New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

sponono88

I've read here, :lookaroun, that it will use perspective to its advantage. So, Cindy's Castle I'm guessing. :cry: Still looks nice though, and I hope it's a bit bigger than the Storyland Canal replicas.

Totally off topic but something has been seen on Orlando's horizon...

potterrrr1.jpg

Beast's castle... why couldn't you be this grand?

But the concept art makes it seem as if the restaurant will be located in the mountain part that the castle sits on.:shrug:

In addition to the restaurant, it would be nice if they added the Beast's library (from DCA) as an additional room in the castle.

[youtube]dDmmlKt9f-A[/youtube]

2515158963_43784914fa.jpg

_Scar

In addition to the restaurant, it would be nice if they added the Beast's library (from DCA) as an additional room in the castle.

[youtube]KbDdmO0eX9Y[/youtube]

I suspect we will see that room's effect in the West Wing area of the restaurant. And yes, I did know Beast's castle was not going to be lifesize.

The Conundrum

No, anything could happen down the line. But it's my experience with Disney that when things get cut they don't tend to be added back down the line. ... That's why the current nothing rehab of Space Mountain bothers me. Because it really is gonna be a what you see is what you get deal for a very looooooooooong time.

yup. Just as I said about SSE. Do not expect any changes for at least ten years.

I really enjoy DCA (but again I also enjoy HKDL and DSP too). I try and be fair in my criticisms as well.

HEATHEN

To read some fanboi posts, you'd think DCA is total crap and it is far from it ... and it wasn't crap on Day 1 either. It just wasn't nearly what it should have been.

DCA was a half baked idea created by Eisner, Pressler, and Braverman in the span of an hour at some holiday retreat. The complete opposite of Epcot Center's conception which was a passion project or Tokyo Disneysea which was OLC's commitment to give their guests an out of this world experince.

I agree with you on a great many things but I will never agree on this matter and I will never forgive them for trying to pull a fast one on their customers. Even as it is they will be lucky to get me and my family to visit DCA for the first time in 2012 and thats only if they don't cheap out on the new enterance, mermaid, and carsland. Even the sligthest hint of a budget cut will get me running in the other direction (into Disneyland's loving embrace)

sponono88

[youtube]dDmmlKt9f-A[/youtube]

I suspect we will see that room's effect in the West Wing area of the restaurant. And yes, I did know Beast's castle was not going to be lifesize.

I'm sure they will do some sort of transformation, maybe we'll end up seeing a similar effect. Do we know if the other castle will be full-size? I'm not sure who's castle it is..:lookaroun the pink one. looks pretty big in the concept art

_Scar

I'm sure they will do some sort of transformation, maybe we'll end up seeing a similar effect. Do we know if the other castle will be full-size? I'm not sure who's castle it is..:lookaroun the pink one. looks pretty big in the concept art

Cinderella's and I'm pretty sure it will be massive considering she's the headliner princess here, and there is a large show room-like building in the back of it (or as least it seems)

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1974

TWDC couldn't have justified spending that much on a second gate in Anaheim to its shareholders and Wall Street (rightly or wrongly) for starters. The reason Westcot (the worst name for a potential park ever) didn't get built in large part was cost.

This is BS. You would think after the sucess of Disneyland, MK, Epcot Center, etc. they could justify whatever they wanted when it came to a second park! DIsney had plenty of money to build a tokyo disneysea calibur park OLC doesn't have anywhere near the deep pockets.

No, it's not BS. You may not like it, but Disney couldn't have justified spending billions in Anaheim. DCA was built in a different era. One where Disney had to answer to shareholders (many institutional investors who believe theme parks are a bad business to be in to start with) and Wall Street. Having money and being able to spend it in anyway just isn't how major corps are run.

OLC plays by an entirely different set of rules. And, even they have limits. Ask Eddie Sotto where his Sci-Fi City Tomorrowland for TDL went ... I'll tell you right now, it went to TDS. That's why TDL, for all its greatness, has a 1971 MK T-Land with a few 'updated' areas like Star Tours/Pizza Port and the recently opened Monsters: Ride and Go Seek.

Its pretty funny that they couldn't justify the money back then but they can justify it now. The new rides and theming coming to DCA will match or even eclipse anything offered in Tokyo.

They don't have a choice now. The park was barely treading water, and while it was extending out of towners stays at DLR, that wasn't enough.

I could also argue that if DCA 2001 opened with just a bit more $$$ ... if Golden Dreams was the AA type show envisioned, if the park had a nicer weenie like the Golden Spire (boy, that can be taken soooo many ways:D), if Tim Delaney didn't have his budget slashed for PP, if the park opened with ToT and Armegeddon (both originally slated for Phase II development around 2006), if Superstar Limo didn't get slowed down and dumbed down by Princess Di's death, if they had embraced the APers instead of alienating them, if the park had the infrastructure for a lagoon show to begin with ... etc ... I am not sure whether the park would be in need of the extreme makeover it is getting.

As to the new attractions, they sure look good. But we'll see ... and I don't view things as a competition. I'm not looking for DCA to out-do TDL. I'm looking for all the parks to be as good as they can be.

Pretty funny that while California will be enjoying Star Tours II, Carsland, and Little Mermaid lavish e-tickets Tokyo disney will be getting.....a clone of toy story mania and a cinderella diorama

TDL and TDS will fare just fine. TSMM is a quality attraction and will be themed to the nth degree (take a look at what Turtle Talk looks like in TDS) and the Cinderella walk-thru is more than a diorama. There also are other things on the horizon for both Tokyo parks.

WDW1974

Quote:
I really enjoy DCA (but again I also enjoy HKDL and DSP too). I try and be fair in my criticisms as well.

Have you set foot in DSP? Have you set foot in any of the above parks?

If you're going to criticize something, then you should at least experience it and not let the Internet tell you what you should or shouldn't like.

I am extremely critical of Disney ... and have been on all of the parks above. But my criticism is fair and balanced because I've experienced what they FEEL like. And I understand plenty about the circumstances that led them to exist in the states they do.

Quote:
To read some fanboi posts, you'd think DCA is total crap and it is far from it ... and it wasn't crap on Day 1 either. It just wasn't nearly what it should have been.
DCA was a half baked idea created by Eisner, Pressler, and Braverman in the span of an hour at some holiday retreat. The complete opposite of Epcot Center's conception which was a passion project or Tokyo Disneysea which was OLC's commitment to give their guests an out of this world experince.
The park was created by many folks and it took more than an hour. Your hyperbole puts me in an uncomfortable position of defending Disney where I really don't want to. But you come off like a simplistic fanboi when you make some statements. EPCOT Center came about in a very different time and under different circumstances. And TDS was built and funded by another corporation. You can't compare DCA to them.
I agree with you on a great many things but I will never agree on this matter and I will never forgive them for trying to pull a fast one on their customers. Even as it is they will be lucky to get me and my family to visit DCA for the first time in 2012 and thats only if they don't cheap out on the new enterance, mermaid, and carsland. Even the sligthest hint of a budget cut will get me running in the other direction (into Disneyland's loving embrace)
You don't have to agree with me. But take some well-intentioned advice: learn to think for yourself by experiencing things instead of letting others do so for you. DCA is a quality Disney park today ... and only getting better. Sometimes, you need to open the mind and expand the horizons. Being a whiny fanboi who's not happy because he didn't get TDS won't do much for you. Things can surprise you. I was programmed to hate the AIE because I don't watch the show and don't like that kind of programming. But I went, experienced it and realized that a lot of money and quality went into it. I didn't let the Internet and my own biases blind me to the fact it is very well-done and a quality addition to a park desperate for them.
I had heard how great DLP was before my first visit. And it was. But it didn't blind me to how badly the park was falling apart in many areas.
I had heard how tiny and lacking HKDL was before I visited. But I went with an open mind and was immediately taken in by its beauty, charm, details, quality show, great cast and ... yeah ... potential.
I don't know how one can call themselves a Disney parks fan and got to DL, but not go to DCA (unless you only have a day, obviously!)
You have no idea what kind of park DCA is because you refuse to give it a chance and you let others convince you that it is crap when it is far from it.
I have news for you. If you think that it 2-3 years that DCA will somehow equal TDS (which you also haven't been to, right?) then you'll likely be and moaning down the road as well.
I believe in experiencing things before I rip them ... but that's just me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom