New Quick Service McDonalds location at Magic Kingdom

what I personaly dont understand is why would anyone go to disney world only to eat at mcdonalds, I mean there has to be a mcdonalds within 5 minutes from your house.:lol:

PamelaNiebergal

stockboy3796 said:
what I personaly dont understand is why would anyone go to disney world only to eat at mcdonalds, I mean there has to be a mcdonalds within 5 minutes from your house.:lol:

I guess some people don't go to WDW for the food. I personally go there for the attractions, the ambience, the shopping and basically everything but food. We still usually do 1 or 2 sit-down meals but mostly just eat on the run. Yes there's a McDonald's within 5 minutes (5 blocks actually) of my house but I never eat there because it is unhealthy. At WDW I allow myself to indulge in junk food because I'm on vacation and to me it feels like a rare treat. Plus I like to eat quickly so as to enjoy the finer things WDW has to offer. I think some people need to chill out about how this will ruin the atmosphere of fantasy land. From the picture it's pretty obvious that the McDonald's signs are subtle. IMO any new eating place, particularily in a location that was previous closed, can only be a good thing.

tirian

They're serving McDonald's french fries with Disney hot dogs and food, just like the Restaurantosaurus sells Disney burgers; and it's not as if McDonald's is actually going to be running the place. Disney will just get a few more bags of frozen McD's french fries and send them to the new place.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Actually, I really like McD's fries.. and i like MK hotdogs - they don't seem to weigh you down like other food during the heat of the summer. I think I have a new place to eat. Loves me some carrot cake too!

Debbie

wdwmagic said:
I think its a good move, I dont like seeing locations sitting empty. MK seriously needs more food locations, and it also needs food locations that stay open until closing.

I agree 100%. I wouldn't mind a shake stand somewhere. McDonalds triple thick shakes are good.

scpergj

interesting...

Just returned from a one day trip yesterday, and at lunch time on Saturday, this location was closed. We weren't going to eat there (we at at the Village Haus), but I did notice it was closed.

Guess it's going to end up like another Noodle Station.

ToTBellHop

scpergj said:
Just returned from a one day trip yesterday, and at lunch time on Saturday, this location was closed. We weren't going to eat there (we at at the Village Haus), but I did notice it was closed.

Guess it's going to end up like another Noodle Station.
Actually it's not scheduled to open until tomorrow, May 1.

Magicot

Can anyone here who has seen the VFS in person tell me if there are any other McDonalds references other than on the menu boards? Is there a yellow "M" on a sign somewhere else?

Chape19714

Probally on the Map there will be a McD logo, and the fries will be served in a McD fry container. The containers do say WDW and McD, so they're not the one's found at any old McD's. MK needs to open former locations.

stankly182

TimeTrip said:
Maybe they'll offer a regular hotdog. I was really annoyed when I went to casey's and found out they only had the 1/4 pound hot dogs for sale. They got rid of the regular hot dog several months ago IIRC.

I hate the 1/4 hotdogs. I always have to order the kids sized hot dogs everywhere I go, the 1/4 are just too much hot dog haha:lol:

BRER STITCH

stankly182 said:
I hate the 1/4 hotdogs. I always have to order the kids sized hot dogs everywhere I go, the 1/4 are just too much hot dog haha:lol:

After all...how many snouts and hooves can one man eat?!?!?!?!

:lookaroun

Magicot said:
Can anyone here who has seen the VFS in person tell me if there are any other McDonalds references other than on the menu boards? Is there a yellow "M" on a sign somewhere else?

It isn't a McDonalds. They just serve McDonalds fries.

Perhaps Steve could adjust the title of this thread to correctly identify the new food service location. It's a Disney counter service location serving McDonald's fries. It's NOT a McDonald's "quick service location" or otherwise.

Timmay

tirian said:
I pointed that out several pages ago, and folks have been ignoring it.

:wave:

Of course they have...nobody wants to be confused with the facts. The way people were talking made it seem as if there would be a 100 foot Big Mac outside the place that you could see from most anywhere in central Florida.

Some people may not like their food, but I would bet that most of the visitors to the parks like to get a nice order of their fries...maybe like a comfort food kind of thing. If you don't like it, fine...but why question people that do like it and will spend money on it??

BRER STITCH

The most amazing thing about this post is that it's got 125 posts and its still going strong! :lol:

Who will be next to declare their love for McDonald's fries???

STAY TUNED!!!

:p

WhyteAL

I like McD's but I don't eat it on a continual basis because I know the food their makes me feel not to great...But some how all those chemicals taste good. Go figure:hammer:? But I really don't want to go to Disney to go to Mcdonalds...You know what I mean? I'm just not feeling that at all. In the parks their should be disney type food, you know. I know I'm not gonna eat at that spot. I don't even by the fries :slurp: from those carts when I'm in the park. For that then let Taco Bell take over the mexican stand in Mexico, and KFC sell fried chicken in America, Pizza Hut in Italy or maybe Papa Johns. There has to be limits. I like fast food just like everyother american out there but please lets keep it out of the theme parks. Sell me over priced magical food with pixie dust on it....:lookaroun thats what I want. LOL:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom