New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

EPCOT Explorer

When it really comes down to it, nothing is an "E" Ticket anymore. Sure, Disney will use that phrase to plug their newest ride, but you won't find them making an official stance over whether a particular experience is an "A", "B", "C", "D", or "E". Until if and when they reinstate the ticket system, the only criteria for determining the ticket value is purely fan-based.
If and when? I think it's gone.:lol: Thankfully. TDO even nickle and dimmed back then!:lol::lookaroun
Scale, # of AAs, great sets, etc.

But that's me.
Agreed!
Eticket-73.jpg

End of story!
:lol: Sure, in 1971.

But it is a good guide for now.

lazyboy97o

And RnRc really isn't 1:22. More like 1:05.:lol:
According to RCDB:
Rock 'N Roller Coaster (DHS) - 1:22
Rock 'N Roller Coaster (WDS) - 1:10
Xpress (Walibi World) - 1:40

The different time for Xpress could be due to the slight differences, but not sure about the Disney coasters.

SirGoofy

According to RCDB:
Rock 'N Roller Coaster (DHS) - 1:22
Rock 'N Roller Coaster (WDS) - 1:10
Xpress (Walibi World) - 1:40

The different time for Xpress could be due to the slight differences, but not sure about the Disney coasters.

I watched a video earlier, and from launch to the brake run was 1:05, maybe missing a second or two of launch.

RSoxNo1

Space is much more thrilling and exciting. Yes, I'm serious.

Disneyland's Space Mountain is less thrilling, but a better attraction in my opinion. Disney World's Space Mountain was horrible pre-refurbishment. My expectations are that the surface level refurbishments will bring it back up to an E-Ticket status.

Now I'm not sure what your argument is on Space vs. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but I do agree that inversions are not necessary to make a coaster effective. They're almost gimmicky, and at some points can be used as a selling point while otherwise damaging a coaster. I think the inversions work in Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (except maybe the third one), but on attractions like the Hulk, it probably has 2-3 inversions too many, the ride would be better paced if it had other coaster elements instead of jumping from inversion to inversion. Similarly, California Screamin's loop also seems out of place, and it really doesn't flow with the rest of the attraction.

Hate to break it to you but CBJ and HOP are still considered e-tickets by Disney

How much internal discussion about those two attractions takes place? Hall of Presidents is in a different situation than Country Bears due to the recent refurbishment, but if they are still considered E-Tickets internally than the definition has softened significantly, or Disney labels an attraction at one grade level and then doesn't change it based on the change in guest perspective. I think the latter is more likely. My point has been that if the system was still used today, most new attractions would be classified as D/E tickets when they first open and then as the popularity waned, they would fall into their actual placement.

There are some attractions that seem to be E-tickets in everyone's eyes, but you'd be surprised by how many people disagree on one attraction vs. another. I think the majority of people on here would say that Tower of Terror is a no doubt E-Ticket, but then someone that can't (or won't experience) will argue that it's not a family friendly attraction so it can't be an E-Ticket. Similarly, those same people may say that Haunted Mansion is a no doubt E-Ticket, while thrill seekers would argue that it's missing the thrill element. Disney may still use the terms internally. When these grading systems leak out to the public as they did for the D-ticket Toy Story Mania, and E-ticket Ariel's Adventure it serves the purpose of setting expectations. That in itself can be dangerous, but as a D-ticket I was very impressed with Toy Story Mania. To assume that Ariel's Adventure will be a better attraction, I have to be excited.

Figment632

Hate to break it to you but CBJ and HOP are still considered e-tickets by Disney

Any proof of this because I'm prettysure you are wrong. They don't classify anything like that anymore unless it's a huge immersive E ticket. So until you offer proof besides a ticket from 1971 you have no case.

SirGoofy

Now I'm not sure what your argument is on Space vs. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but I do agree that inversions are not necessary to make a coaster effective. They're almost gimmicky, and at some points can be used as a selling point while otherwise damaging a coaster. I think the inversions work in Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (except maybe the third one), but on attractions like the Hulk, it probably has 2-3 inversions too many, the ride would be better paced if it had other coaster elements instead of jumping from inversion to inversion. Similarly, California Screamin's loop also seems out of place, and it really doesn't flow with the rest of the attraction.

In my opinion, RNRC has about 5-10 seconds of pure, awesome thrill, and after that falls into the realm of mediocre to disappointing. The launch and loop-corkscrew combo is great, but after that it's a bunch of slow banked turns with an oddly placed corkscrew.

Where as Space Mountain gains acceleration and excitement as it goes along.

Matter of opinion to be sure, but I'd take Space over Coaster anyday.

SirGoofy

Any proof of this because I'm prettysure you are wrong. They don't classify anything like that anymore unless it's a huge immersive E ticket. So until you offer proof besides a ticket from 1971 you have no case.

I think HoP is most definitely an E, CBJ I'm not so sure.

lazyboy97o

I agree with HOP but CBJ would need to be redone in my eyes to get back to E.

Here's a question what would be considered an A or B this is just my guess.

A: Trolly/Train
B: Dumbo
This is according to a replica set I have, which I think is based on the 1971 offerings. In parenthesis I've given some Disneyland differences from 1972, according to Yesterland.
A
Omnibus
House Cars
Main Street Vehicles
Cinderella's Golden Carousel

B
Main Street Cinema
Dumbo the Flying Elephant (C)
Mad Tea Party (C)
Frontierland Shootin' Gallery (C)
Mike Fink Keel Boats (C)

C
Grand Prix Raceway
Peter Pan's Flight
Snow White's Adventures
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Explorer Canoes (D)
Swiss Family Island Tree House (B)

D
WDW Railroad Steam Trains
Skyway
Flight to the Moon
The Mickey Mouse Revue
Adml. Joe Fowler Riverboat
Enchanted Tiki Birds (E)

E
It's a Small World
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Country Bear Jamboree
Jungle Cruise
Hall of Presidents
The Haunted Mansion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom