New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

SirGoofy

But, to most people who actually subscribe to forums about Disney parks, going off theme is a sin. We all see Epcot fans.... they are blood thirsty. I guess with DCA it's just a :shrug: and forget about it.

I really don't think they're going off theme too much at all.

jt04

But, to most people who actually subscribe to forums about Disney parks, going off theme is a sin. We all see Epcot fans.... they are blood thirsty. I guess with DCA it's just a :shrug: and forget about it.

Thet are not going off theme. Nice try.

sponono88

The Little Mermaid is a princess.... there are no princesses in America. Obviously a European ride. Radiator Springs is said to be in Arizona, not in California. World of Color has absolutely nothing to do with anything, it's a random Disney show.

Radiator Springs is based on Route 66/Desert which does have a connection to the California theme. Regardless of whether or not you think it fits the theme, it will have one of Disney's most immersive E-Ticket rides that will even surpass TLM . Say what you want about it... you can't deny the fact that Radiator Springs Racers will be some of WDI's best work.

and you obviously don't know anything about WoC if you simply dismiss it as some random Disney show.. :lol:

The Conundrum

Nope.
Look closely at the concept art (not the blueprints).
Info I get is that the art is what we are getting, the blueprints being an earlier version. Notice how there is no Barnstormer, Dumbo is in it's area.
Then, look west of Dumbo.

I believe that is the barnstormer exagerated in the art

Atomicmickey

Given the overall "younger theming", I speculate that it's barnstormer--or
a beginners roller coaster of some type.

I would suspect that a looping coaster would have too high of a height
requirement. Not to mention scaring the willies (and the Mickey Bars) out of the little kiddies.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The name for the new Fantasyland expansion area is being called Fantasy Forest. Jay said there will be many more surprises for the area and also a coaster announcement. I guess he still wants to keep some secrets about the new area.

Well, better than anything referring to pixies or princesses I suppose....

_Scar

Radiator Springs is based on Route 66/Desert which does have a connection to the California theme. Regardless of whether or not you think it fits the theme, it will have one of Disney's most immersive E-Ticket rides that will even surpass TLM . Say what you want about it... you can't deny the fact that Radiator Springs Racers will be some of WDI's best work.

and you obviously don't know anything about WoC if you simply dismiss it as some random Disney show.. :lol:

I'm following WoC the most out of all these updates. I'm fascinated with this show and have been lobbying for it to come to DAK, it's amazing. But when I'm arguing DCA's theme, WoC has nothing to do with California. Mermaid is a story based in Europe, and not an aquarium in California. Cars is strongly rumored to be in Arizona. The main conflict for ightning in the movie is that he is NOT in California where he should be, in fact, he's hours off course. The last scene of the movie's big race is set in Emeryville, CA. They make that very clear, however RS is not.

WDWFigment

:eek:

How dare them give the people what they want!:lol:

I think this should be the top priority at DCA (making it something people want to experience) to draw crowds to the parks. I agree with Scar, in that these three attractions (save World of Color, as I thought that was supposed to tie in with the "childhood Walt" spin...is that the case? I could very well be wrong on that) don't fit extremely well.

Cars is set on Route 66 in the vicinity of Arizona and New Mexico. As far as general setting goes, I'll give that a pass on being 'close enough' to California as the movie has several details that were inspired by California. However, as an entire land, "Cars" has more to do with Pixar and the Cars franchise than it has to do with California. I have no problem with loose theming especially when it gets people into the park, but to call Carsland strong theming for DCA is pushing it.

Little Mermaid is not set in California. California is proximated next to the Pacific Ocean and Little Mermaid is set in an ocean...that's about the extent of the similarities so far as I see them. I would consider that pretty loose.

At the end of the day, DCA desperately needs to lure guests. These three attractions do just that, albeit with loose theming. What's the harm in that? Supporters of the expansion shouldn't crouch their argument in these attractions fitting the theme of DCA, but in these attractions being extremely positive for DCA. No reason to defend on an off-base rationale when an exceedingly good rationale exists for the inclusion of these attractions.

Now...to tie this to the Magic Kingdom and Fantasyland. The Magic Kingdom, and Fantasyland in particular, are already extremely popular. There is no sense in compromising theme to draw guests. There is no need to draw, so build attractions that fit the theme, and work well in Fantasyland.

Personally, I think any coaster that's more intense (or any attraction more intense) than Barnstormer is a bit too much (not necessarily thematically, but just as a general proposition).

SirGoofy

I'm following WoC the most out of all these updates. I'm fascinated with this show and have been lobbying for it to come to DAK, it's amazing. But when I'm arguing DCA's theme, WoC has nothing to do with California.

You're saying it doesn't fit in DCA...but you want it in DAK?

Yea. That makes sense.:lol:

Lee

Adventurer
I believe that is the barnstormer exagerated in the art
Based on what the emails raining into my inbox tell me....that's likely correct or close to it.
Barnstormer (as it is now) will not remain. It will get (at minimum) a new theme.
I apologize for any confusion I may have caused with an earlier post. I got some bad info from a questionable source.:shrug:

SirGoofy

Based on what the emails raining into my inbox tell me....that's likely correct or close to it.
Barnstormer (as it is now) will not remain. It will get (at minimum) a new theme.
I apologize for any confusion I may have caused with an earlier post.

:(

Maaaannn.

I got some bad info from a questionable source.:shrug:

Don't you hate it when that happens?

The Conundrum

I'm with you on all accounts there. I don't think too much should be read into the concept art of the coaster.

It is strange how a massive E-Ticket isnt really gaining much attention. Even here on the forums it isn't getting much interest.

because its a clone of a DCA attraction that will be open for over a year by the time it debuts at WDW. It will be old news by then :snore:

_Scar

You're saying it doesn't fit in DCA...but you want it in DAK?

Yea. That makes sense.:lol:

That's why I added that BUT. It's clear WoC doesn't fit in DAK, but it still is an amazing show (or at least seems like one). They can maybe make it more animal-ier, but that's beside the point. I was arguing for DCA going off theme. You can't argue WoC fits California at all.

WDW Vacationer

That's why I added that BUT. It's clear WoC doesn't fit in DAK, but it still is an amazing show (or at least seems like one). They can maybe make it more animal-ier, but that's beside the point. I was arguing for DCA going off theme. You can't argue WoC fits California at all.

I can!

It is based off of Disney films and features clips from the films.

The films are made in California.:wave::D

EPCOT Explorer

Love all the talk about what's going in, what's going on, but Fantasy Forrest?

Ew.

Really don't like that. Cheapens the name. It should ALL be Fantasyland. It's more iconic that way.

Otherwise...Two lands with the same theme? Seems clunky.

Eh, a rose by any other name, I suppose....

Agreed...for that western plot.
But....there is another spot where balloon tests were done a couple years ago...:D
Ah, the infamous Ballon tests. :D

Think we will get any for this expansion? Or have they been done?
Indiana Jones > Up

As for the other plot, I don't remember where the test was. I just remember there being a hoopla about it.
Hoopla?:lookaroun

sponono88

I'm following WoC the most out of all these updates. I'm fascinated with this show and have been lobbying for it to come to DAK, it's amazing. But when I'm arguing DCA's theme, WoC has nothing to do with California. Mermaid is a story based in Europe, and not an aquarium in California. Cars is strongly rumored to be in Arizona. The main conflict for ightning in the movie is that he is NOT in California where he should be, in fact, he's hours off course. The last scene of the movie's big race is set in Emeryville, CA. They make that very clear, however RS is not.

I have to ask.. why are you bringing all of this up now? The DCA expansion plans were announced over 2 yrs ago :lol:

I already explained the Carsland/California connection. We could be here all night arguing about theme.. I'm not gonna do that.

Now back to Fantasy Forest :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom