a pretty girl's face.
Who's with me? Boycott the in-park McD's locations!
You're a little fuzzy on this...can you be more clear on how you feel about eating at McD's?:dazzle:

CoffeeJedi

SpongeScott said:
You're a little fuzzy on this...can you be more clear on how you feel about eating at McD's?:dazzle:
yeah, you know, like... its not the best... i guess... i don't really <i>like</i> it very much... whatever....:lookaroun

Seriously though, there's so much better food out there nowadays for about the same price, so i see no need for McDonalds. And i really do think that seeing the golden arches, or just <i>smelling</i> the food in the parks yanks me back out to reality in a way i don't like.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
wdwmagic said:
I think its a good move, I dont like seeing locations sitting empty. MK seriously needs more food locations, and it also needs food locations that stay open until closing.

Yes,... but surely they can do better than McDonalds fries. Blech. Awful.

Just what we need... another stand pushing this crap. :hurl: :hurl: :hammer:

CoffeeJedi

SpongeScott said:
that's more like it. :animwink:
yeah, sorry, i almost had a slightly strong opinion there critisizing our corporate overlords; i don't want to be sent to a re-education camp or anything

SpongeScott

DMC-12 said:
Yes,... but surely they can do better than McDonalds fries. Blech. Awful.

Just what we need... another stand pushing this crap. :hurl: :hurl: :hammer:
It's catering to the kids. It's in F-land, it's hot dogs, it's fries, it's genius marketing. They're not expecting childless adults to be eating there, so they've gone with what is proven for kids.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
SpongeScott said:
It's catering to the kids. It's in F-land, it's hot dogs, it's fries, it's genius marketing. They're not expecting childless adults to be eating there, so they've gone with what is proven for kids.

Understood... but having to walk by and smell that greasy crap is gonna be awful now.

CoffeeJedi

SpongeScott said:
Proven to turn them into obese kids you mean?

Hey kids, come and get some hormone injected mechanically seperated reconstituted animal protein!

Seriously, can McDonalds even call what they sell "meat" anymore?

tigsmom

Laura22 said:
Why would ANYONE get hot dogs there if they could just eat at Casey's???!

My thoughts exactly! I'm so tired of McDonald's everywhere.

I'm in WDW and there are better places to grab a quick lunch or snack.

banimall

They need to incorporate something other than fries and hot dogs, they need another turkey leg and pretzel stand. I'm usually nauseated when I walk by the fry stand over by Splash. If it's 107 outside the last thing I'm thinking about eating is hot greasy fries.

CJR

Kids will "Want to eat at Mc Donald's!" Any parent that doesn't want to listen to their kid complain about what they're eating will take them there. Kids love it, and I guess I'm a kid (Ok, I'm in denial) because I love it too. I love their fries, Chicken Nuggets, and dollar cheese burgers. Although they won't be that cheap in WDW. Still, families will flock to it. There are still plenty of adults that like Mc Donald's, so it's not just for kids. I personally believe that some of the people who are opposed to eating at Mc Donald's are part of the "in" steriotype (Much like the Coke vs. Pepsi thing, many people that say they like Pepsi say it because it's "in"). If the kids like it, it'll serve it's purpose.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I'm just happy to see another closed location opening back up. It's been years since anything has happened at that location. Wasn't it Lancer's Inn years ago (serving pizza)?

There is nothing worse than walking past closed f&B and retail locations. The Adventureland Veranda is a prime example of this. I would have put the Noodle Station in this location, rather than in Tomorrowland. The menu certainly reflects an Asian theme. Its sad to be greeted by all those closed doors when you enter Adventureland.

shoppingnut

I happen to love McD's fries, they are the best. I'd sooner go there than go to Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bill's for fries and if they sold a hamburger, I'd be all over it as the ones that disney sells are totally gross. I don't know what the difference is but even though McD's cooks the burger totally, I can actually eat it, but the ones disney has are dry as a bone and I can't seem to get past the fully cooked stench of them as I prefer my burger's mooing.

And to those of you that are so crazed over the corporate infiltration of McD's, you need to get past it because that is what disney is built on, just look at all the rides and don't think that just because they sponsor a ride they aren't selling stuff in the parks because they are, cases in point, Kodak film, Nestle toll house cookies, Nestle candy, Frito Lay chips, etc.

jeffb

Since El Pirata y El Perico is rarely open, and McDonalds wants park presence, they should let McD open up a Chipotle in that space.

I would rather have Disney fries while at the World over McDonalds. You can get McDonalds pretty much anywhere and I never feel to good after I eat McDonalds anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom