New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

Lee

Adventurer
So Lee, is it dwarves, or not?
No.
I'm told the Dwarves coaster is a no-go.

I'm getting a lot of info at the moment.
Let me sort through it and then comment more.

UPDATE: Consensus I'm getting is a re-themed Barnstormer, but not Dwarves. Art may not be completely accurate as to location.

Lee

Adventurer
Heres a lanch type coaster they are building in Toy Story Land in HKDL
I don't think that one is launched. It's really just a themed Half-Pipe coaster.
250px-HalfPipeSFEG.jpg

RadioHead

I always thought Walt Disney wanted to keep his park frequently updated. No offence but I think that all of our so called "classics" would've been replaced a LOOOOONNNG time ago.....except COP.

DocMcHulk

Nope.
Look closely at the concept art (not the blueprints).
Info I get is that the art is what we are getting, the blueprints being an earlier version. Notice how there is no Barnstormer, Dumbo is in it's area.
Then, look west of Dumbo.
I caught that when the artwork was first released. I assumed it was a Phase 2 addition or something announced. All the talk about "look how dumbo is wedged" didnt seem to fit.

Exprcoofto

I just don't see that Barnstormer would be able to stay in its current location, there simply isn't enough room for two Dumbos. (the speedway is in that area) And I don't see them really moving Barnstormer when they could build an entire NEW coaster.

A loop in a coaster inside Fantasy Forest would bring people into there though, and once there they would want to check out the rest of the area. Sounds like a good idea, but I don't see it happening.

The next several years will be interesting... rumors floating around about a ride/show in Pixie Hollow, this mysterious coaster....

_Scar

True.

Anybody know how big the Raging Spirits coaster is?

I know there was talks about bringing it to WDW.

Such a beautiful exterior with the mist and water, one can only wish our ALand will be graced with this.

Have you guysever thought of a river rapids ride to cool off in that hot Florida sun. Since this is FLand, how about Peter Pan and Hook rapids or maybe even PatF. You barely get wet on Splash, so they need one where you get absolutely soaked. I've never seen Tink, but maybe she can even work here too!

SirGoofy

Yup, and he said upgrades, not maintence.

"were constantly updating the underside of Fantasyland uhh I think Peter Pan and umm one of the other facades it's a small world are under going major redos (coughs) treatments this year. Its part of our on going maintenance, but were always trying to make them better than they were before, so our guests will be delighted then they were before we took them down."

IASW just came back up from it.:shrug:

Exprcoofto

"were constantly updating the underside of Fantasyland uhh I think Peter Pan and umm one of the other facades it's a small world are under going major redos (coughs) treatments this year. Its part of our on going maintenance, but were always trying to make them better than they were before, so our guests will be delighted then they were before we took them down."

IASW just came back up from it.:shrug:

Hmm.. guess I need to listen to it again. The work on IASW was done before our August trip, so why would he be mentioning it if it's already done?

He did say "under going major redos" and the work recently done on IASW was not major.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom