New HitchHiking Ghosts Coming to WDW

Neverland

Same with those who feel the need to recite along. Stop it. I didn't come here to hear you do the spiel.

Admittedly, I was one of those people...... When I was 8. :lookaroun Once I hit my preteen years I realized how incredibly annoying it is. There's always at least one in every stretch room. What actually annoys me more I think is the obnoxious people who purposely shriek at the top of their lungs when the lights go out, because I guess they think it's funny, or cute. There's a scream sound effect built into the show, there's no need to add your own soundtrack.

janoimagine

WTH? I don't care if you've been in that stretching room 3 billion times before....be quiet and let others enjoy it. Same with those who feel the need to recite along. Stop it. I didn't come here to hear you do the spiel.

Sorry. It really hit a nerve for me on this trip. I can't wait to see the end result of the hitchhiking ghosts and the queue! I'm only sorry that our trip occurred before all these changes were made.

Happened to us last trip too, as well as in the pre-show for the Tower of Terror, drives you crazy, and ruins the show.

That and all the DBag's that don't know how to take a picture in the dark without using there flash, next time I get strobed in the eye I will take out my Speedlight, crank it up to +2 and give them the full blast of it right back. Maybe seeing spots for the next 3 hours will make them think twice about doing it again.

It's called common courtesy people, learn to use it.

Rant over. :D

Tom

Beta Return
And.....back to the OT.....

So, what's the current state of things in the final scene of HM? Does it still look exactly like it does in the videos? Black scrims over the alcove and through the mirror hallway?

DonaldDoleWhip

And.....back to the OT.....

So, what's the current state of things in the final scene of HM? Does it still look exactly like it does in the videos? Black scrims over the alcove and through the mirror hallway?
Yep - saw it today. I think it's worse in person since the black curtain was more obvious.

devoy1701

Happened to us last trip too, as well as in the pre-show for the Tower of Terror, drives you crazy, and ruins the show.

That and all the DBag's that don't know how to take a picture in the dark without using there flash, next time I get strobed in the eye I will take out my Speedlight, crank it up to +2 and give them the full blast of it right back. Maybe seeing spots for the next 3 hours will make them think twice about doing it again.

It's called common courtesy people, learn to use it.

Rant over. :D

this was fun on the ToT Passholder event last year though...after we had all ridden about 10 times in a row, it was fun having the entire room reciting the Rod Serling lines. :D

Tom

Beta Return
Yep - saw it today. I think it's worse in person since the black curtain was more obvious.

But you've got to admit, it's one of the better "temporary" setups we've seen in a WDW ride/attraction in a long time.

Better than walls along the 5th dimension hallways at ToT. Better than black tarps in place of falling boulders on BTMRR.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I just hope it's not so cartoony as the temporary ghosts. The old effect continued to baffle new guests and people not in the "know" like us. If they just project it on the glass ala Nemo at the Seas, people will be bored with that quick. VERY nervous about this part of the refurb.

alexxargen

Like I said in the Blog, It looks as if the temp screens have been moved since the original changeover last week. They got worse then they looked better. When they were bad they were very uneven and loose. Now they are up there tighter.

Rum Pirate

Original Poster
After seeing those photos, I'm confused. The awning looks like it just goes around the perimeter, but those pics make it look like you could leave the awning area and stand in front of the organ? Is this similar to tiggers bounce place where you can get out of line to interact with the organ or do you actually pass by the front of it? Anyone have a diagram of the path you'll take through the new portion of queue?

Here how this queue works, the queue will work around all of the interactive objects, the musician, sea captain and poetess, during inclement weather, it will just be under the awnings and the elements will be there if you feel like getting wet LOL

Well thats quite the nifty set up, I'm really starting to like the way this is all coming together. Hopefully I can get over to magic kingdom in the next few days and try for some pictures off the riverboat.

Rum Pirate

Original Poster
From the information that I have seen, the return of the Ghosts that follow you home, will not return as we knew it, there are going to be a projection effect, with cameras that will in fact detect if there are a few of you in the vehicle, if you are wearing mickey ears ETC.. Even detect if you are sitting next to an empty vehicle and they will interact with you and the empty vehicle with additional improvements with RFID as well.

From the information that I have seen, the return of the Ghosts that follow you home, will not return as we knew it, there are going to be a projection effect, with cameras that will in fact detect if there are a few of you in the vehicle, if you are wearing mickey ears ETC.. Even detect if you are sitting next to an empty vehicle and they will interact with you and the empty vehicle with additional improvements with RFID as well.

Hmm... I've been a bit skeptical with this since my trip last weekend, but if these are the supposed changes/improvements, my mind just might be changed. Here's hoping it's as fun as it sounds!

Thanks! :wave:

JustInTime

I hope they don't do the same thing the the Ballroom scene. I love the effects in that room. They could very easily be turned into projections but I hope not.

JustInTime

That is one thing I definitely do NOT want them to do! Don't give them any ideas! :eek:

I agree 100%. With RFID taking off, I could see the desire for all Pepper's Ghost effects to have interacting abilities. Like the ballroom scene. I hope it never happens. It's one of the most classic scenes in the History of theme parks. It's defines Disney Magic better than anything else on property.

I agree 100%. With RFID taking off, I could see the desire for all Pepper's Ghost effects to have interacting abilities. Like the ballroom scene. I hope it never happens. It's one of the most classic scenes in the History of theme parks. It's defines Disney Magic better than anything else on property.

I don't even see how the ballroom scene COULD be interactive... The two men having a shoot out aim their guns at and "shoot" you? The folks on the chandelier throwing their bottles of rum at you and doing a drunken jig for a pretty lady passing by? Deceased musicians flying out of the organ? No, thanks! I rather they not even touch it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom