New HitchHiking Ghosts Coming to WDW

Map7711

Raven

Kinda new to posting here. Can someone tell me what insights Raven has had that went on to be right. I just was curious. I searched his/her posts and didn't find anything of notice. I'm not saying anything negative about him/her-I was just curious.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
pic_17.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Another site that I can't link to posted this photo from the D23 magazine article on Imagineering that shows, in the background, concept art for what appears to be the final HM scene with ghosts around and in the ride vehicle with guests. Anyone get the magazine and have a better/larger photo that can maybe see what's written on the white paper beside the picture?

5488865193_625c105f42.jpg

I scanned it at 1200dpi, but there just aren't enough original pixels to make out the words.

Flip83

I couldn't be happier that all these know-it-alls had there foot shoved in their mouth after this one. Someone tried to pass along information and so many "experts" ripped him a new one. When someone makes a ridiculous rumor that makes no sense, sure, I'd expect a few stabs. But because he's a newbie, everyone blasts him? How is it that unbelievable to think they would update the hitchhiking ghosts? To be honest, my brother and I have said they should do this a while ago. Now with technology, they got it right (it seems). Shame on whoever did that. Like someone else said, I hope it knocks them down a couple pegs. Get off your high horse! If someone has a rumor or information, LET THEM SPEAK. If you have FACTS to prove them wrong, then fine. If you don't, then keep your mouth shut, and let these people enjoy posting things without getting slammed. I understand it's a forum, but my god, it doesn't mean you just blast everything and everyone (if they're not an "insider")

In other news... I can't wait to see the new crypt and new effects this year! It looks great so far

Flip83

Ok, well not AS many people blasted for this as usual. But to get a point across about stop blasting people when people try and post some new info. I've seen so many people get totally hammered, just to put out some info. It's completely uncalled for in a Disney World forum. If you have the facts to prove wrong, then blast away. (but even that should be done respectfully). What I want to know is, why should we listen to Everything these so called "Insiders" say? If they have facts and proof I will believe, if they have info with no backup and seems like something that could happen then I'll wait and see. There is absolutely no reason to blast these people just for speaking up and trying to spread news about the World we all love. This site gradually just gets worse and worse with bitter guests. It's really quite sad.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Ok, well not AS many people blasted for this as usual. But to get a point across about stop blasting people when people try and post some new info. I've seen so many people get totally hammered, just to put out some info. It's completely uncalled for in a Disney World forum. If you have the facts to prove wrong, then blast away. (but even that should be done respectfully). What I want to know is, why should we listen to Everything these so called "Insiders" say? If they have facts and proof I will believe, if they have info with no backup and seems like something that could happen then I'll wait and see. There is absolutely no reason to blast these people just for speaking up and trying to spread news about the World we all love. This site gradually just gets worse and worse with bitter guests. It's really quite sad.

With all due respect, some people do come on here just to post bogus "news" to see what kind of reaction they can get.

Should we all just sit back and let others believe this nonsense and let this site become known for such BS news?

You have to pick and choose what to believe in everyday life.

Past experience is what gives most of us the ability to might wise choices in deciding what is the truth and what is BS.

Unfortunately not everyone who ventures onto this site knows who should be trusted and who is just a troll.

gerryu21220

With all due respect, some people do come on here just to post bogus "news" to see what kind of reaction they can get.

Should we all just sit back and let others believe this nonsense and let this site become known for such BS news?

Past experience is what gives most of us the ability to might wise choices in deciding what is the truth and what is BS.

Unfortunately not everyone who ventures onto this site knows who should be trusted and who is just a troll.

Rumor is not "news" until the rumored event comes to pass. So long as it is treated like a rumor - with a grain of salt - and reported as rumor, there should be no issue. There is also no reason to "hammer" anyone, as Flip83 said. If it is just a rumor, and nothing comes of it - so what? Let it drop or present evidence to the contrary - respectfully. No one should be beaten down just because they "heard" something that may or may not be true or come to pass. If someone is a known troll or trouble maker, report them or ignore them; others will catch onto them in due time. Never assume that a new poster is a troll!

Speculate, discuss, debate, and present evidence when available - but always in a civil manner. Flaming and personal attacks are what the real trolls live for, so DON'T give it to them! And - as in this case - the naysayers will have egg on their faces when the rumor does become news.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Rumor is not "news" until the rumored event comes to pass. So long as it is treated like a rumor - with a grain of salt - and reported as rumor, there should be no issue. There is also no reason to "hammer" anyone, as Flip83 said. If it is just a rumor, and nothing comes of it - so what? Let it drop or present evidence to the contrary - respectfully. No one should be beaten down just because they "heard" something that may or may not be true or come to pass. If someone is a known troll or trouble maker, report them or ignore them; others will catch onto them in due time. Never assume that a new poster is a troll!

