New Adventureland bridge open (pic)

RSoxNo1

The notes on the blueprints for the temporary bridge say:

TEMPORARY BRIDGE - TO BE REMOVED PRIOR TO FINAL LANDSCAPE INSTALLATION.

and

TEMPORARY BRIDGE TO BE REMOVED COMPLETELY. SALVAGE ALL NON-DAMAGED WOOD MEMBERS

I don't think it will be with us much longer.

So you're saying there's a chance?

Actually the bridge is arched in the morning when guests are well rested with lots of energy and flat at the end of the night when everyone is tired.:lol:
Fa Fa Ed!

disneyrcks

http://www.politics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

I don't understand what this means in regards to my quote......I didn't say they were of a minority, I said the people that fake it are few therefore they make up a minority of the majority of people who really have disabilities and are using ECV's or wheelchairs...do u have a neat little saying with pictures about people who can't take their time to actually read a post therefore infering something that is completely wrong and insulting? Minority has several meanings....usually it is the opposite of majority. Then again wizards I think you posted this to be antagonistic so I am blocking u and your shenanigans. Sorry guys back to the topic :wave:

RandySavage

the only thing is that it seems weird that there is a western cow scull in the middle of the palm leaf above the sign: look in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZRoEHXIzX0&feature=youtu.be at approximately 1:16 :shrug:

Looks like it could be the skull of a Guar or a Banteng - subtropic, wild cattle native to South & SE Asia - that would fit Adventureland's exotic theme. Maybe they took it from one of the Banteng on display at DAK's Maharajah Jungle Trek...
malebanteng16.jpg

On another note, the torches look like they did not make it back. Has the entrance recently had live flame torches on nightly basis? Would be a shame if that feature was lost.

jmick71

Looks like it could be the skull of a Guar or a Banteng - subtropic, wild cattle native to South & SE Asia - that would fit Adventureland's exotic theme. Maybe they took it from one of the Banteng on display at DAK's Maharajah Jungle Trek...
malebanteng16.jpg

On another note, the torches look like they did not make it back. Has the entrance recently had live flame torches on nightly basis? Would be a shame if that feature was lost.
yah true but still it looks to western

o yah i would miss thoes torches too :cry:

im sure it was because of crowd flow because people with wheelchairs and strollers would cause traffic jams making it over a bridge and would cause an inconvenience to the guests using the wheelchairs and strollers. great idea on Disney's part

It looks good! I loved the old one - very fond memories of that bridge (walking over it as a child with building anticipation to the tiki drums, letting my own children's stroller go for a ride down towards Main Street, and watching my youngest dressed as Cinderella lose one of her shoes as she ran across it - and then having a young 20-something boy offer to put it back on "Cinderella's" foot - priceless). But I have these memories, they are mine, and I will always have them. No need to pitch a hissy fit over a bridge changing. I'm sure in the years to come there will be a new memory to be made!

WDWRLD

That "new" sign looks like they should have used it in Frontierland. I loved the old sign with the weaved mat as a background and the split bamboo that outlined the letters. I understand the reasoning for the flattening out of the bridge but I sure did like that when you got mto the top you could see over the heads of all the others around you. And the themeing before was great, now.....not so much. I just hope they have that gas "tiki torch" that was right next to the bridge still there and working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom