New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

lazyboy97o

Nostalgia is not indicative of scale. If IASW is an E-ticket, then so is Buzz Lightyear. The reason people think IASW is an E is because of the nostalgia it holds in society, but that doesn't mean its the "biggest and best" WDW has to offer. IMO, Jungle Cruise is one that holds nostalgia but IS one of the "biggest and best" that WDW has to offer.
People think "it's a small world" is an E-Ticket because it required an E coupon, just like the Jungle Cruise (which at Disneyland actually started life as a C, but moved up as the ticket system expanded).

_Scar

In the defense of IASW, I've never waited more than 15 minutes for HM, and always have waited no less than 1 hour for Dumbo.

MiklCraw4d

When did Jacobson say this?

I was present at both the Parks presentation and the Imagineering/Lasseter pannel. I also watched the two press conferances he was involved with on youtube. I did not hear him say this.

The concept art clearly shows 2 DIFFERENT ride systems. One of them looks identical to the Aladdin spinners I believe.

I asked him this question AFTER the second press conference. I did not ask during the press conference because it was not relevant to the Disney/Pixar topic. I had forgotten to ask at the first presser, kicked myself for it, and asked him before he left the room after the 2nd. He said it's staying put. I'm not happy about it, but it was his clear and unambiguous response.

The Conundrum

Nostalgia is not indicative of scale. If IASW is an E-ticket, then so is Buzz Lightyear. The reason people think IASW is an E is because of the nostalgia it holds in society, but that doesn't mean its the "biggest and best" WDW has to offer. IMO, Jungle Cruise is one that holds nostalgia but IS one of the "biggest and best" that WDW has to offer.

oh good lord some of the people who post here are :zipit:

It has nothing to do with Nostalgia, It's a Small World is an E based on sheer scope and Disney itself recognizes it as an E (Go look at an actual friggin e-ticket coupon before coming in here with nonsense)

To even compare it to that junk buzz lightyear ride is downright offensive

_Scar

It has nothing to do with Nostalgia, It's a Small World is an E based on sheer scope and Disney itself recognizes it as an E (Go look at an actual friggin e-ticket coupon before coming in here with nonsense)

Buzz isn't junk.... but I do agree with you about iasw.

Just because it's one simple song and seems like a simple ride... it isn't by a long shot. There are hundreds of AAs and so much detail that it's mind blowing. It is really one of the "biggest" and "baddest" rides around if you want to call it that.

djkidkaz

I agree that some of the people that post here are ridiculous, oh wait, thats always you!

Just because IASW was an E-Ticket back in the 50's doesn't mean its still one today. :rolleyes: If they had Everest, TOT, Aerosmith back then, IASW would have been labeled differently. As someone else pointed out, Country Bear Jamboree was labeled an E-ticket, so are you telling me that CBJ is still an E-ticket? You must be because thats what the "friggin coupon book last said"!! :rolleyes:

Maybe you should go talk to all those Imagineer friends you keep telling us about, you know, the ones that didn't know the FL expansion and Mermaid were going to be announced at D23..hmm..well your wrong in 98% of your posts so Im not surprised about this one either.

Have a great day Enigma! :xmas:

lazyboy97o

Just because IASW was an E-Ticket back in the 50's doesn't mean its still one today. :rolleyes: If they had Everest, TOT, Aerosmith back then, IASW would have been labeled differently. As someone else pointed out, Country Bear Jamboree was labeled an E-ticket, so are you telling me that CBJ is still an E-ticket? You must be because thats what the "friggin coupon book last said"!! :rolleyes::
"it's a small world" made its grand debut in 1964 (only about half a decade after the 50s) and remained an E until the ticket system was dissolved in 1982. Your examples of thrill rides only shows that you have taken the erroneous position that E=thrill. The size and scale of "it's a small world", and the continued emphasis placed upon its prominence all point to it being a signature attraction.

Atomicmickey

"it's a small world" made its grand debut in 1964 (only about half a decade after the 50s) and remained an E until the ticket system was dissolved in 1982. Your examples of thrill rides only shows that you have taken the erroneous position that E=thrill. The size and scale of "it's a small world", and the continued emphasis placed upon its prominence all point to it being a signature attraction.

That's as good a definition as any, wouldn't you say?

E ticket=Signature Attraction.

For then, for now, for the future, IASW is one of, if not THE attraction
that people think of when they think of Disney and Fantasyland. That's
not likely to change.

E ticket, yes.

SirGoofy

What he said. E doesn't equal thrill.

And as for djkidkaz's example of RNRC being an E...I can't call a ride under a minute an E.:lol:

WDWFREAK53

NOW there's a ton. Before there was no connection what so ever, and even now it's fairly open ended and nothing is truly set in stone with the HM.

Well, I'd like to disagree.

Madam Leota's face is set in stone right before you enter the building.

Badump CH!

RSoxNo1

The old E-Ticket books were just that, "old". The metric used to determine an E-Ticket has changed significantly. It's become nothing more than a semantical argument and it degenerates into name calling very quickly. People can't disagree on here without getting the feelings hurt, it's really quite pathetic.

Sage of Time

Rude!:rolleyes::rolleyes: It's the same like IASW, really...

But yeah....Fantasy Forest?! Eww. :hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:

lazyboy97o

What he said. E doesn't equal thrill.

And as for djkidkaz's example of RNRC being an E...I can't call a ride under a minute an E.:lol:
Good point. Rock 'N Roller Coaster is big and fast, but it lacks a level of detail on the ride itself that is found in many of the other E-Tickets.

The old E-Ticket books were just that, "old". The metric used to determine an E-Ticket has changed significantly. It's become nothing more than a semantical argument and it degenerates into name calling very quickly. People can't disagree on here without getting the feelings hurt, it's really quite pathetic.
I believe the designations are still used internally.

So is CBJ still considered an E?
I want to say it was downgraded to a D at one of the parks just a little before the tickets disappeared.

Mr.EPCOT

When it really comes down to it, nothing is an "E" Ticket anymore. Sure, Disney will use that phrase to plug their newest ride, but you won't find them making an official stance over whether a particular experience is an "A", "B", "C", "D", or "E". Until if and when they reinstate the ticket system, the only criteria for determining the ticket value is purely fan-based.

RSoxNo1

It comes down to which attractions are most popular. If the Ticket books were still used today it would be based on ride popularity as that would lend itself to the biggest profits. This would effectively mean that most new attractions would fall into the D/E ticket range to begin, and then once they become established they would be moved accordingly.

SirGoofy

When it really comes down to it, nothing is an "E" Ticket anymore. Sure, Disney will use that phrase to plug their newest ride, but you won't find them making an official stance over whether a particular experience is an "A", "B", "C", "D", or "E". Until if and when they reinstate the ticket system, the only criteria for determining the ticket value is purely fan-based.

The "tickets" are still used internally to describe projects.

I only know because the lead for DHS's TSMM told me it was a D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom