New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have a strong feeling that the image of this coaster is purely an exaggerated sketch of what will be a rethemed Barnstormer. I truly believe that if the new Fantasyland expansion were to include a new coaster, it would have been announced as a major component (especially to help balance out with all of the princess material) of the project. While I like Dumbo, I am still a little shocked at the fact that this single attraction's upgrade has become a major focus of the expansion, especially considering the new dark ride and the additional meet and greets, buildings and meal locations.

I'm with you on all accounts there. I don't think too much should be read into the concept art of the coaster.

It is strange how a massive E-Ticket isnt really gaining much attention. Even here on the forums it isn't getting much interest.

SirGoofy

I'm with you on all accounts there. I don't think too much should be read into the concept art of the coaster.

Mythbuster didn't the mention art though, he mentioned a corporate email.:shrug:

It is strange how a massive E-Ticket isnt really gaining much attention. Even here on the forums it isn't getting much interest.

Because it's going to be great. The no controversy about it.:lol:

Exprcoofto

I think many of us are already beyond the point of "yes!! we're getting a new e-ticket" to the point of "what else will there be?" the artwork if very vague. I can't wait to find out more official details. I feel that not everything was announced, we'll see. The coaster seems very puzzling, and they didn't mention it at all.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Mythbuster didn't the mention art though, he mentioned a corporate email.:shrug:

I'm sure there will be an announcement about the coaster at some point. ie. what they are going to do with the Barnstormer. From what WDI said a few days ago, it's most likely going to be rethemed. They also stressed how important that coaster is as a "first coaster" for guests. For me, that takes out the possibility of any loops or anything like that.
Maybe they have plans to do something a bit more elaborate than just a basic retheme. Perhaps an elaborate retheme.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think many of us are already beyond the point of "yes!! we're getting a new e-ticket" to the point of "what else will there be?" the artwork if very vague. I can't wait to find out more official details. I feel that not everything was announced, we'll see. The coaster seems very puzzling, and they didn't mention it at all.

I think the reason that the info isn't forthcoming is that they are currently undecided. That certainly seemed to be the impression they gave. PLenty of time over the coming year for more details to come out.

Like you, cant wait to hear more!

TalkingHead

There's not much to speculate about in terms of the story of the attraction. It's basically your Fantasyland dark ride based on an animated film. Hopefully it will be superior to the other dark rides, but we sorta know what to expect with it, too.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There's not much to speculate about in terms of the story of the attraction. It's basically your Fantasyland dark ride based on an animated film. Hopefully it will be superior to the other dark rides, but we sorta know what to expect with it, too.

It's NOTHING like a Fantasyland dark ride.
This is a massive E-Ticket calibre ride, on the level of Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion. Not at all like a traditional Fantasyland ride. This is something we should be getting very exicted about!

Exprcoofto

I think the reason that the info isn't forthcoming is that they are currently undecided. That certainly seemed to be the impression they gave. PLenty of time over the coming year for more details to come out.

Like you, cant wait to hear more!

Yes exactly. They still have enough time to tweak some things. Maybe the coaster concept left them undecided as to what to do with it. That's probably why inside the concept overview it's only a quick squiggle, and not done out 100%.

This is a massive E-Ticket calibre ride, on the level of Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion. Not at all like a traditional Fantasyland ride. This is something we should be getting very exicted about!

Especially the queue. They were describing it in one of the press conferences and how you would see Eric's giant castle and tide pools around you, and the rock cliffs with water running off. I love that! It will certainly be amazing!!

SirGoofy

Quoted for truth.

Jasonflz

Considering what is planned for that entire area I truly am not surprised. It really has been overshadowed with everything else. Hopefully it really is something that FL needs (along with the expansion).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Considering what is planned for that entire area I truly am not surprised. It really has been overshadowed with everything else. Hopefully it really is something that FL needs (along with the expansion).

Yep. For me, regardless of whether you can find anything that interests you in the new Fantasyland, at the very least, we have a new $100 million E-Ticket. I believe this will become one of those must ride attractions on each visit to the MK.

Jasonflz

Yep. For me, regardless of whether you can find anything that interests you in the new Fantasyland, at the very least, we have a new $100 million E-Ticket. I believe this will become one of those must ride attractions on each visit to the MK.

:) Fortunately. Judging by the concept art, the entire area looks far bigger than it was during the Toontown years. TLM also holds some promise as becoming another classic.

(but I guess we will all just have to wait and see)

MiklCraw4d

Eric Jacobson said something about upgrades to IASW & PPF.

He was only talking about the upgrades and regularly scheduled rolling maintenance that has already happened or are constantly underway. After all, IASW has received a huge update in recent years, and most of the facades in FL west have received extensive maintenance. The point was, they wouldn't be undertaking any major facelift for the area since they're always working on it anyway. So, no upgraded dark rides which makes me sad.

Hmm.. guess I need to listen to it again. The work on IASW was done before our August trip, so why would he be mentioning it if it's already done?

Because I asked if they'd be fixing up FL west to match the quality of the new area, and he was saying they'd already plussed it.

any new coaster or AL upgrade would be awesome!

I'm not usually "that guy", but I disagree. The Temple du Peril/Raging Spirits is a notoriously uncomfortable, short, and unpleasant ride. I'd rather keep those pads open for something worthwhile.

As for Indy, I'd rather have it in the Studios. I'd love something new and innovative in Adventureland.

That being said, I could easily see us sending the Barnstormer over to Hong Kong Disneyland for a Toy Story Land retheme while we get a new ride.

They were pretty clear that they're keeping the Barnstormer. I was also told that the design on Toy Story Land was finalized, so I doubt we'll see any last-minute changes.

These might be it.

That's the Indy plot at Disneyland Paris...

I really think that WDW is removing the Barnstomer and replacing it with a new coaster. It is needed and a new thrill ride for Fl would attract more people to MK and boost attendance for WDW as a whole.

jt04

I really think that WDW is removing the Barnstomer and replacing it with a new coaster. It is needed and a new thrill ride for Fl would attract more people to MK and boost attendance for WDW as a whole.

Nah, the more I think about it the more I'd hate to see a thrill ride in the new FL.

They have 3 other theme parks, no need to have every land have something that appeals to everyone. It's just counterproductive. AL or TL is a different story IMO. A looping coaster in the style of raging spirits would be nice in either of these lands. Or AK or DHS.

SirGoofy

Nah, the more I think about it the more I'd hate to see a thrill ride in the new FL.

They have 3 other theme parks, no need to have every land have something that appeals to everyone. It's just counterproductive. AL or TL is a different story IMO. A looping coaster in the style of raging spirits would be nice in either of these lands. Or AK or DHS.

I think it would be really neat to have a small looping coaster in Fland though. They talk about having Barnstormer being a "first coaster" type, how great would it be to have a "first looping coaster" type in Fland to go along with it? Nothing too intense, but a nice little lopper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom