New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

TalkingHead

Yes exactly. They still have enough time to tweak some things. Maybe the coaster concept left them undecided as to what to do with it. That's probably why inside the concept overview it's only a quick squiggle, and not done out 100%.

Especially the queue. They were describing it in one of the press conferences and how you would see Eric's giant castle and tide pools around you, and the rock cliffs with water running off. DCA won't have that ;) It would certainly be amazing!!

I expect the queue and ride will be impressive, too. But I'm going to wait and see how it turns out before I fall in love with it. $100 million budget doesn't say anything, either, knowing how WDI apparently burns through money.

Do I expect it to be better than the run-of-the-mill FL dark ride? Yes! But will it have the excitement of a ride based on an original story? Have to wait and see 'bout that.

sponono88

Especially the queue. They were describing it in one of the press conferences and how you would see Eric's giant castle and tide pools around you, and the rock cliffs with water running off. DCA won't have that ;) It would certainly be amazing!!

you're right, DCA won't have that because thematically it just wouldn't fit. Placing Eric's Castle in a 1920s pier wouldn't look right. The Victorian seaside dark ride setting is a much more natural fit for Paradise Pier.. Personally I don't like one over the other, they both fit into their respective lands. :shrug:

TalkingHead

I really, really disagree. Indy is the perfect thematic fir for Adventureland. I think we'd really miss out of a perfect fit by putting it in DHS.

If they had announced Indy for MK at D23 instead of FL, I would've been ecstatic. In fact, that would've led me to get an AP. As it is, I'll just continue going once a year when CMs can get me in for free.

SirGoofy

you're right, DCA won't have that because thematically it just wouldn't fit. Placing Eric's Castle in a 1920s pier wouldn't look right. The Victorian seaside dark ride setting is a much more natural fit for Paradise Pier.. Personally I don't like one over the other, they both fit into their respective lands. :shrug:

Remember it's always a competition with some people.:rolleyes:

If they had announced Indy for MK at D23 instead of FL, I would've been ecstatic. In fact, that would've led me to get an AP. As it is, I'll just continue going once a year when CMs can get me in for free.

:lol:

Just wait...I have hopes for AL.

jt04

I think it would be really neat to have a small looping coaster in Fland though. They talk about having Barnstormer being a "first coaster" type, how great would it be to have a "first looping coaster" type in Fland to go along with it? Nothing too intense, but a nice little lopper.

If they have money for a looping coaster there would be about 10 other places at WDW I'd rather see it go than the new FL. It's just not in keeping with what it is they are obviously doing here. Namely a land that caters to families with children under 10. A fantastic refuge from the other hectic areas. I think that is a brilliant strategy. Leave the thrill rides in other areas.

I think it would be really neat to have a small looping coaster in Fland though. They talk about having Barnstormer being a "first coaster" type, how great would it be to have a "first looping coaster" type in Fland to go along with it? Nothing too intense, but a nice little lopper.
I wouldn't mind seeing something on the level of AE or TOT in FL.

_Scar

Mermaids, Radiator Springs, and World of Color don't fit in DCA. We must all deal with that fact and accept the fact that no DLR fan will admit it.

sponono88

Mermaids, Radiator Springs, and World of Color don't fit in DCA. We must all deal with that fact and accept the fact that no DLR fan will admit it.

you're the same guy who's been trolling the Micechat boards, aren't you? :dazzle: as for your post, I won't even bother replying to that.

SirGoofy

Radiator Springs Racers and all of Carsland fits perfectly, it's part of Route 66, part of which was in California.

Mermaid is themed to a aqarium. Fits fine by me.

And I'm confused as to how a nighttime spectacular doesn't fit?:shrug:

_Scar

That is just flat out wrong.

The Little Mermaid is a princess.... there are no princesses in America. Obviously a European ride. Radiator Springs is said to be in Arizona, not in California. World of Color has absolutely nothing to do with anything, it's a random Disney show.

_Scar

you're the same guy who's been trolling the Micechat boards, aren't you? :dazzle: as for your post, I won't even bother replying to that.

LOL, nope. I don't run the same name there. But I do clash with DLR people.

TLM is European not Californian, show is based off nothing from California, Carsland is not a town in California.

Everything in the park has to directly fit to California since most of the park does in fact try to (obciously miserably failed). This exansion is more of what fans want rather than themeing.

jt04

The Little Mermaid is a princess.... there are no princesses in America. Obviously a European ride. Radiator Springs is said to be in Arizona, not in California. World of Color has absolutely nothing to do with anything, it's a random Disney show.

:lol: Funny stuff. I get the joke now.

_Scar

Radiator Springs Racers and all of Carsland fits perfectly, it's part of Route 66, part of which was in California.

Mermaid is themed to a aqarium. Fits fine by me.

And I'm confused as to how a nighttime spectacular doesn't fit?:shrug:

You and me both know they're stretching it. Are you trying to tell me we are in an aquarium and then we go on land? er, WOW... some aquarium...

_Scar

:eek:

How dare them give the people what they want!:lol:

But, to most people who actually subscribe to forums about Disney parks, going off theme is a sin. We all see Epcot fans.... they are blood thirsty. I guess with DCA it's just a :shrug: and forget about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom