New HitchHiking Ghosts Coming to WDW

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
come on!!! Im English, I cant seriously be getting an Irony lesson from an American can I :ROFLOL:

Time to deploy one of these...........

you_fail_002.jpg

castevens

A Disney bus driver told me that there would be a fifth gate before August of 2057. You can't be mean to me, my bus driver, or my information until September 2057 comes and proves me to be either correct or wrong.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A Disney bus driver told me that there would be a fifth gate before August of 2057. You can't be mean to me, my bus driver, or my information until September 2057 comes and proves me to be either correct or wrong.

Sure we could...I just choose to believe you. :wave:

castevens

Probably a good decision -- my source has worked there for 3 weeks already. They've probably already let him into the WDI office by now.

RSoxNo1

I was there yesterday and was able to get some pretty good footage of it. To me, it looked great for what it was, a temporary solution while the upgraded the animatronics.

I think doing things like this is a reasonable approach for upgrading other significant animatronics (Yeti) as well. For those that want to see the video I got yesterday, you can see it here.

bgraham34

I am going to ask the bus drivers when I get down there in a little bit to Verify your story. :slurp:

Testtrack321

The problem is that we're too quick to be the first to either turn down or prove information. Instead of discussing the news with it's merits until others came around (Raven did, but there are others too), we instead insulted and tried to be the first to be "right."

I think all parties could have done this better, but I think right now it's the pot calling the kettle black. :shrug:

sublimesting

The problem is that we're too quick to be the first to either turn down or prove information. Instead of discussing the news with it's merits until others came around (Raven did, but there are others too), we instead insulted and tried to be the first to be "right."

I think all parties could have done this better, but I think right now it's the pot calling the kettle black. :shrug:

I actually thought Rum Pirate presented themselves very well and not confrontationally. The first few replies to him were pretty obnoxious. I do wonder at how some of those in vigorous defense of the OP are "just joined".

Oddysey

Exactly what I'm saying. Like I said, when people say a small "rumor" or a tidbit of news they heard. I'm not saying it's true everytime. Yes, I've seen ridiculous rumors because they want to hear reactions. I guess they are very bored people. But things that seem so possible, why not believe until it's proven false? New hitchhiking ghosts I believed. I didn't think
It was set in stone, but I at least gave the news a shot. Why not? Because it wasn't from an "insider"??? If these insiders know everything, then when they tell someone they are wrong, just provide the facts. Don't sit on your high horse and say the news/rumor is wrong because someone found out something before any of them found out.

Why do you keep saying "insiders" (plural). There was only one "insider" that gave the op a hard time. I usually take what that particular person says with a grain of salt anyway because they are always overly cryptic, and hardly provide any detail. Kind of like throwing you know what at a wall until it sticks.

Lee and Martin usually convey the most reliable info (Lee especially) and I hardly ever question anything they say because they have proven themselves as reliable. In fact, without these members on the board we wouldn't have nearly as much info, and wdwmagic would be much less interesting. In short, stop blasting all the "insiders" (plural) because they are great contributors, and most members appreciate them.

Conrad

Why do you keep saying "insiders" (plural). There was only one "insider" that gave the op a hard time. I usually take what that particular person says with a grain of salt anyway because they are always overly cryptic, and hardly provide any detail. Kind of like throwing you know what at a wall until it sticks.

Lee and Martin usually convey the most reliable info (Lee especially) and I hardly ever question anything they say because they have proven themselves as reliable. In fact, without these members on the board we wouldn't have nearly as much info, and wdwmagic would be much less interesting. In short, stop blasting all the "insiders" (plural) because they are great contributors, and most members appreciate them.

Absolutely. This isnt insider bashing for me. Its bashing one poster for being a tool for nothing. Im chuffed to read things from people in the know and from people who know more than me.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Absolutely. This isnt insider bashing for me. Its bashing one poster for being a tool for nothing. Im chuffed to read things from people in the know and from people who know more than me.

That one poster said what he did because he hadn't heard anything, and the OP was starting from square one. Not hard to be doubtful of something be posted that inauspiciously. And the OP already did enough crowing about these temporary changes, so you can hop off the proverbial bandwagon now......

tirian

Sorry about the outburst. I do understand a regular visitor wanting to see the overlay. This is just one area that I'd back up TDO even without them paying me. Not that it's the only area, just one I'm passionate about. And the negativity here I think is occassionally a bit overly harsh.

I know this is OT, but...
I agree. HMH is fun, it's nice in localized DL, and it doesn't need to be at WDW. Generally, I love holiday overlays. I'd love to get Country Bear Christmas back, but it only required a two-day changeover; HMH requires a month. Plus, our Mansion is in 1700s America, while the other two are in timeless New Orleans and Fantasyland. The overlay simply doesn't belong here.

Conrad

That one poster said what he did because he hadn't heard anything, and the OP was starting from square one.......

So in such circumstances do you think the reasonable way to reply is

1) To simply say, "oh, Ive not heard anything and usually I do. I will keep an eye open for this"

or

2) Roll your eyes up, make a sarcastic comment and then when your proven to be wrong dissappear without holding your hands up and apologising to the person to tried to make an idiot out of.

Now....let me think about this

On a more on topic subject.

Has anyone else noticed after unload next to the servants quarters door exit there is a black curtain where the exit door for the "full of fear" hallway should be?

Anyone know more about this? I don't think that door should have had to be widened for wheelchair access to the unload area, the doors look wide enough as it is.

Rob562

Has anyone else noticed after unload next to the servants quarters door exit there is a black curtain where the exit door for the "full of fear" hallway should be?

Anyone know more about this? I don't think that door should have had to be widened for wheelchair access to the unload area, the doors look wide enough as it is.

There is speculation that Disney may be installing a system to load wheelchair Guests into "off-line" ride vehicles and then insert them into the chain of doombuggies at-speed. Disney filed for a patent for such a system a few months ago, and the stretch between Unload and Load is the most likely location (which is also where such a setup was depicted as being in the patent drawings)

Whether it's actually ready to be developed and installed is anyone's guess, though.

-Rob

AEfx

The excuse that Disneyland is only a locals-park and WDW can't bear to replace a Nixon era ride for people from Britian or Ohio just doesn't wash. It's a cheap excuse, that's all.

Actually, it makes perfect sense.

There is no "let's bring the locals in" need at WDW, so the investment is unnecessary. People plan Disneyland trips around seeing the overlay, because going to Disneyland is an easy decision if you live within a few hours of there. People are not going to do the same when it takes thousands of dollars and months of planning for a vacation like most WDW visitors.

It's also the rehab time *every* year they do it. The attraction is down for weeks before *and* after. Disneyland with all their attractions can handle that, Magic Kingdom - not so much. And it makes no sense to do it as a "one time" thing because of all the investment that would need to happen, yet if they do it every year you have a month, month and a half it would have to be down for no good reason in the first place.

I've never seen the film, but I have nothing against it either. If it appeared on one of my WDW trips I'm sure I'd enjoy it. But there is no logical reason for WDW to do it, which is why they haven't. It's not some nefarious plot, it's simply that there isn't a need for it at WDW, and the investment in time and money would be silly when we don't need it for the reasons other parks might.

Flip83

Actually, I do apologize. I didn't mean All insiders. Lee usually is good with information. They've all been decent. But even besides those few that everyone relies on for inside on, many normal folks on here only rely on the "insiders" for their info/rumors, and completely blast away on newcomers or sone random guy. No, I'm not saying believe everything everyone says, but if it seems logical (without people acting like dicks) about a rumor or information then I think people should be able to discuss in a reasonable abd respectable manner. But first instinct to so many on here is to blast someone and make them feel stupid. A lot of guests on here like to discuss rumors, not just make people feel stupid just because they heard something. If it's not true, then provide them with real information. I have no idea why people are so arrogant and ignorant on this site. It's really weird.

So I do apologize, I did keep saying "Insiders", but maybe you understand my point more now. And I hope Raven apologized to whomever started this discussion. That was down right insulting how she acted. And I hope she came back down to earth.

Rum Pirate

Original Poster

Currently, this is being developed into the new queue, where in fact that they are bringing wheelchairs, and ecv's into the building, and the stretch's, personally, I have no problem with wheelchairs, but as far as ecv's go, thats a huge point for me, Im tired of walking around the park, and being run over by these, not to mention, they will tear up the building with those units, the molding's on the ground, and not to mention our ankels! are going to be fair game, as well as the lights on the front!!!!

Its my understanding that there is a new policy in place that is going to widen the doors to accommodate all of these items, (scary) and from the cast members I have spoke to, they are all getting ready for a complete disaster of ankle breaking and ambulance issues all day long, but are most afrade of the damage that will occur to the mansion that is not designed to take a full impact of a ECV:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom