News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

FigmentJedi

Im here for the “They’re destroying EPCOT” comments.
the most vocal critics have suddenly become the biggest cheer leaders. It's Twilight Zone today. Cynicism really does blind people. What the heck were they expecting? Empty plots of land?

D23! Can't get here soon enough.
Because it looks like a containment zone for a bunch of characters and could very well be a solution to the "Management wants Inside Out in Epcot somewhere" problem that doesn't involve killing Figment.

smile

better use of the space, certainly...
especially when viewed in the current vacuum - but that's where i'd stop ;)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
OK, after close examination, here's my take:

The "Play" Pavilion is going to be like when in Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ralph and Vanellope visited Oh My Disney website. And so, entering the pavilion, you'll be transported to various Disney web apps/sites.

As far as the interior design goes:
  • there's a sunken mini-ampitheater facing a stage. Looks like there are dancers and Vanellope and a guitarist on stage
  • the light globes all have circuit board designs... again, signs we'll be in the internet
  • the sky is a star field (I hope that will lead to an active one with cool projections)
There are characters walking around:
  • Mickey
  • Tinkerbell
  • Vanellope
  • Olaf
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Nick
Whether they'll be M&Gs or walk-arounds or even there at all is unknown. Obviously, there won't be a four inch Tinkerbell buzzing around you.

There are two characters represented as toys being held by a child
  • Plush Mickey
  • Buzz Lightyear
Then are the building frontages going from left to right:
  • Edna Mode Emoji
    • no other text, so, maybe it's an Edna or Incredibles M&G?
    • or maybe an interactive costume place with touch pads to create costumes or mirrors to overlay costumes?
  • Dance Dance
    • Goofy, Mickey, and Donald are dancing characters on the sign
    • there is a colored wall of blocks similar to a Candy Crush game
    • so, either its probably a dancing game place, or, just has a dance floor with lights as in the disco floor of Staying Alive
  • Cinema
    • emoji of Marie on the front
    • what looks like a big "D" at the top of the tower... wonder what that could stand for????
    • And a big play button at the ground floor
    • so, guessing it will be a place to see movies, shorts, cartoons, etc...
  • Let's Play with Exclamation Point icons
    • maybe some sort of gaming room
  • Wedway
    • nothing of note on the front of the building, but coming out of the right side is a big tube on the ground floor and the monorail above it
    • a demonstration of motion, or an actual (kiddie) mini-ride?
  • Hotel with sleeping Joy emoji
    • I'm guessing a nap place or quiet lounge

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

OK, after close examination, here's my take:

The "Play" Pavilion is going to be like when in Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ralph and Vanellope visited Oh My Disney website. And so, entering the pavilion, you'll be transported to various Disney web apps/sites.

As far as the interior design goes:
  • there's a sunken mini-ampitheater facing a stage. Looks like there are dancers and Vanellope and a guitarist on stage
  • the light globes all have circuit board designs... again, signs we'll be in the internet
  • the sky is a star field (I hope that will lead to an active one with cool projections)
There are characters walking around:
  • Mickey
  • Tinkerbell
  • Vanellope
  • Olaf
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Nick
Whether they'll be M&Gs or walk-arounds or even there at all is unknown. Obviously, there won't be a four inch Tinkerbell buzzing around you.

There are two characters represented as toys being held by a child
  • Plush Mickey
  • Buzz Lightyear
Then are the building frontages going from left to right:
  • Edna Mode Emoji
    • no other text, so, maybe it's an Edna or Incredibles M&G?
    • or maybe an interactive costume place with touch pads to create costumes or mirrors to overlay costumes?
  • Dance Dance
    • at least, that's what I think the sign says
    • there are three dancing characters on the sign
    • there is a colored wall of blocks similar to a Candy Crush game
    • so, either its probably a dancing game place, or, just has a dance floor with lights as in the disco floor of Staying Alive
  • Cinema
    • emoji of Marie on the front
    • what looks like a big "D" at the top of the tower... wonder what that could stand for????
    • And a big play button at the ground floor
    • so, guessing it will be a place to see movies, shorts, cartoons, etc...
  • Let's Play with Exclamation Point icons
    • maybe some sort of gaming room
  • Wedway
    • nothing of note on the front of the building, but coming out of the right side is a big tube on the ground floor and the monorail above it
    • a demonstration of motion, or and actual (kiddie) mini-ride?
  • Hotel with sleeping Joy emoji
    • I'm guessing a nap place or quiet lounge
ThemeparkXplain Analysis

brb1006

Because it looks like a containment zone for a bunch of characters and could very well be a solution to the "Management wants Inside Out in Epcot somewhere" problem that doesn't involve killing Figment.
Figment was so popular that when the original attraction got replaced with "Journey Into Your Imagination" for a brief period. There was a couple of fansites dedicated to bringing back Figment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom