New HitchHiking Ghosts Coming to WDW

Rum Pirate

Original Poster
Greetings all, I have been coming here for quite some time now and finally decided to become a member and contribute to the site, Now for the goodies,

Coming soon to WDW Mansion, there will be new Hitch Hiking Ghosts, The new ghosts are part of the Next Gen project so exact description is still currently not available, however during the change over there will be no ride interruption, the are going to scrim over the current ghosts and use a temporary Video Projection while the change-over is under way. Im a big fan of the mansion and am not at all sure how I feel about this change.

I would love to hear the feedback though.... PS they are still working on the Hat Pirate :ROFLOL: Hopefully he will have his hats back soon

Rum Pirate

Original Poster
I completely understand there Testtrack, Here comes another rumor, I can only hope that in time you will see my posts are only made after confirmation from EXTREMELY Solid sources!

S

stphnbogert

Do you know when they're going to start working on this? And do you have any other "inside" information? =D I love getting disney scoop.

harveyt0206

I guess my question is "why"? Why change the Hitchiking Ghosts? The limited Haunted Mansion merchandise that is actually available usually includes some version of Ezra, Phinneas and Gus so it seems like they would be taking away one their most recognizeable marketing tools for the Mansion.

Rum Pirate

Original Poster
Everything is in a state of flux at the moment with the little "indecent" at Tiki Tuesday so Engineering is spread a bit thin for a while

raven

I guess my question is "why"? Why change the Hitchiking Ghosts? The limited Haunted Mansion merchandise that is actually available usually includes some version of Ezra, Phinneas and Gus so it seems like they would be taking away one their most recognizeable marketing tools for the Mansion.

And that answer would be: they aren't changing anything.

Rum Pirate

Original Poster

Details are not forthcoming, but I believe they are going to "enhance" the figures not replace them altogether. They are pretty old figures, what the really need to do is focus on Pirates, that attraction is a Hot Mess

Rum Pirate

Original Poster
So nothing inside the Haunted Mansion is getting changed? I'm confused. :brick: (i know it doesn't take much) lol

Just wait and see, Since i am the Noob on the block, I will just have to wait for the scrim to go up for this to be proven correct :animwink:

JustInTime

I have heard a rumor about the possibility that the ghosts might be "coming home" with you. It was in a recent guest survey. I am thinking it would be some sort of a Hitch-hiking online ghost type deal. Perhaps this is where the rumor came from? Until I get some sort of source, I trust Raven. I like them the way they are.

dweezil78

With today's technology, Disney could do some really amazing things with the Hitchhiking Ghosts concept. Using Kinect-like technology and projections, they could actually make the ghosts recognize where each person is in the vehicle and interact with them in exciting new ways. As long as they keep the ghosts the same, I'm totally up for a next gen re-do!

I was at CES in Vegas this past week and Intel had a little demo of tech exactly like this. Check out this video of it in action -- computer graphics interacting with physical objects. So cool!

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/08/intel-oasis-firetrucks-dragons-and-trains-hands-on/

WDITrent

Rum Pirate, you definitely sound confident and you know what you're talking about. Still, you can understand a bit of doubt on our behalf, as we have heard this rumor before (in some shape and form) and you are a new member, after all. But, like you said, time will tell. Interesting.

Enchantâmes

Greetings all, I have been coming here for quite some time now and finally decided to become a member and contribute to the site, Now for the goodies,

Coming soon to WDW Mansion, there will be new Hitch Hiking Ghosts, The new ghosts are part of the Next Gen project so exact description is still currently not available, however during the change over there will be no ride interruption, the are going to scrim over the current ghosts and use a temporary Video Projection while the change-over is under way. Im a big fan of the mansion and am not at all sure how I feel about this change.

I would love to hear the feedback though.... PS they are still working on the Hat Pirate :ROFLOL: Hopefully he will have his hats back soon
Children mustn't speak lies.

trr1

Everything is in a state of flux at the moment with the little "indecent" at Tiki Tuesday so Engineering is spread a bit thin for a while
hi and welcome to the forum:wave:

what little "indecent" happened did a mammary gland pop out of a shirt or was someone unclothed?:shrug: or do you mean "incident" like the fire?

trr1

Children mustn't speak lies.
here you go
thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom