New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

jt04

That would be cool ive always wanted them to have a few small rides like this at th Boardwalk.

That was the original plan but I think it got canceled because the rides would have been too close to the hotel rooms. That wouldn't be a problem at DTD.

vonpluto

I'm of the opinion some of the rides could end up scattered around DTD. Barnstormer, old Dumbo system rethemed etc. We heard a lighthouse may be added to DTD, so an old fashioned seaside amusement park theme might be a possibility for the former PI area.

Just a guess though.

Resurrecting the original Boardwalk concept, are we?:sohappy:

imagineer boy

I'm of the opinion some of the rides could end up scattered around DTD. Barnstormer, old Dumbo system rethemed etc. We heard a lighthouse may be added to DTD, so an old fashioned seaside amusement park theme might be a possibility for the former PI area.

Just a guess though.

That would be an interesting idea, but the MK needs a kiddie coaster. A ride for kids to test their nerves on to see if they'd be okay riding BTMRR or SM.

Figment632

That was the original plan but I think it got canceled because the rides would have been too close to the hotel rooms. That wouldn't be a problem at DTD.

Yea now I think it makes more sense for DTD I think it would help DTD a lot to get a small area like that. I know they said the Aladdin spinner was staying in Al but maybe it will go here?

SWatsi

Will Fantasy Forest be considered a seperate land to Fantasyland when it is complete, or a sub-land within Fantasyland. For example when listed on maps etc..

jt04

It looks like it is back near Dumbo so I wonder what the theme will be? Also I wonder why they didnt talk about it at D23?

As some have said, they are still developing the plan.

I love the idea someone had for relocating PPF (new state of the art) dark ride to Pixie Hollow.

I keep saying it but the new area is just incredible. It will have a bigger impact on WDW than AK's debut did if fully developed.

jt04

Will Fantasy Forest be considered a seperate land to Fantasyland when it is complete, or a sub-land within Fantasyland. For example when listed on maps etc..

I think it is the entire area outside the castle walls. Essentially a land with several sub-lands.

When you leave the castle grounds you are entering the forest.

Lee

Adventurer
Seperate area, but may not be "officially" seperate.
Fantasyland proper will include SW, PP, Carousel, IASW, Phil, etc.
Everything else fill be in "Fantasy Forrest".
So I hear....

Lee, is there possibiltes for some attraction in Pixie Hollow (dark ride, show, whatever), and Casey Jr. in Dumbo??
Yes to both....down the road a bit.

MKeeler

Does the new name grate on anyone else, or is it just me?

The Enchanted Forest I can understand. That's what we're used to hearing in fairy tales.

With Fantasy Forest, all I can picture is suits sitting around thinking "Now we have to remind all of our guests that this is still part of Fantasyland. I know it's Fantasy Forest. Fantasyland & Fantasy Forest. Brilliant." :brick:

IlikeDW

If this ties into the info I heard....adios Barnstormer.
Interesting.

It almost looks like they want to keep the identity of this coaster secret or the concept was still in development when the concept art was done, I do not see a que area/building. Unless it is thru the circus tent?

picture.php

RadioHead

Yes, there are quite a few things hard to make out on the concept art. That's why I think everything we have now is very unclear as to what it, or what it will be...

jt04

Does the new name grate on anyone else, or is it just me?

The Enchanted Forest I can understand. That's what we're used to hearing in fairy tales.

With Fantasy Forest, all I can picture is suits sitting around thinking "Now we have to remind all of our guests that this is still part of Fantasyland. I know it's Fantasy Forest. Fantasyland & Fantasy Forest. Brilliant." :brick:

Agreed. I think "Enchanted Forest" is taken.

SirGoofy

I wondered what was up with the coaster in the art. Interesting.

A coaster would certainly quell any qualms I have with this expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom