News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

MCast

I'm of the thought that the more they can do to consolidate IP within Epcot, the better.

Granted, I know it will still permeate areas of the park, but I'm glad they went with this approach rather than having such IP-driven entertainment scattered across the park.

It does look aesthetically cool, though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Found a higher resolution:

It's definitely Goofy, Mickey, and Donald. And the sign says "dance dance."

ObscurityPoint

At this point, I dont mind the use of IP within Future World, as long as the new experiences and rides they create have futuristic designs and utilize innovative technology. This interactive(kids zone?) passes for me. Scraps the abandoned WOL area for a new place where young kids can do stuff other than the more intense thrill rides in Future World. Might help parent swapping out when Guardians opens next door.

mccgavin

No.

Don’t expect “attractions”.
I know this is a bit late but I was referring to Zootopia in Shanghai, not at Epcot. The post I was responding to was asking if "The Zootopia simulator from Shanghai could come here", to which I was asking if there was any evidence to what type of attraction is being built in Shanghai.

So if this is gonna become the new “innovations” do you guys think they might announce what’s gonna happen with innovations and hopefully the other future world pavilion at D23 (if they announce any Epcot stuff) and I’m assuming they are gonna move like Baymax, Joy/Sadness, the Fab 4 and Ralph and Vaneople?

Last edited:

TwilightZone

So if this is gonna become the new “innovations” do you guys think they might announce what’s gonna happen with innovations and hopefully the imagination pavilion at D23 (if they announce any Epcot stuff) and I’m assuming they are gonna move like Baymax, Joy/Sadness, the Fab 4 and Ralph and Vaneople?
Wreck it ralph meet and greet was just finished, so I don't expect any news about that until the play pavilion is officially opened (assuming it's moved there).

doctornick

So, got to reading this whole thread...

Like many, I'm happy they are doing something productive with WoL. Overall sounds like a good addition. WDW benefits from these indoor experiences with different options. Not everything needs to be an E-ticket and this can help round out the park better and fill in gaps in a day. I agree with others who pointed out that that side of the park will be more thrilling rides with height restrictions (though the mild side of M:S isn't that bad) so counter balancing that is nice. That said....

The lack of one bigger attraction/ride seems kinda disappointing. The Body Wars show building is there, attached and could be repurposed into some sort of ride if there was a will. I suppose someday something more substantial could still be added, but that rarely seems to happen.

I do like that they are putting in food service. A quick serve of some sort certainly will help.

However, a good argument, I think, is why couldn't they just use Innoventions for this? It seems like West is being torn down, so isn't think kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul? While I'm optimistic this will be a higher quality than the more recent efforts or Innoventions, it doesn't strike me as that drastically different in execution.

jt04

So, got to reading this whole thread...

Like many, I'm happy they are doing something productive with WoL. Overall sounds like a good addition. WDW benefits from these indoor experiences with different options. Not everything needs to be an E-ticket and this can help round out the park better and fill in gaps in a day. I agree with others who pointed out that that side of the park will be more thrilling rides with height restrictions (though the mild side of M:S isn't that bad) so counter balancing that is nice. That said....

The lack of one bigger attraction/ride seems kinda disappointing. The Body Wars show building is there, attached and could be repurposed into some sort of ride if there was a will. I suppose someday something more substantial could still be added, but that rarely seems to happen.

I do like that they are putting in food service. A quick serve of some sort certainly will help.

However, a good argument, I think, is why couldn't they just use Innoventions for this? It seems like West is being torn down, so isn't think kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul? While I'm optimistic this will be a higher quality than the more recent efforts or Innoventions, it doesn't strike me as that drastically different in execution.

I'm assuming the replacements will offer more square footage. Possibly multilevel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom