New Quick Service McDonalds location at Magic Kingdom

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I went, I ate, it was yummy. Same hot dogs as Casey's.

No pics, but there's a little hanging sign that says Village Fry Shoppe and it has a little McD's icon on it, but it's pretty small. Also, the inside is all themed to like potatos and cooking equipment from the "period."

shoppingnut

WhyteAL said:
I like McD's but I don't eat it on a continual basis because I know the food their makes me feel not to great...But some how all those chemicals taste good. Go figure:hammer:? But I really don't want to go to Disney to go to Mcdonalds...You know what I mean? I'm just not feeling that at all. In the parks their should be disney type food, you know. I know I'm not gonna eat at that spot. I don't even by the fries :slurp: from those carts when I'm in the park. For that then let Taco Bell take over the mexican stand in Mexico, and KFC sell fried chicken in America, Pizza Hut in Italy or maybe Papa Johns. There has to be limits. I like fast food just like everyother american out there but please lets keep it out of the theme parks. Sell me over priced magical food with pixie dust on it....:lookaroun thats what I want. LOL:rolleyes:

Considering I think most of the counter service food stinks and is god awful, those recommendations would be an improvement over the current food sold at those locals.

PixyDust

Laura22 said:
Why would ANYONE get hot dogs there if they could just eat at Casey's???!

Fantasyland = small children

As a parent of small children, I can say hot dogs are most always a hit with this age group. Amazing they haven't had hot dogs available in this area before!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Hehe.. a joke from Turtle Talk today..

Kid: I eat hotdogs.

Crush: Dude, what's a hot dog?

Kid: I don't know...

Crush: You don't know what it is and you put it in your mouth? That's well... cha.. wow!

Punkss

I admit it is slightly disappointing to have McDonalds in the parks but i had noticed the little stands, i didn't use them once in 2 weeks but there was only me and the girlfriend but bet pester power rules all parents at WDW!

I would love it if they sold the salad's they do in the UK. Straight out of the fridge they are yummy with a little mayonnaise or vinagrette.

Dwarful

My girls are 6 & 10 now, but aside from getting the little toy in the Happy Meal and maybe french fries, they don't really care for McDonalds food. As for hotdogs, well, my niece has food allergies so she cant eat any processed meats...bologna, hot dogs etc., so we just skip them if she is with us. Our kids are used to planned meals and then some snacks, I don't think they'd have a melt down if they saw a McDonalds Fry stand just to get fries...now a cold drink on a hot day...yeah, they'd have a melt down for that...but so would I~

tracyandalex

Timmay said:
Of course they have...nobody wants to be confused with the facts. The way people were talking made it seem as if there would be a 100 foot Big Mac outside the place that you could see from most anywhere in central Florida.

Some people may not like their food, but I would bet that most of the visitors to the parks like to get a nice order of their fries...maybe like a comfort food kind of thing. If you don't like it, fine...but why question people that do like it and will spend money on it??

well, i wouldn't want to see a big mc donald's in the parks, but anyway my reason for posting - those fries stands are evil. i never went to one, but seeing them and seeing all the people enjoying the fries really made me want some. i almost broke down, but alex kept me strong. why would you want to go there and eat mc donald's when you can eat that anywhere

tracy

Timmay

tracyandalex said:
why would you want to go there and eat mc donald's when you can eat that anywhere

tracy

Because many people like it...it is that simple. I don't think it would be there if they couldn't get anyone to buy the products.

Scooter

tracyandalex said:
why would you want to go there and eat mc donald's when you can eat that anywhere

tracy

Because it is consistent in every Restaurant.
When you go to McDonalds, you know what you're getting and you know what it's going to taste like.

Sometimes my wife and I go to McDonalds at Downtown Disney for that reason. After trying all kinds of differant foods in differant countries at EPCOT's World Showcase and trying foods in differant places all over Disney property all week long, we occasionally enjoy eating at a place where the prices are reasonable and we always know what we are getting.

McDonalds is a "Comfort food" of sorts.
I know some won't understand or agree with what I am saying but for our family, a trip to McDonalds is always fun and comforting...and yes...:)
I like the fries.

gjpjtj

Just back from WDW, and got a picture of the sign in front of the new Fry Shoppe. Wasn't sure if it had been posted, so here it is!

WDW5-20060151.jpg

And the building itself. (we didn't see the stand open)

WDW5-20060150.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom