• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

FigmentJedi

Advertisement
Meh, at least those areas are themed decently (sorry I love the kitchiness of Dinoland. Future World is a miserable, aesthetically unappealing, SSE and the tile mosaic on the Land aside, dump.
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Dinoland and its roadside kitsch, but Dino-Rama's carnival has been dragging it down for years.

jt04

So, got to reading this whole thread...

Like many, I'm happy they are doing something productive with WoL. Overall sounds like a good addition. WDW benefits from these indoor experiences with different options. Not everything needs to be an E-ticket and this can help round out the park better and fill in gaps in a day. I agree with others who pointed out that that side of the park will be more thrilling rides with height restrictions (though the mild side of M:S isn't that bad) so counter balancing that is nice. That said....

The lack of one bigger attraction/ride seems kinda disappointing. The Body Wars show building is there, attached and could be repurposed into some sort of ride if there was a will. I suppose someday something more substantial could still be added, but that rarely seems to happen.

I do like that they are putting in food service. A quick serve of some sort certainly will help.

However, a good argument, I think, is why couldn't they just use Innoventions for this? It seems like West is being torn down, so isn't think kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul? While I'm optimistic this will be a higher quality than the more recent efforts or Innoventions, it doesn't strike me as that drastically different in execution.
I'm assuming the replacements will offer more square footage. Possibly multilevel.

DreamfinderGuy

With that weird Emoji head of Joy and being in the location where Cranium Command sits.......I'm just going to post my concept again that I got a feeling it's gonna happen...
View attachment 351699

Also that Building with the Exclamation Point that says "LET'S PLAY!" Are we to assume Solid Snake is a thing for Disney?😂:hilarious:
I’ve been hearing that the Cranium theatre is getting gutted. But dang I wish that would happen

Casper Gutman

With that weird Emoji head of Joy and being in the location where Cranium Command sits.......I'm just going to post my concept again that I got a feeling it's gonna happen...
View attachment 351699

Also that Building with the Exclamation Point that says "LET'S PLAY!" Are we to assume Solid Snake is a thing for Disney?😂:hilarious:
This would be wonderful and would immediately change my opinion of the whole project. But it’s not going to happen.

Speedy71

Wonders Of Life's been dead since 2007. I'm just glad the pavilion is finally getting revived to the general public besides just for festivals and storage.
See I agree with you when stating that it's been dead for a while. But shouldn't Disney at least try to bring some kind of aspect of wonders. I mean where's the effort? But no let's stick a bunch of Disney characters in there that we know will work like this is MK or something.

DinoInstitute

I'm of the thought that the more they can do to consolidate IP within Epcot, the better.

Granted, I know it will still permeate areas of the park, but I'm glad they went with this approach rather than having such IP-driven entertainment scattered across the park.

It does look aesthetically cool, though.
Exactly, having this type of stuff self-contained into its own little corner of the park is one of the best parts of this announcement, as it will hopefully allow the rest of the park to have a more consistent theme. Even if you don’t intend on ever stepping foot in here, I don’t know how you can’t see this as a net positive for the park.

muddyrivers

I wonder if there’s any possibility we’ll get some tracks from the original area loop in the new play space? Imagine hearing ray lynch or yanni in that dome again! Or at least some hip and trendy remix :/
(And I know they can, they still play celestial soda pop in Tomorrowland!)
I don't think we will see these tracks return. The only reason I say that is when I listen to these tracks and other Wonders BGM, it screams late 80s/early 90s to me. With Disney building a "new" pavilion they will certainly want to avoid playing "old" music that you would have heard walking around the mall in the 90s. Truthfully, I hope I'm completely off the mark here but I don't think that will be the case.

Top Bottom