Speculate, discuss, debate, and present evidence when available - but always in a civil manner. Flaming and personal attacks are what the real trolls live for, so DON'T give it to them! And - as in this case - the naysayers will have egg on their faces when the rumor does become news.

I'm not a naysayer and I've never hammered anyone....just saying...

No egg here

Flip83

Exactly what I'm saying. Like I said, when people say a small "rumor" or a tidbit of news they heard. I'm not saying it's true everytime. Yes, I've seen ridiculous rumors because they want to hear reactions. I guess they are very bored people. But things that seem so possible, why not believe until it's proven false? New hitchhiking ghosts I believed. I didn't think
It was set in stone, but I at least gave the news a shot. Why not? Because it wasn't from an "insider"??? If these insiders know everything, then when they tell someone they are wrong, just provide the facts. Don't sit on your high horse and say the news/rumor is wrong because someone found out something before any of them found out.

Conrad

I couldn't be happier that all these know-it-alls had there foot shoved in their mouth after this one. Someone tried to pass along information and so many "experts" ripped him a new one. When someone makes a ridiculous rumor that makes no sense, sure, I'd expect a few stabs. But because he's a newbie, everyone blasts him? How is it that unbelievable to think they would update the hitchhiking ghosts? To be honest, my brother and I have said they should do this a while ago. Now with technology, they got it right (it seems). Shame on whoever did that. Like someone else said, I hope it knocks them down a couple pegs. Get off your high horse! If someone has a rumor or information, LET THEM SPEAK. If you have FACTS to prove them wrong, then fine. If you don't, then keep your mouth shut, and let these people enjoy posting things without getting slammed. I understand it's a forum, but my god, it doesn't mean you just blast everything and everyone (if they're not an "insider")

In other news... I can't wait to see the new crypt and new effects this year! It looks great so far

Absolutely. There are ways and means of responding to people. Obnoxiously rolling your eyes up rather than just stating that you'd usually know if something was changing makes you look silly especially if you end up wrong. :)

Conrad

Correct, however smarmy rolling of eyes setts the person up for a big fall. If Raven didnt believe it then he could simply of counter argued in a nice none obnoxious way. It was the very condracending manner followed by the complete dissapearing act once it was found to be true that I find out of order. Anyone with any character would be back on to acknowledge their mistake and perhaps a token apology.

Pumbas Nakasak

Im always surprised at how outraged some new forums members are. It seems like they join purely to be offended, then vocalise how oppressed they are when the motivation behind their posting is questioned.

I must say I have no problem with people posting excreta or anything else for that matter, I do enough of it myself, but I have to say the blind hatred expressed in this thread seems to indicate a lot of envy for certain posters.
Though being experienced in the field I do recognise Troll like behaviour and strange patterns of support groups for certain posters.

Is it school holiday time again already?

Conrad

Im always surprised at how outraged some new forums members are. It seems like they join purely to be offended, then vocalise how oppressed they are when the motivation behind their posting is questioned.

I must say I have no problem with people posting excreta or anything else for that matter, I do enough of it myself, but I have to say the blind hatred expressed in this thread seems to indicate a lot of envy for certain posters.
Though being experienced in the field I do recognise Troll like behaviour and strange patterns of support groups for certain posters.

Is it school holiday time again already?

what part precisely are you dissagreeing with. Someone posted some info, he WAS correct. Someone was sarcastic with him, they WERE wrong. These are the basic facts. Why are we defending someone for being obnoxious who wasd then proven to be wrong? Its not envy, certainly not on my part, I just dont like people who are obnoxious with others then dont have the common decency to acknowledge that they were wrong when it is shown so. Maybe thats just me.

Pumbas Nakasak

You obviously dont do irony, though I suspect my original prognosis is more of a factor. But, isnt the wording of your and other posts just as obnoxious and forthright as the ones you complain about?

I have no problem with the styleeee just the double standards about its use.

But then my life doesn't need the boost of being proven correct to a bunch of no marks on t'internet so perhaps Im not taking it seriously enough.

Conrad

You obviously dont do irony, though I suspect my original prognosis is more of a factor. But, isnt the wording of your and other posts just as obnoxious and forthright as the ones you complain about?

Not at all. I havent rolled my eyes up at anyone nor have I mocked someones information that has then turned out to be correct. I have simply stated that the guy was right and the person who was obnoxious about it was wrong in a factual sense, wrong to post how he did then hasnt even had the decency to hold his hands up. It was merely a comment about that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom