News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

TiggerDad

I am extremely sad future world won't exist in the future. I hope World Show Case continues and expands. However one has to ask how could future world have survived if we can't tell the real update story of Energy. The Energy Pavilion should have been updated based on the advances made in US energy production. Instead of telling the real story which is not politically correct we lose the Pavilion. Walt would have updated the Pavilion telling the story of how fracking had led to the USA becoming Energy Independent and made us the worlds leader energy producer and exporter. The problem is the current Walt Disney Company can't do that because it's not politicallycorrect. It's the same reason they cant make a movie like "A Wrinkle in Time" or Narnia correctly and cnn profitably. The leadership of thos company from the top has shown political correctness is the wrong way to go. This does not me aw n everything they do is wrong but they need to get passed this PC BS and as go for things like R rated Deadpool and shows on the cutting edge.
They were going to, but they couldn't figure out how to simulate all of the earthquakes that result from the fracking....

Bender123

Okay I will bite. Why?
Why does Epcot need rides?

They are getting a new coaster to replace Energy, just got revamped Space, and Soarin. Plus they are getting a much needed update to SSE. Then in WS we got Frozen, have mexico, adding Rat and still supposedly getting UK ride of some kind. Plus there is still the chance, granted slim of a ride with the new Brazilian pavilion.

Don't you think they also need attractions that are NOT rides? When Innovations was at its best, that to me is some of what we are seeing here with WoL. Maybe even better. And they are doing this to free up the spine for much needed greenery and space.

I have no issues with this decision vs. status quo.

Im kind of laughing at many of the comments...Its like they forget that most of the attractions in the original Epcot were not rides. Heck...the original WoL had one ride and a huge area of hands on playground/activities. Innoventions was all activities. Imageworks were as well. Just such a weird angle to take...

Epcot does need rides, but they also need activities, diversions and shows. Not every announcement needs to be an E ticket to make a positive impact.

SirLink

Okay I will bite. Why?
Why does Epcot need rides?

They are getting a new coaster to replace Energy, just got revamped Space, and Soarin. Plus they are getting a much needed update to SSE. Then in WS we got Frozen, have mexico, adding Rat and still supposedly getting UK ride of some kind. Plus there is still the chance, granted slim of a ride with the new Brazilian pavilion.

Don't you think they also need attractions that are NOT rides? When Innovations was at its best, that to me is some of what we are seeing here with WoL. Maybe even better. And they are doing this to free up the spine for much needed greenery and space.

I have no issues with this decision vs. status quo.

The ones you mentioned are subpar to ones they replaced, as well no more countries should be needed to be added to WS until the existing lot get attractions focusing on culture. The "RAT: The Lack of hygiene inspectors" ride should not be given a pass in that respect either. Instead people should want this park to feel dramatically different from the other parks - how do you do that?:
  • No movie IPs
  • No corporate mascots like Mickey
  • focus on learning "This is what this feels like" and "This is where we where we were, now and the future"
  • Removal of festivals.
Plus the only way for FP+ to work for Epcot requires it to have more relevant rides to be able to get rid of a tiered system.

Phicinfan

The ones you mentioned are subpar to ones they replaced, as well no more countries should be needed to be added to WS until the existing lot get attractions focusing on culture. The "RAT: The Lack of hygiene inspectors" ride should not be given a pass in that respect either. Instead people should want this park to feel dramatically different from the other parks - how do you do that?:
  • No movie IPs
  • No corporate mascots like Mickey
  • focus on learning "This is what this feels like" and "This is where we where we were, now and the future"
  • Removal of festivals.
Plus the only way for FP+ to work for Epcot requires it to have more relevant rides to be able to get rid of a tiered system.
Why? Why should they?

First and foremost I am not a huge fan of Epcot, so I do respect some are, and greatly miss what Epcot was. So if that is the issue, fine I can see your point of view.

Secondly, You can't just build a park in rides, and I fully disagree every single pavilion must have a ride, specific to it's culture. If that were to be done we would have X C or B rated rides. I would much rather have more significant additions, and while YOU don't seem to like Rat ride, I personally am looking forward to it.

The day of Epcot being Epcot center are long dead, just at @marni1971 . I have no issue with IP if it seems to fit(granted Frozen doesn't), but Rat does. Until we know for sure UK ride is, I will hold judgement.

I also agree that Future world is no more, I have no idea what it will be called with WoL playland and GotG roller coaster. I am thrilled though in the fact they seem to be refocussing on that area and opening up the cement Jungle.

Rlandrigan

I’m getting a Disneyland “animation building” vibe from the concept art. I can see it hosting character greetings, interactive activities (similar to the Sorcerer’s workshop), and short movies in a similar format. Not sure this is really anything new other than different IPs
That actually excites me - the Sorcerer's workshop was freaking cool, and my family and i spent an afternoon in that area having a blast. Epcot needs experiential things far more than rides.

yensidtlaw1969

dz8rypwwoaesrnp-jpg.351554

BTW whats with Disney concepts and that "blury glow" that goes up of the buildings???

disneyland-concept-art-marvel-land.jpg

Marvel-Land-Disney-superh%C3%A9ore-750x430.jpg

epcot-future-world-concept-art-tn.jpg

20180227_wds2bn_02.jpg

Alien-Swirling-Saucers-concept-art.jpeg

os-et-disney-sea-expansion-tokyo-frozen-20180614
+

Somebody really like does light efects on Concept Art

MouseMelly

As a mom with young boys... I doubt they’d care if the playground was themed to Cheetah Girls visit Treasure Planet. It’s nice to have a place that they can run around while everyone else sits down. I’m fine with a place for IPs to get thrown up on if I can rest in the A/C. 🤗 Bring it on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom