New HitchHiking Ghosts Coming to WDW

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I recently went on the Haunted Mansion yesterday, and if they're just using those projection cartoons but with the mirror, I'd say it's no better than the originals

MotherOfBirds

Wow. Just wow. I leave this thread for a couple days and all hell breaks loose... Could we get back to talking about the HHG's and leave everyone's female relatives out of this? :lol:

I recently went on the Haunted Mansion yesterday, and if they're just using those projection cartoons but with the mirror, I'd say it's no better than the originals

From what we've heard the projections that are going to be implemented are going to be far more advanced than just those seen currently. All were seeing now is an animated work wall.

The new effect is going to be synced with the ride vehicles allowing you to see yourself and the ghosts as you once did. Weather or not the ghosts will remain as they once were but only enhanced or change to a more projection based system is the question of the hour.

Oh, and as far as ECV's go, I'm all for starting a full on petition to have all guests transfer to a standard wheelchair before entering the mansion. I for one HATE EVC's. I have more bruises and scars on my ankles from getting run into when I worked on Main Street. I don't even want to know what would happen if one of them went all wild in the Mansion, especially in the bottleneck area just beyond the stretching rooms. You have to transfer on pirates, it should be acceptable to ask guests to transfer here as well.

MotherOfBirds

Why couldn't wheelchairs and ECV's have gone through the regular queue to begin with? There are no stairs to mess with. It is just because of the cattle herding after the stretch room?

RedWench

Mansion changes

I read on one of my Disney news feeds (yesterland.com) that projectors are already up in the Hitchhiking ghosts section and that the graveyard(s) will be more interactive.

If any other theme park was making a change like this to a fan favorite ride, I would have my doubts, but the imagineers won't let us down. Right now, they use old stage magic and limited animated figures to pull off the Hitchhiking ghost scene. But imagine what they can do with todays technology!! I'm excited to see what they have for us.

Gracy_hm

:)

Can't wait to see it! I will be down in August and I know it will be great! Actually if you look at Marc Davis original concept art for the HITCHHIKING GHOST portion of the attraction they would float in a very similar fashion not the same happy haunts but same movement pattern.

peter11435

Then couldn't they have simply ripped the turnstiles out?
Then what would the guests have done after the stretch rooms. The load area cannot accommodate wheelchairs or ECV's. There is nowhere to park them in the Entrance Hall/Load Area while a guest rides. Guests get off in a different location than the boarded. How do their chairs get over to the unload area? There is no ADA compliant exit from the Load area...

The turnstiles have been gone for about a month now but they still don't allow wheelchairs through the full queue for the reasons stated above.

All of these issues are being addressed in the current enhancements to the Haunted Mansion.

DiPSU224

I just don't see ECV's in the queue as being a good idea at all. Can you imagine being in the stretch room or the bottleneck with an ECV? They could leave the light on, ruining the experience for everyone else, or they might get claustrophobic because they're completely surrounded by standing guests. Worst of all, I'm seeing visions of many, many run-over toes. ECV's are reaaally heavy and believe me, it hurts to be run over by one. Most of those guests don't normally use an ECV and aren't so good at driving them.

Sorry for responding to this particular post over a week later, but....after a week in WDW, I have to say that an ECV couldn't possibly ruin the stretching room experience any more than people already have. I think we experienced HM more than any other attraction the entire week and more than 3/4 of the time, people just continued to scream/yell/talk throughout the entire stretching room. WTH? I don't care if you've been in that stretching room 3 billion times before....be quiet and let others enjoy it. Same with those who feel the need to recite along. Stop it. I didn't come here to hear you do the spiel.

Sorry. It really hit a nerve for me on this trip. I can't wait to see the end result of the hitchhiking ghosts and the queue! I'm only sorry that our trip occurred before all these changes were made.

Tom

Beta Return
Sorry for responding to this particular post over a week later, but....after a week in WDW, I have to say that an ECV couldn't possibly ruin the stretching room experience any more than people already have. I think we experienced HM more than any other attraction the entire week and more than 3/4 of the time, people just continued to scream/yell/talk throughout the entire stretching room. WTH? I don't care if you've been in that stretching room 3 billion times before....be quiet and let others enjoy it. Same with those who feel the need to recite along. Stop it. I didn't come here to hear you do the spiel.

Sorry. It really hit a nerve for me on this trip. I can't wait to see the end result of the hitchhiking ghosts and the queue! I'm only sorry that our trip occurred before all these changes were made.

You are exactly right. I just want to scream "SHUT THE **** UP!" when I'm in theaters, pre-shows or rides at WDW.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Major pet peeve of mine.

CamiLyn227

I agree with you so much! I HATE when people talk unnecessarily during attractions!:shrug:

djkidkaz

http://alexxandmarissaaroundorlando.blogspot.com/2011/03/haunted-mansion-graveyard-construction.html

Thought you guys might enjoy this. This post has some awesome pictures from the other side of the wall!

Enjoy!

-Connor

After seeing those photos, I'm confused. The awning looks like it just goes around the perimeter, but those pics make it look like you could leave the awning area and stand in front of the organ? Is this similar to tiggers bounce place where you can get out of line to interact with the organ or do you actually pass by the front of it? Anyone have a diagram of the path you'll take through the new portion of queue?

Tom

Beta Return
After seeing those photos, I'm confused. The awning looks like it just goes around the perimeter, but those pics make it look like you could leave the awning area and stand in front of the organ? Is this similar to tiggers bounce place where you can get out of line to interact with the organ or do you actually pass by the front of it? Anyone have a diagram of the path you'll take through the new portion of queue?

That's exactly how it appears to me. I see a little railing in front of the organ, you can't can't get too close, but it looks like there are large open areas - probably to offer Pooh-like distractions for the little ones while the parents circle the area in the new covered queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom