New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

MiklCraw4d

If this ties into the info I heard....adios Barnstormer.
Interesting.

I asked about this at the press conference, and they said the Barnstormer coaster will remain as-is with a new circus-themed overlay. They said that the coaster is an important "starter" attraction for kids who were too young to ride actual rollercoasters. So it's staying, just with a new name and circus theme.

jt04

I wondered what was up with the coaster in the art. Interesting.

A coaster would certainly quell any qualms I have with this expansion.

I mentioned the looping coaster when the artwork was released but nobody seemed to pick up on it. I think there is a ton of details to be released that will amaze everyone.

SWatsi

Ah ha. Didn't think of the seven lands thing. Always assumed it would be one as the talk is always of "Fantasyland Expansion", rather than new land or retheme. Makes sense now though.

Does the new name grate on anyone else, or is it just me?

The Enchanted Forest I can understand. That's what we're used to hearing in fairy tales.

With Fantasy Forest, all I can picture is suits sitting around thinking "Now we have to remind all of our guests that this is still part of Fantasyland. I know it's Fantasy Forest. Fantasyland & Fantasy Forest. Brilliant." :brick:

I understand that. It does seem strange to have two lands that sound so similar. I guess ultimately it shouldn't make much of a difference for giving\taking directions, if both lands will be unofficially considered one.

SirGoofy

I mentioned the looping coaster when the artwork was released but nobody seemed to pick up on it. I think there is a ton of details to be released that will amaze everyone.

I don't think it's a loop, but I saw you say it, and I for some reason just figured it was a repainted Barnstormer.

Still, exciting news...especially if it's well themed.

Brian_WDW74

Does the new name grate on anyone else, or is it just me?

The Enchanted Forest I can understand. That's what we're used to hearing in fairy tales.

With Fantasy Forest, all I can picture is suits sitting around thinking "Now we have to remind all of our guests that this is still part of Fantasyland. I know it's Fantasy Forest. Fantasyland & Fantasy Forest. Brilliant." :brick:

Perhaps Disney thought that "Enchanted Forest" would mislead guests into thinking that they would be meeting Giselle and other characters from that movie.

vonpluto

A coaster was planned at one time for Boardwalk, but was decided against.
Not gonna happen now.
I have some art at home...will add later.

Wasn't the original Boardwalk concept strictly an amusement area? When we stayed at the BC in '92, and the Boardwalk was just a boardwalk, there was a billboard along there somewhere along there announcing an amusement park.
:)

TalkingHead

I asked about this at the press conference, and they said the Barnstormer coaster will remain as-is with a new circus-themed overlay. They said that the coaster is an important "starter" attraction for kids who were too young to ride actual rollercoasters. So it's staying, just with a new name and circus theme.

People might want to read this post again.

Doesn't sound like it's a new coaster.

Bummer.

Lee

Adventurer
picture.php
You know what it kinda looks like?
A small launched coaster that launches into either a tophat or inversion.
Kinda similar to:
p16473.jpg

Surely not....

dandaman

If the artwork is correct, yes. There is no way to add loops to an existing coaster.

I imagine there'd be a few exceptions... Kings Island removing Son of Beast's loop springs to mind, and it stands to reason that they could put it back in if necessary, but that's on a technicality. (Or they could tear it down like I've heard many clamor for. :lol: )

Also, IIRC, Enchanted Forest is a small family park somewhere in the northwest (Oregon, I think). So yes, already taken.

Also also, count me in for the group that doesn't think a looping coaster is coming to Fantasyland. The concept art sure does generate some speculation though...

EDIT: ^ Now THAT'S topsy-turvy. And strangely accurate to the art. :D

I've heard good things about installations of that model (Maurer-Sohne X-Car) with this one over in Holland:

p18844.jpg

_Scar

LOL I see no loops. I'm hoping for some Alice in Wonderland presence in this new "Fatnasy Forest" (which is actually pretty awesome, just hoping it's a subland in Fantasyland and not its own land).

Labyrinth and Ches Cat Coaster is probably my most wanted in the case of a retheme. What about you guys?!

MiklCraw4d

Lee, is there possibiltes for some attraction in Pixie Hollow (dark ride, show, whatever), and Casey Jr. in Dumbo??

Again, from the press conference: They haven't finalized the design for Pixie Hollow yet, but there's a possibility that it will feature addition attractions. Casey Jr. is also under consideration for phase 2 in some format, although it might be different than the version we know from Disneyland.

As to whether the area will be considered a separate "land" - do we consider Caribbean Square a separate land?

I should also add that since they underlined how important Barnstormer is as an experience for kids too young to ride the other coasters, it's exceedingly unlikely that they'd add a loop which would increase the height requirement and miss the entire point of the ride.

vonpluto

That was the original plan but I think it got canceled because the rides would have been too close to the hotel rooms. That wouldn't be a problem at DTD.

You're probably correct.

Plus, folks have hissy fits now about seeing Swans from WS. Imagine the reaction if the backdrop to France and Morocco was a ferris wheel, a parachute drop and the Cyclone!:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom