Im here for the “They’re destroying EPCOT” comments.
Because it looks like a containment zone for a bunch of characters and could very well be a solution to the "Management wants Inside Out in Epcot somewhere" problem that doesn't involve killing Figment.the most vocal critics have suddenly become the biggest cheer leaders. It's Twilight Zone today. Cynicism really does blind people. What the heck were they expecting? Empty plots of land?
D23! Can't get here soon enough.
Ahhh. Thanks. Makes sense. Never realized Figment was this popular.Because it looks like a containment zone for a bunch of characters and could very well be a solution to the "Management wants Inside Out in Epcot somewhere" problem that doesn't involve killing Figment.
ThemeparkXplain AnalysisOK, after close examination, here's my take:
The "Play" Pavilion is going to be like when in Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ralph and Vanellope visited Oh My Disney website. And so, entering the pavilion, you'll be transported to various Disney web apps/sites.
As far as the interior design goes:
There are characters walking around:
- there's a sunken mini-ampitheater facing a stage. Looks like there are dancers and Vanellope and a guitarist on stage
- the light globes all have circuit board designs... again, signs we'll be in the internet
- the sky is a star field (I hope that will lead to an active one with cool projections)
Whether they'll be M&Gs or walk-arounds or even there at all is unknown. Obviously, there won't be a four inch Tinkerbell buzzing around you.
- Sleeping Beauty
There are two characters represented as toys being held by a child
Then are the building frontages going from left to right:
- Plush Mickey
- Buzz Lightyear
- Edna Mode Emoji
- no other text, so, maybe it's an Edna or Incredibles M&G?
- or maybe an interactive costume place with touch pads to create costumes or mirrors to overlay costumes?
- Dance Dance
- at least, that's what I think the sign says
- there are three dancing characters on the sign
- there is a colored wall of blocks similar to a Candy Crush game
- so, either its probably a dancing game place, or, just has a dance floor with lights as in the disco floor of Staying Alive
- emoji of Marie on the front
- what looks like a big "D" at the top of the tower... wonder what that could stand for????
- And a big play button at the ground floor
- so, guessing it will be a place to see movies, shorts, cartoons, etc...
- Let's Play with Exclamation Point icons
- maybe some sort of gaming room
- nothing of note on the front of the building, but coming out of the right side is a big tube on the ground floor and the monorail above it
- a demonstration of motion, or and actual (kiddie) mini-ride?
- Hotel with sleeping Joy emoji
- I'm guessing a nap place or quiet lounge
Figment was so popular that when the original attraction got replaced with "Journey Into Your Imagination" for a brief period. There was a couple of fansites dedicated to bringing back Figment.Because it looks like a containment zone for a bunch of characters and could very well be a solution to the "Management wants Inside Out in Epcot somewhere" problem that doesn't involve killing Figment.