New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

JustInTime

Exactly, it looks kind of disjointed from what we know of TS. Maybe TS3 takes a new direction?

I am doing a bit of armchair imagineering.

What if they made a "carnival" but made it look like Andy made it for his toys? The main strip coul be a western cardboard town like in the movie. All the western "shops" cpuld be shoot em' up carnival games with cheesey prizes. Toy story Mania would fit nicely down one side. Plus, it's perfect for gift shops. As you move past the main strip you see all the classic rides you know and love except they look like they are all handcrafeted by Andy for his toys! It would be well themed, on a budget and immersive.

What do you guys think of my "Andy's Carnival" idea?

AEfx

It is strange how a massive E-Ticket isnt really gaining much attention. Even here on the forums it isn't getting much interest.

I think it's because :

a) It's not controversial at all, who isn't a fan of Disney parks who can't appreciate this ride, and

b) It wasn't really news...we've known it was coming for quite some time. It was awesome to get official confirmation, but I think we knew some version of Mermaid was coming.

I'm personally extremely excited about it - more so than anything new coming since I have been an adult Disney fan.

I think it's because :

a) It's not controversial at all, who isn't a fan of Disney parks who can't appreciate this ride, and

b) It wasn't really news...we've known it was coming for quite some time. It was awesome to get official confirmation, but I think we knew some version of Mermaid was coming.

I'm personally extremely excited about it - more so than anything new coming since I have been an adult Disney fan.

Well put.

I think another reason that people aren't talking about it is because we don't know what to expect. All of the Fantasyland dark rides have C or D ticket attractions. We have never experienced in any park a POTC or HM level attraction in FL.

_Scar

What if they made a "carnival" but made it look like Andy made it for his toys? The main strip coul be a western cardboard town like in the movie. All the western "shops" cpuld be shoot em' up carnival games with cheesey prizes. Toy story Mania would fit nicely down one side. Plus, it's perfect for gift shops. As you move past the main strip you see all the classic rides you know and love except they look like they are all handcrafeted by Andy for his toys! It would be well themed, on a budget and immersive.

Then how could the toys be themselves?

I think they should of given Toy Story Playland the TDS Mermaid Lagoon treatment and made it inside Andy's room (sort of how DHS' TSMM is)

SirGoofy

Good attraction, however the extent of themeing is cutouts and old animatronics.

Still a good 'ol classic,but not HM or PotC,or LM.

Completely disagree. While I really don't like IASW, the details are there. Different style than HM or POTC yes, but just as detailed.

And old AAs? You do realize the HM ones are just as old, and most of HM's have a pretty small range of movement.

WDW Vacationer

Completely disagree. While I really don't like IASW, the details are there. Different style than HM or POTC yes, but just as detailed.

And old AAs? You do realize the HM ones are just as old, and most of HM's have a pretty small range of movement.
Oh.yeah it is a great attraction to me!

What I meant by old is the mouths and such...just move weird.

If not for that...definately a HM like attraction.

_Scar

Some of the IASW props look like something I made in fifth grade. I saw a lot of glitter.... a lot of it. But the animatronics and what not are all okay, just what's with the glued on glitter?

EPCOT Explorer

I really don't think Toy Story Land looks that bad.

I have a problem with it being put into HKDL because it shouldn't be part of a DL style park.
Yeah, there is that, too.

Perhaps that's the idea?...Dunno. Too busy reading about MP and MM. :lol:
Good attraction, however the extent of themeing is cutouts and old animatronics.

Still a good 'ol classic,but not HM or PotC,or LM.

Some of the IASW props look like something I made in fifth grade. I saw a lot of glitter.... a lot of it. But the animatronics and what not are all okay, just what's with the glued on glitter?

That's the style of it....:rolleyes::lol: Are you criticizing the Art form created by Mary Blair?

WDW Vacationer

Yeah, there is that, too.

Perhaps that's the idea?...Dunno. Too busy reading about MP and MM. :lol:

That's the style of it....:rolleyes::lol: Are you criticizing the Art form created by Mary Blair?
No, the art style is great! The attraction does not get what it needs, so movements are jerky and paint is sloppy.

djkidkaz

Nostalgia is not indicative of scale. If IASW is an E-ticket, then so is Buzz Lightyear. The reason people think IASW is an E is because of the nostalgia it holds in society, but that doesn't mean its the "biggest and best" WDW has to offer. IMO, Jungle Cruise is one that holds nostalgia but IS one of the "biggest and best" that WDW has to offer.

SirGoofy

Nostalgia is not indicative of scale. If IASW is an E-ticket, then so is Buzz Lightyear. The reason people think IASW is an E is because of the nostalgia it holds in society, but that doesn't mean its the "biggest and best" WDW has to offer.

Nostalgia has nothing to do with it. IASW is an E. I dislike the ride but it is an E.

IMO, Jungle Cruise is one that holds nostalgia but IS one of the "biggest and best" that WDW has to offer.

Why yes...yes it is.:D

EPCOT Explorer

It looks like Sid decided to put up a horror camp in his backyard. I mean, the tortured R.C Racer spinning back and forth, Slinky forever chasing his tail, and the army men tied to parachutes that they can't escape from. And the scale isn't even right! We're ants in comparison to the giant toys. They obviously cut and pasted from A Bug's Land.

:eek::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::sohappy:

Never thought of it that way....

...maybe it is?:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom