New Adventureland bridge open (pic)

NewfieFan

New sign = visible progress

Makes the standard visitor say "Oh look, they changed something" -yeah, it's not much, but it's something. If you leave the old sign I think there is a tendency to say "Meh, nothing much was changed."

Also might indicate further changes are yet to come .. please step inside the 'new' adventureland ..

Who are we kidding... we're the only ones that will notice the new sign! :ROFLOL: (And we are NOT the standard visitor)

TestTrack

Who are we kidding... we're the only ones that will notice the new sign! :ROFLOL: (And we are NOT the standard visitor)

That is what I was thinking...most tourists can hardly remember if they've been on a ride before and/or a ride's name much less whether the Adventureland sign had changed since they were there last

New Adventureland sign has been added:

none2.jpg

Photo courtesy of Crushinat0r

Old sign:
none.jpg
I like the new one better, but are they gonna theme those poles?:veryconfu They look kind of....barren.:cool:

kashmir

Now, of course I'm speaking for myself, but I can't see the fun in not being able to walk and going to the parks. You get wheeled to every attraction, then have to load/unload at each one. Then you get to go through the same process to get back across the lagoon, into/out of the tram and back in your car/Disney bus.

If I were handicapped and dreamed of Disneyland or DisneyWorld as a child, I would put up with all the transfers to see the fun of these places.

If I were an injured person who could no longer walk, I would still want to see these magnificent places. I'd make do.

DonaldDoleWhip

I like the old sign better. The new one makes the entire land look like Pirates-land to me (although I guess the old sign was tiki-centric anyway).

But I'm still happy with the change, since the flatter bridge is the most important part.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Bunch of nerds. Fussing over a sign....

On a separate note, there is a new lawn where PI used to be. It is NIIICCCCEEEE....

rkelly42

Love that the sign is back up now with all the accents along with it, looks great can not wait to see it in person.

Tom

Beta Return
Looks GREAT.

Wonder if the temporary bridge will remian for additional traffic?

The notes on the blueprints for the temporary bridge say:

TEMPORARY BRIDGE - TO BE REMOVED PRIOR TO FINAL LANDSCAPE INSTALLATION.

and

TEMPORARY BRIDGE TO BE REMOVED COMPLETELY. SALVAGE ALL NON-DAMAGED WOOD MEMBERS

I don't think it will be with us much longer.

LinaBelle

I like the new sign. :) Then again, I liked the old sign as well. But, change is always good, so it's good to see they are finally putting some new things in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom